Entomologist's crusade against naturalism and atheism

Günter Bechly denounces Neo-Darwinism

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Entomologist's crusade against naturalism and atheism

#121  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 01, 2018 2:55 pm

DavidMcC wrote:There is no point in continuing with this thread if all you are going to post is malign drivel.

Ffs, look at the plank in your own eye.

DavidMcC wrote: You aim is appears to be to wind me up, ine the hope that I might break the FUA, and thus possibly have to "leave the room".

Still a persecution fantasy on your part David, I've repeatedly corrected you on this.

DavidMcC wrote: When did you last post about the actual OP in any thread?

When did you last not beat your wife David?

DavidMcC wrote: No, don't bother answering that, because I might not bother reading it.

No David, you don't get to make blind, personalised accusations.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby LucidFlight » Jan 01, 2018 2:58 pm

LucidFlight wrote:Wortfish, you have a good imagination. How do you picture the designer creating the flagellum? Do you think there is a prototype mechanism conceptualised first, followed by clever genetic sequencing needed to create such a structure — a bit like designing an algorithm for 3D printing?

Perhaps there was a first flagellum? Imagine it. Were the atoms somehow manipulated into place from beyond the realms of the physical world? Can you imagine being there when the first flagellum came into being? Describe what happens. I'm sure the reality of such a situation would be absolutely fascinating to behold, don't you think?

Any thoughts on this, Wortfish? Of course, it would be pure speculation to paint a picture of that you haven't seen, but to imagine the process of intelligent design could be a valuable exercise. Think it through. What is feasible?

In terms of an artificial reality, one could spawn (bring into existence through code) a newly-design being. Where does one start with the design of said being? Is there a character design stage, after which the morphology is deconstructed, and then the requisite building blocks of genes sequenced to create the DNA? How is the original creature tested? How is it birthed? Is it grown from an egg? Are a whole bunch of creatures then inserted into the artificial reality, into an environment where they can procreate?

How did the idea for the flagellum come about? Did the designer (or designers) look upon the world and notice cell bodies flailing around without any means of locomotion, and think "what this cell needs is a flagellum"? Then, using their understanding of molecular chemistry, assembled a flagella and attached them to already-existing cells? Or, did they alter the DNA of existing cells so that they would create cells with flagella?

Any thoughts?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Macdoc » Jan 01, 2018 4:29 pm

Through a glass darkly I'm sure ....:coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#124  Postby felltoearth » Jan 01, 2018 4:40 pm

DavidMcC wrote:Fellto, ironically, you are one of the problem posters, that force off topic rows into threads.

Nit picking about word meaning devoid of context isn't my MO. Whether you believe you start them or not, you have a pretty high post count in thread derails. One must ask why that is.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#125  Postby DavidMcC » Jan 02, 2018 3:22 pm

felltoearth wrote:
DavidMcC wrote:Fellto, ironically, you are one of the problem posters, that force off topic rows into threads.

Nit picking about word meaning devoid of context isn't my MO. Whether you believe you start them or not, you have a pretty high post count in thread derails. One must ask why that is.

It isn't usually me causing the derails.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Entomologist's crusade against naturalism and atheism

#126  Postby felltoearth » Jan 02, 2018 5:18 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

It isn't usually me causing the derails.

QED
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#127  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 02, 2018 6:36 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Günter Bechly. We have a guy to pick on in this topic.

The_Metatron
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism