Evidence of Intelligent Design

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#41  Postby felltoearth » Nov 06, 2011 2:24 pm

ADParker wrote:

Two can play the argue through links game:

Skeptophilia: Eyes, images, and miracles


My favourite part is this:

Well, that is a lovely story, and it goes along with all sorts of other trappings -- the usual miracle stories associated with icons and holy relics, and various "amazing facts."  My favorite of the latter is that the stars on her cloak resemble the constellations that were in the sky in December of 1531, only reversed -- "as if the constellations were being observed from a vantage point a great distance from the Earth."  Presumably, the implication is that this is what the constellations look like to the Virgin Mary from her home in heaven.  The unattributed writer of that statement evidently is under the misapprehension that the stars in a constellation exist in a flat plane, and so if you were far away ("on the other side of the constellation"), you'd see them backwards, as if you were looking at an image painted on a flat sheet of glass first from one side, and then the other.  Unfortunately, the stars in the sky are not equidistant from the sun, but sit in a three-dimensional space -- so there is no place in space where you'd see the same constellations as you do on the Earth, only inverted.  You'd think the Virgin Mary would know that, somehow.


It always amazes me, though it's not shocking, how scientifically and skepticlally illiterate, not to mention unimaginative, religious apologists are.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 7185
Age: 50

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#42  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 06, 2011 2:53 pm

We do get them dont we. What a load of crap of the worst smell. I dont know they must think we are the arsed end of humanity.
THe guy cant write a complete sentence. :nono: :nono:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 37906
Age: 68
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#43  Postby Lizard_King » Nov 06, 2011 9:00 pm

felltoearth wrote:



What we have here... is an oddly discontinuous style of writing, Random Capitalization, a strange paragraph structure, and links directing to vacuous images. No substance whatsoever in these claims. Oh well. :roll:


He went to the Shatner School of Diction, surely. :coffee:


You might... be on to... something... here... :shock:
"Yet again it is demonstrated that monotheistic religion is a plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of a hearsay, of an illusion of an illusion, extending all the way back to a fabrication of a few nonevents."
- Christopher Hitchens
User avatar
Lizard_King
 
Posts: 1091
Age: 30
Male

Country: Austria
Germany (de)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#44  Postby ADParker » Nov 07, 2011 3:25 am

laserles wrote:Xenolinguistic for Skeptics...

Djed...The Ancient Egyptian Architectural Symbol-Structure' projecting from a hologram scribed stone:

http://www.impactoptics.com/images/T010-dijed-1.gif

Backbone?...or Missile Silo?

Could modern skeptics...the be-end-of-all-evolution...have gotten it wrong?

Details:

http://www.impactoptics.com/genesis-2.html

What We Have Here...Is Failure to Communicate!

No. What we have here is a textbook example of delusional mental illness.
Reason Over Faith
User avatar
ADParker
Moderator
 
Name: Andrew
Posts: 5643
Age: 45
Male

Country: New Zealand
New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Re: Theory of Intelligent Design

#45  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2011 2:17 pm

laserles wrote:
UnderConstruction wrote:I guess this is the same guy then:

http://www.evolver.net/user/laserles

And this:

http://www.facebook.com/people/Laser-Les/1044423365

:crazy:


I hold something...you will never be intelligent enough to understand...

You...hold nothing...& like all the other skeptics here...spew idiocies...

You-all are the 'leftovers from the deluge' and the 'remnants of Sodom and Gomorrah'.

have-at-it-idiots!



Isn't that just so predictable? Twisting an already nonsense myth round to provide apparent support when in an otherwise totally untenable position.

My guess is that you're holding your dick - and I don't want to understand. Now run along and play with it in private.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#46  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2011 2:19 pm

ADParker wrote:
laserles wrote:Xenolinguistic for Skeptics...

Djed...The Ancient Egyptian Architectural Symbol-Structure' projecting from a hologram scribed stone:

http://www.impactoptics.com/images/T010-dijed-1.gif

Backbone?...or Missile Silo?

Could modern skeptics...the be-end-of-all-evolution...have gotten it wrong?

Details:

http://www.impactoptics.com/genesis-2.html

What We Have Here...Is Failure to Communicate!

No. What we have here is a textbook example of delusional mental illness.



Some people are particular with their woo - connoisseurs even. Others, like our chum here, go for the smorgasbord feeding frenzy approach, taking a little of everything because their credulity knows no bounds.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 21866
Age: 41
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#47  Postby Mike_L » Nov 07, 2011 3:44 pm

A painting with no visible brushmarks? Even if this is true of the Virgin of Guadalupe it's no big deal! Michelangelo accomplished the same feat with his Doni Tondo....
Re: Michelangelo's Doni Tondo:
"...art conservationists were shocked to discover that they could detect no brushstrokes on the painting..."

Image
http://www.theartistmichelangelo.com/michelangelo-holy-family-st-john-doni-tondo.htm

In tempera painting the pigments are suspended in a glue-like medium. The Doni Tondo was done in egg tempera (or a combination of egg tempera and oil). The Virgin of Guadalupe is thought to be done in distemper... similar to the medium used by Michelangelo, except that animal glue (usually from rabbit hide) is used instead of egg yolk. The surface tension of tempera paints is such that they have very good "levelling qualities" (brushmarks level out).... much like modern-day enamel paints. A tempera painting can be built up with numerous (sometimes dozens) of fine washes that will show no brushmarks. Present-day tempera artist Koo Schadler does her paintings this way. So, no miracles then.

Edit: spelling
User avatar
Mike_L
 
Posts: 12029
Age: 48
Male

Country: South Africa
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#48  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 07, 2011 4:11 pm

I used to do a lot with tempera at one time. Bloody awkward stuff but gives a great finish.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 37906
Age: 68
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#49  Postby Darkchilde » Nov 07, 2011 4:22 pm


!
GENERAL MODNOTE
There have been a few unnecessary personal comments in this thread. Please remember that this is a discussion, and avoid making any personal comments, or in any way, post anything that contravenes the FUA, or sanctions such as warnings and suspensions may follow.

Please do not comment on moderation in this thread. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me or any other moderator for this section of the forum, or start a thread in the Feedback section.
User avatar
Darkchilde
RS Donator
 
Posts: 9015
Age: 48
Female

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#50  Postby Mike_L » Nov 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:I used to do a lot with tempera at one time. Bloody awkward stuff but gives a great finish.

You're god-like! :bowdown:


:grin:
User avatar
Mike_L
 
Posts: 12029
Age: 48
Male

Country: South Africa
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#51  Postby rJD » Nov 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Lizard_King wrote:
felltoearth wrote:



What we have here... is an oddly discontinuous style of writing, Random Capitalization, a strange paragraph structure, and links directing to vacuous images. No substance whatsoever in these claims. Oh well. :roll:


He went to the Shatner School of Diction, surely. :coffee:


You might... be on to... something... here... :shock:

"The Shatner School of Xenolinguistics"? Could be money to be made... :ask:

(bookmarking for the laughs)
I was "jd" in RDF, and am still in Rationalia.com

"Wooberish" - a neologism for woo expressed in gibberish, spread the "meme".

Image
User avatar
rJD
RS Donator
 
Name: John
Posts: 2934
Male

Country: God's Own Country
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#52  Postby laserles » Nov 12, 2011 11:41 pm

Image
laserles
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: laser les
Posts: 12

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#53  Postby laserles » Nov 12, 2011 11:57 pm

Listen up skeptics...

Read the Book:

Genesis 19:13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

Djed...Missile Silo of the Ancient Designers...Backbone of Osiris:

Image
laserles
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: laser les
Posts: 12

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#54  Postby UnderConstruction » Nov 13, 2011 12:20 am

:eh:
"Origins from God/Genesis are secular actually as we see it." - Robert Byers
User avatar
UnderConstruction
 
Posts: 1297
Age: 38
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#55  Postby ADParker » Nov 13, 2011 12:48 am

laserles wrote:Image

Pretty picture, fun little bit of an art project.
And?
Reason Over Faith
User avatar
ADParker
Moderator
 
Name: Andrew
Posts: 5643
Age: 45
Male

Country: New Zealand
New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#56  Postby ADParker » Nov 13, 2011 1:11 am

laserles wrote:Listen up skeptics...

Read the Book:

Which book? There IS more than one you know.

And why are you saying "skeptics" as if that was a bad thing?!

laserles wrote:Genesis 19:13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

Note that the word "LORD" is not just put in all caps as an ego thing, but as a sign of how desperate the transcribers were to cover over the fact that the actual word, as found in the closest to the original texts as have been found is "Elohim." Which refers to the pantheon of gods of the pre-Jewish polytheistic cult, on which all Abrahamic cults were founded and derived. Much in those texts makes more sense (albeit still as a fable) when read in that context.

laserles wrote:
Djed...Missile Silo of the Ancient Designers...Backbone of Osiris:

Image

Or so your Paradoilia leads your over-active and decidedly fixated imagination to believe.


Watch out for the trees man ! They are more than you think!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

Or could it be that it is nothing more than the way our brains have evolved to interpret? :roll:
Reason Over Faith
User avatar
ADParker
Moderator
 
Name: Andrew
Posts: 5643
Age: 45
Male

Country: New Zealand
New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#57  Postby laserles » Nov 13, 2011 3:05 am

No Paredolia here Bucko

More like a severe case of Anencephaly (Greek meaning of the term is "no brain") on your part...

Image
laserles
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: laser les
Posts: 12

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#58  Postby LucidFlight » Nov 13, 2011 3:16 am

How kind of you to provide x-rays of an anencephalic fetus to illustrate your point.

(It took me three attempts to spell that correctly!) :doh:
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Bob Bobson
Posts: 9062
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#59  Postby laserles » Nov 13, 2011 3:21 am

[quote="felltoearth";p="1057488"][quote="ADParker";p="1039723"]

Two can play the argue through links game...based on an argument by Gordon Bonnet..and his credentials are what? Other than being an absolute nobody with a blind baseless opinion...probably thinks the earth is flat too.

Scientific proof involves empirical procedure...with repeatable results. For...blind skepticism, all you need is a small brain with a closed mind.

Repeatable image developments...readily substantiated by anyone...anytime!

The tilma subjected to Spectrum Specific Illumination:

Image
laserles
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: laser les
Posts: 12

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Evidence of Intelligent Design

#60  Postby LucidFlight » Nov 13, 2011 3:25 am

:this: What are we supposed to be seeing here?
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Bob Bobson
Posts: 9062
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests