How many people built Noah's Ark?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: How many people built Noah's Ark?

#81  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 16, 2013 3:03 pm

NineBerry wrote:Wait a second, there's male and female cows and male and female oxen on that list?

Good catch. Perhaps they're LGBT cows & oxen. :)
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#82  Postby Agrippina » Nov 16, 2013 3:19 pm

:lol:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#83  Postby rplatell » Nov 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Anyway, the whole purpose of the Flud was supposedly to rid the world of evil sinners, was it not? In which case, how come there's still sinners around? In fact the sinning started up again pretty much straight after the water dried up, what with old man Noah getting pissed and lying around naked in front of his kids. So the whole escapade was one big mighty fail on God's part in any case. So much for omnipotence!
rplatell

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#84  Postby monkeyboy » Nov 16, 2013 4:09 pm

rplatell wrote:Anyway, the whole purpose of the Flud was supposedly to rid the world of evil sinners, was it not? In which case, how come there's still sinners around? In fact the sinning started up again pretty much straight after the water dried up, what with old man Noah getting pissed and lying around naked in front of his kids. So the whole escapade was one big mighty fail on God's part in any case. So much for omnipotence!

Or indeed competence.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#85  Postby Agrippina » Nov 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Yep.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#86  Postby NineBerry » Nov 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Nono, you are getting that wrong. The people before the flood were much much worse. For example they didn't curse their children for seeing them naked. That wicked were those people before the flood.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#87  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 16, 2013 6:23 pm

You've just reminded me of this ...

The part relevant to your post, NineBerry, starts at 8:00 or thereabouts. :)
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#88  Postby kiore » Nov 16, 2013 7:31 pm

rplatell wrote:Anyway, the whole purpose of the Flud was supposedly to rid the world of evil sinners, was it not? In which case, how come there's still sinners around? In fact the sinning started up again pretty much straight after the water dried up, what with old man Noah getting pissed and lying around naked in front of his kids. So the whole escapade was one big mighty fail on God's part in any case. So much for omnipotence!

Ha evilutionist have caught you here, if people are descended from the Monkeys why are there still repeats of the old TV series.. Eh eh? answer me that.
Folding@Home Team member.
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
kiore
Senior Moderator

Print view this post

#89  Postby Oeditor » Nov 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Towards the end of the trailer they seem to be portraying the "fountains of the deep". I've yet to see an explanation (even a nutty creationist one) just what those (clearly pre-existing) fountains were, where the water came from, and what replaced it underground when it suddenly added itself to the surface water. It makes even less sense than a "canopy" coming down.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#90  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Nov 16, 2013 11:15 pm

Oeditor wrote:Towards the end of the trailer they seem to be portraying the "fountains of the deep". I've yet to see an explanation (even a nutty creationist one) just what those (clearly pre-existing) fountains were, where the water came from, and what replaced it underground when it suddenly added itself to the surface water. It makes even less sense than a "canopy" coming down.

There is a guy on youtube called Nephillimfree who has an answer for you...the fountains of the deep were a layer of water under the ground that when the flood happened opened up at a point and the earth layers above the water crashed down pushing the water out at great speed. Fast enough that some of it got into outer space and landed on the moon and that is why it has craters and possibly why the asteroid belt exists.

I never said he had a good answer.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#91  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 17, 2013 1:32 am

Oeditor wrote:Towards the end of the trailer they seem to be portraying the "fountains of the deep". I've yet to see an explanation (even a nutty creationist one) just what those (clearly pre-existing) fountains were, where the water came from, and what replaced it underground when it suddenly added itself to the surface water. It makes even less sense than a "canopy" coming down.

Look up Walt Brown's hydroplate nonsense, or, as it was satirised over at IIDB, "hydropants". :)
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#92  Postby Agrippina » Nov 17, 2013 4:18 am

I'm going to enjoy that movie just because Russell Crowe makes a really good Noah, and to hear Hopkins pretend to be god. Hell I think Hopkins is a god, along with Jeremy Irons, Patrick Stewart, and Colin Firth.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#93  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Nov 17, 2013 5:33 am

Evolving wrote:
Calilasseia wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
mattthomas wrote:Funniest thing though, with all of these replica arks put together... there still isn't enough room for all the animals and supplies needed.

Not to mention the amount of rainfall it would take to flood the world to the height of mountain tops would also swamp any boat in a matter of minutes.

It would take 12" per minute for 40 days non stop from estimates I've read. The world record being 1.5" in a single minute only lasted for a single minute.

I ran a spreadsheet on the thermodynamic absurdities involved. The figure is nearer 6 inches per minute (more precisely, 156.25 mm). Even so, it's still a highly improbable figure to put it mildly. The most I can recall being recorded in my locality is something like two inches in an hour, and that was considered exceptional.

Ah, but what if mountains were lower in those days?

See? Checkmate, atheists!

Mods! Can we get we get a thread merge with the Expanding Earth thread please?
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#94  Postby Oeditor » Nov 17, 2013 10:59 am

DarthHelmet86 wrote:There is a guy on youtube called Nephillimfree who has an answer for you...the fountains of the deep were a layer of water under the ground that when the flood happened opened up at a point and the earth layers above the water crashed down pushing the water out at great speed.
So when the water shot out of the ground, the mountains fell into the hole left behind and there wasn't much of them left to cover! Then after a bit the water went back down and pushed the mountains back up again. And thus was the first yo-yo created. Riiiiiiight....
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#95  Postby Agrippina » Nov 17, 2013 11:33 am

OMG! :shock:
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#96  Postby NineBerry » Nov 18, 2013 8:15 pm

NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#97  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 19, 2013 12:19 am

For those who can stomach wading through this, Walt Brown's Hydropants nonsense can be seen in full here. Oh, and even though he's redesigned the entire site, he's still getting the Gas Laws wrong. Courtesy of here:

SCW. At a pressure of one atmosphere—about 1.01 bar or 14.7 psi (pounds per square inch)—water boils at a temperature slightly above 212°F (100°C). As pressure increases, the boiling point rises. At a pressure of 3,200 psi (220.6 bars) the boiling temperature is 705°F (374°C). Above this pressure-temperature combination, called the critical point, water is supercritical and cannot boil.

Let's see what an real scientific source says about this shall we? Let's go to Kaye & Laby's Tables of Physical & Chemical Constants, maintained by the UK National Physical Laboratory:

The critical pressure pc[/sub], critical molar volume V[sup]cm, and critical temperature Tc, are the values of the pressure p, molar volume Vm, and thermodynamic temperature T, at which the densities of coexisting liquid and gaseous phases become identical. At the critical point:

(∂p/∂V)T=Tc = 0 (∂2p/∂V2)T=Tc = 0 (1)

At temperatures above the critical temperature a gas cannot be liquefied.

Consequently, Walt's fantasy "fountains of the deep", if they ever existed, would be superheated steam, not water, and would almost certainly emerge in that form. Indeed, a good many hydrothermal vents (both terrestrial and marine) emit water at temperatures in excess of 100°C, which means that at atmospheric pressure, that water is gaseous, not liquid.
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#98  Postby Rumraket » Nov 19, 2013 5:45 pm

renekawa wrote:What are you all arguing about? They'll making a movie about it and soon we all get to see, how it was actually like.

I wonder do the people participating in this movie really believe the story? That would be a real shame.

They're actors, they usually don't give a shit as long as the money is right. :lol:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#99  Postby NineBerry » Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

So, in this movie, why are Noah and his family and everyone around all Caucasian?

Oh and I wonder whether we get to see Noah drunk in all his nakedness.
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#100  Postby Agrippina » Nov 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Hmmm Russell Crowe, drunk and naked. :grin:

Funny how movie makers always depict the characters from the Bible as looking like American settlers.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism