Intelligent design in Arizona

Meanwhile in Dumbfuckistan.

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Intelligent design in Arizona

#1  Postby Alan C » May 26, 2018 9:00 pm

This week in god
A politician with no background in science or education is trying to shoehorn 'intelligent design' into Arizona education.
This is fucking 2018.

A team of nearly three dozen Arizona educators worked on new science standards for the state – the first update in almost 15 years – which were presented to the Arizona Board of Education. But when their draft was released in March, the teachers were not pleased to see the words “evolution” and “evolve” crossed out.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Intelligent design in Arizona

#2  Postby surreptitious57 » May 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Anyone who actually thinks that creationism should be on the science
curriculum should be automatically barred from holding public office
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#3  Postby Calilasseia » May 26, 2018 9:40 pm

And if they're stupid enough to precipitate Dover II, they'll lose that as well.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Alan C » May 27, 2018 1:39 am

Absurdity like this often makes me think the US could wind up like the Adeptus Mechanicus in a century and quotes like this wouldn't be out of place;

In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now.

When uttering the incantation, mark well that the rod is upon and not within the intake. The second incantation should not be uttered until all the fumes have come forth, then the way shall be clear for the sacred words to penetrate unto the heart of the engine. If the mounting be hot say the third rune, if it be cold the fourth rune is more appropriate. For then the wrath of the engine will be aroused...

I'm also reminded of a comic that satirised this sort of batshittery, ending with a frame featuring a Chinese grad student thanking the US for continuing in this manner and therefore relinquish paid science positions to asian and Indian students.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » May 27, 2018 4:03 am

Eejits, the lot.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Calilasseia » May 27, 2018 7:19 am

Alan C wrote:I'm also reminded of a comic that satirised this sort of batshittery, ending with a frame featuring a Chinese grad student thanking the US for continuing in this manner and therefore relinquish paid science positions to asian and Indian students.

The version I have thereof is this ... :)

Keep Teaching Your Kids Creationism Indians Want Your Jobs.gif
Keep Teaching Your Kids Creationism Indians Want Your Jobs.gif (108.61 KiB) Viewed 492 times
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Blackadder » May 27, 2018 10:20 pm

I think a significant problem in the US today is that the wrong people are being shot.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Cito di Pense » May 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Blackadder wrote:I think a significant problem in the US today is that the wrong people are being shot.

If you shoot people at random, you have at best a fifty-fifty chance of shooting someone who fits the category "wrong person". Try it, and see how wrong you can be.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#9  Postby PensivePenny » Jun 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Blackadder wrote:I think a significant problem in the US today is that the wrong people are being shot.

The "wrong people" own more bullets... AND believe they have the Absolute Authority on their side... :eh:
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny

Name: Penny
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Cito di Pense » Jun 07, 2018 2:54 pm

PensivePenny wrote:

The "wrong people" own more bullets... AND believe they have the Absolute Authority on their side... :eh:

When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him.

[ R. A. Lafferty ]
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Ivar Poäng
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Return to Creationism