SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Ken Ham: End space program, aliens are going to hell

#22  Postby Fenrir » Jul 23, 2014 12:04 am

Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Beatrice » Jul 23, 2014 10:13 am

Blackadder wrote:If aliens ever do get around to abducting a human, let's hope it's Ken Ham. That way they could conclude that life on this planet has not advanced beyond vegetation and therefore presents no threat to the aliens.

If aliens did take him they wouldn't know where to probe though ... shit comes out of both ends with him.
Phew... for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself.....
"GOD" is an acronym which stands for "GOD Over Djinn".
Beatrice
RS Donator

Name:
Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Oeditor » Jul 23, 2014 2:29 pm

Ihavenofingerprints wrote:
Ken Ham wrote:“You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation,”

Out of interest, does the bible actually say this?

If god can divinely inspire scribes here on earth, why couldn't he inspire intelligent organisms on other planets? Who is to say aliens don't have their own divinely inspired Christian narrative? I can just picture it:

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Surely they can acknowledge the salvation of Jesus and be accepted into heaven too?
Anyway, accepting for the moment that Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden, who is to say that said garden was on Earth? Surely it would have been easy enough for them just to be booted off to an inferior planet, one that had things like rain and death.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Clive Durdle » Jul 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Philippians 3:20 ►
Parallel Verses
New International Version
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

I am sure there are other verses about the universality of Christ's death - creation groaning etc?

Why have we not seen evangelical missions to the stars? Let's start them!
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
Clive Durdle

Name: Clive Durdle

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 23, 2014 10:00 pm

Clive Durdle wrote:
Parallel Verses
But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

I am sure there are other verses about the universality of Christ's death - creation groaning etc?

Any genuinely intelligent life forms out there will respond to that with "Oh for fuck's sake, NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Genuinely advanced civilisations will have tossed religion into the bin millennia ago.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Rumraket » Jul 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Beatrice wrote:
Blackadder wrote:If aliens ever do get around to abducting a human, let's hope it's Ken Ham. That way they could conclude that life on this planet has not advanced beyond vegetation and therefore presents no threat to the aliens.

If aliens did take him they wouldn't know where to probe though ... shit comes out of both ends with him.

:this:

:rofl: :clap:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby willhud9 » Jul 24, 2014 4:27 am

Calilasseia wrote:
Clive Durdle wrote:
Parallel Verses

Any genuinely intelligent life forms out there will respond to that with "Oh for fuck's sake, NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Genuinely advanced civilisations will have tossed religion into the bin millennia ago.

I wouldn't be so sure of that either. Religion comes in many forms. Maybe not sky-god special pleading, but New Age seems innocent until you get to the self-empowerment aspects which are just. :crazy: Many New Age nuts make many Christians look incredibly reasonable.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Clive Durdle » Jul 24, 2014 10:23 am

But come on, I used to support Brother Andrew - Christian Mission to the Soviet Union or something!

Are there no xian billionaires to support a space programme? Convert Musk and Branson? Get Republicans to support it?

But I think humanity's true purpose is as purveyors of chocolate to the universe!
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
Clive Durdle

Name: Clive Durdle

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Rumraket » Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

I love how the video includes the token PhD, an intensely stupid question that no doubt is taken to settle the matter (seen any yet?), Hambone is so very fond of those (were you there?) - and a small amateur telescope. Shit, I'm convinced. Praise the cosmic Jew!

Nice prediction there Hammy. If extraterrestrial life exists, creationism is false. Will it stand the test of time? :popcorn:

I predict Ham and co. will be busy finding the new correct bible interpretationTM instead if we find such life.
Rumraket

Print view this post

#33  Postby Rumraket » Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Aliens: End Ken Ham before space program goes to hell!
Rumraket

Print view this post

#34  Postby Calilasseia » Jul 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Wow. Neil deGrasse Tyson does English-style understatement, with comedy finesse into the bargain, courtesy of the truly nonchalant "implied facepalm" expression as he said it. Even more reason to give this man a huge high five.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Dolorian » Aug 11, 2014 4:32 am

Ken Ham seems to be denying he said this on his site, claiming he was taken out of context:

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/ ... g-to-hell/

I find his reaction funny, here is a direct quote from the original post he claims was taken out of context:

"You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation. One day, the whole universe will be judged by fire, and there will be a new heavens and earth. God’s Son stepped into history to be Jesus Christ, the “Godman,” to be our relative, and to be the perfect sacrifice for sin—the Savior of mankind.

Jesus did not become the “GodKlingon” or the “GodMartian”! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the “Godman” as our Savior. In fact, the Bible makes it clear that we see the Father through the Son (and we see the Son through His Word). To suggest that aliens could respond to the gospel is just totally wrong.

An understanding of the gospel makes it clear that salvation through Christ is only for the Adamic race—human beings who are all descendants of Adam."

Rather interesting how in his response post he selectively quotes his own original post to try and claim that he said something else. Sure, he said he doesn't believes aliens exists but his point of view is still that if they happened to exist, not only would aliens have no hope of salvation, but they would also have been affected by Adam's sin and would be condemned on that count because basically Jesus just didn't die for them.

Limited atonement applied on a cosmic scale.
Dolorian

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Aug 11, 2014 7:13 am

chairman bill wrote:If aliens have souls, then there is no reason for them to be going to Hell - there may not have been a Fall from Grace on their worlds, and they may be paragons of virtue.

If they don't have souls, what bit of them goes to Hell anyway?

If there are no helsl on other worlds that means they might actually have reasonable gods, but we ended up with a cunt! Bastards! :evilgrin:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#37  Postby Oeditor » Aug 17, 2014 9:33 pm

I suppose Ham's so accustomed to quote-mining that he didn't even notice that he was quote-mining himself.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Rumraket » Aug 17, 2014 9:40 pm

End hell before space detects Ken Ham.

End space before Hell goes to Ken Ham?

Space end hell before Ham to go Ken?

Okay, I'll go to bed.. :teef:
Rumraket