More nutbaggery from UD

Sorry, have to share this

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

More nutbaggery from UD

#1  Postby Rumraket » Dec 30, 2014 1:21 am

I'm so sorry to inflict this black hole of stupid upon you, but I just had to share this one which was spotted on Uncommon Descent:

mapou wrote:Mathematicians can kiss my asteroid because they have a lame pony in this race. They’re already on the record for claiming that infinity exists and they will look bad if the opposite is shown to be true. Mathematicians are political/religious animals just like Darwinists, therefore they are not to be trusted.

My peers are the public. If a concept cannot be explained in simple terms that the average intelligent layperson can understand, it’s crap, IMO.

link.

Rarely does something so unambiguously encapsulate the anti-science sentiments of the anti-evolution movement as that comment. There's politics and religion in math.

:picard:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 13215
Age: 40

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#2  Postby Alan C » Dec 30, 2014 1:33 am

Can't trust them mathematicians, they'd better smash their computers and phones then.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
User avatar
Alan C
 
Posts: 2548
Age: 44
Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#3  Postby kennyc » Dec 30, 2014 1:49 am

Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Gallery - Photo Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
User avatar
kennyc
 
Name: Kenny A. Chaffin
Posts: 8698
Male

Country: U.S.A.
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#4  Postby laklak » Dec 30, 2014 2:19 am

kennyc wrote:The Butlerian Jihad!


Where's a good mentat assassin when you need one?
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 67
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#5  Postby Made of Stars » Dec 30, 2014 11:14 am

Paging Thufir Hawat...
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
User avatar
Made of Stars
RS Donator
 
Name: Call me Coco
Posts: 9820
Age: 52
Male

Country: Girt by sea
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#6  Postby Rumraket » Dec 30, 2014 11:34 am

Perhaps the greatest thing here is the irony of this particular statement:
mapou wrote:Mathematicians are political/religious animals just like Darwinists, therefore they are not to be trusted.

We are being told by a "political/religious animal" that "political/religious animals" are not to be trusted. Good, then we can basically dismiss all of IDcreationism as untrustworthy. :rofl:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 13215
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#7  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Indeed, it's one of those wonderful ironies, that the people who erect assertions of this sort are completely clueless about the implications for themselves and the assertions they erect ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
User avatar
Calilasseia
RS Donator
 
Posts: 22091
Age: 59
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: More nutbaggery from UD

#8  Postby Blackadder » Dec 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Rumraket wrote:I'm so sorry to inflict this black hole of stupid upon you, but I just had to share this one which was spotted on Uncommon Descent:

mapou wrote:Mathematicians can kiss my asteroid because they have a lame pony in this race. They’re already on the record for claiming that infinity exists and they will look bad if the opposite is shown to be true. Mathematicians are political/religious animals just like Darwinists, therefore they are not to be trusted.

My peers are the public. If a concept cannot be explained in simple terms that the average intelligent layperson can understand, it’s crap, IMO.

link.

Rarely does something so unambiguously encapsulate the anti-science sentiments of the anti-evolution movement as that comment. There's politics and religion in math.

:picard:


The sub-text being:

I am scared by mathematics.
Therefore it is wrong.


or to simplify to the lowest level of religious ignorance (known as the Comfort level)

I am thick.
Therefore you are wrong
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3776
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post


Return to Creationism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest