Remember Stevebee?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#421  Postby lucek » Oct 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Righhht.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Remember Stevebee?

#422  Postby Shrunk » Oct 06, 2010 6:12 pm

I have to say, the platform that Steve uses for his blog is quite wonky, thru no fault of his own. Comments often seem to go missing or wind up in random order for no discernible reason. Just for the record.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Shrunk
 
Posts: 26170
Age: 54
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#423  Postby Rumraket » Oct 06, 2010 6:46 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:As usual, you are way off. You didn't mention that I have acres of attacks on me already in the comments section of my blog. They have been left for the joyful reading of any evolutionaut. Even Cali's long essay on how terrible I am, that he wrote on RD is also posted by me on my blog. Wordpress is not like RS.org. I cannot archive the comments or continually make new threads. The comments go on and on, and at some point, repetitive personal attacks and repetitive evo-rants that have been done dozens of times become tiring and space wasting. My "rules" are very liberal. All I ask is that people say something with a little thought. Attack my stuff all you want using your own thinking and research. I have a large blog, and there are plenty of targets. But to continually get the same stuff over and over....."argument from ignorance",,,,,'magic space fairies".....'little stevie and his little heart", and continual links to anti-religious videos and sites is just irritating and a waste of space and time. The "don't do's" are tiny and very specific compared to what you can write. I even post many comments that break the rules horribly. You didn't mention that of course. What almost NEVER happens is any evolutionaut coming on my site and taking any page, paragraph, or point, and saying "here is where you are wrong". Is that too much of a challenge? The strange thing in this world is there is nothing that an anti-evo can do that is fair and right. Which I find very strange. But that is the way things are in this world. The BOO HOO button was just pressed, so have at it. Autopilot is always on here.

Was your application to the discovery institute rejected?
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 13142
Age: 38

Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#424  Postby hackenslash » Oct 06, 2010 7:12 pm

How many shakers can we get out of this guy?
User avatar
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 21386
Age: 50
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#425  Postby lucek » Oct 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Shrunk wrote:I have to say, the platform that Steve uses for his blog is quite wonky, thru no fault of his own. Comments often seem to go missing or wind up in random order for no discernible reason. Just for the record.


For note his chose to use it and continuing to use it is his fault. If you have a bad host or are using bad software then dump it for good ones.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#426  Postby CADman2300 » Oct 07, 2010 12:07 am

stevebee92653 wrote:As usual, you are way off. You didn't mention that I have acres of attacks on me already in the comments section of my blog. They have been left for the joyful reading of any evolutionaut.

At least your blog is being semi-honest.

My "rules" are very liberal. All I ask is that people say something with a little thought. Attack my stuff all you want using your own thinking and research. I have a large blog, and there are plenty of targets.

A lot of people are skeptical about your educational background. Should we all just ignore that and pretend that you have proper training necessary to evaluate any and all evidence? I don't think so.

But to continually get the same stuff over and over....."argument from ignorance",,,,,'magic space fairies".....'little stevie and his little heart", and continual links to anti-religious videos and sites is just irritating and a waste of space and time.

:nono: Sorry Steve but you're the one using those fallacies, not your critics. You tell us not to point out how 99% of people support something: ad popular. But wait, hardly any rational critics even use that argument anyway so telling people not to use it is sort of redundant.
As for the videos and sites, if you won't let critics back up what they say or let them point to any positively indicative evidence then what will you let them post? Pictures of Crocoducks and life evolving from a rock?

The "don't do's" are tiny and very specific compared to what you can write. I even post many comments that break the rules horribly. You didn't mention that of course. What almost NEVER happens is any evolutionaut coming on my site and taking any page, paragraph, or point, and saying "here is where you are wrong".

:what: What about ADParker's critique and corrections of article 36? If you ask me, he did a mighty fine job going over the whole thing.

Is that too much of a challenge?

Dismissing you because you gave people a good reason a challenge does not make.

The strange thing in this world is there is nothing that an anti-evo can do that is fair and right. Which I find very strange. But that is the way things are in this world.

:roll: Maybe that's because "anti-evo" arguments fail at every level to meat the strict rigors of science in general. Maybe you would have a case against evolution if you presented something other then some BS about Tyrannosaur arms, teeth fitting together, and the never-ending accusation about how anyone who disagrees with you is "indoctrinated".
Last edited by CADman2300 on Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
CADman2300
 
Posts: 485

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#427  Postby stevebee92653 » Oct 07, 2010 1:40 am

I"ll post this in the why I edit comments section 1c. Thanks!:
Liar-liar, pants on fire.
Pictures of Crocoducks and life evolving from a rock?
His pants aren't on fire anymore. Now they're nothing but smoking ash.
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Remember Stevebee?

#428  Postby Shrunk » Oct 07, 2010 10:25 am

stevebee92653 wrote:I"ll post this in the why I edit comments section 1c. Thanks!:
Liar-liar, pants on fire.
Pictures of Crocoducks and life evolving from a rock?
His pants aren't on fire anymore. Now they're nothing but smoking ash.


Except those weren't posted on your blog, were they?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Shrunk
 
Posts: 26170
Age: 54
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#429  Postby Darkchilde » Oct 07, 2010 10:30 am


!
MODNOTE
CADman2300, this post of yours: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post503117.html#p503117 contains personal attacks towards another member of this forum. Calling someone a liar is a personal attack, and as such it is against our Forum User's Agreement. Please take some time to review the rules, which can be found here: http://www.rationalskepticism.org/announcements/forum-users-agreement-t76.html.

Since you have no prior breaches of the FUA, I am giving you an advisory this time.

Please do not discuss moderation in this thread. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me or another moderator for this section of the forum.
User avatar
Darkchilde
RS Donator
 
Posts: 9015
Age: 50
Female

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#430  Postby CADman2300 » Oct 07, 2010 11:33 am

I made a few corrections targeting his blog instead of him personally. Is that any better?
User avatar
CADman2300
 
Posts: 485

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#431  Postby halucigenia » Oct 07, 2010 11:42 am

Regarding
stevebee92653 wrote:What almost NEVER happens is any evolutionaut coming on my site and taking any page, paragraph, or point, and saying "here is where you are wrong". Is that too much of a challenge?
Would you now care to comment on my previous post :
halucigenia wrote:Before you go Steviebee, as I promised here's another diagram I don't think that it will be a waste of our time to look at it.

and answer some of our outstanding questions now that you are back?
I think that it clearly shows you "where you are wrong" and answering those questions honestly will show you "where you are wrong".

If you are up for it I will start a new thread to discuss your new blog page, though that should be quite superfluous because of other's comments on that blog page.
User avatar
halucigenia
 
Posts: 1224

Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#432  Postby Bud's Brain » Oct 07, 2010 2:38 pm

:popcorn:
So many Christians, so few lions.
User avatar
Bud's Brain
 
Posts: 360
Age: 46
Female

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#433  Postby theropod » Oct 07, 2010 3:29 pm

All.

Would it be a violation of terms to consider the possibility that this thread should be locked and further discussion, if warranted, be done in a new thread?

I see this as a never ending back and forth wherein emotional issues have rendered most, if not the entire, value of the topic exhausted. Very much like the floodite thread featuring Mr. Byers. Since there have been several claims and counter claims regarding what is and what is not a personal attack the evidence for my petition is self contained. Perhaps, as a compromise, this thread be locked for a few days and see if it doesn't just die like the terminally ill thing it is.

Surely we can find something more constructive to do besides provide an international springboard for blogs and any whacko ideas presented therein. Yes, it's fun to shine a spotlight on ignorance, and I enjoy it far too much myself at times, but there comes a point where to continue to argue with a fence post* is rather pointless.

RS

* Southern US rural metaphor for someone set in place and usually made of hard wood such as Black Locust: Stubborn and unmovable.
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 65
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#434  Postby stevebee92653 » Oct 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Shrunk wrote:
stevebee92653 wrote:I"ll post this in the why I edit comments section 1c. Thanks!:
Liar-liar, pants on fire.
Pictures of Crocoducks and life evolving from a rock?
His pants aren't on fire anymore. Now they're nothing but smoking ash.


Except those weren't posted on your blog, were they?


P.1c.
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#435  Postby Shrunk » Oct 07, 2010 4:45 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:
Except those weren't posted on your blog, were they?


P.1c.


So they weren't posted on your blog. That is, until you posted them as quotations from here.

Makes a lot of sense, Steve. :what:

So are you going to mention that CADman2300 was censured for calling you a liar?
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
User avatar
Shrunk
 
Posts: 26170
Age: 54
Male

Country: Canada
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Remember Stevebee?

#436  Postby DaveD » Oct 07, 2010 4:46 pm

theropod wrote:All.

Would it be a violation of terms to consider the possibility that this thread should be locked and further discussion, if warranted, be done in a new thread?


On reflection this thread, because of the title, should have been locked as soon as stevebee92653 became a member. The drivel he spouts could then be discussed in threads that don't bear his name, and the temptation to resort to ad hominems might be reduced.
Image
User avatar
DaveD
 
Name: Dave Davis
Posts: 3022
Age: 61
Male

Country: UK
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#437  Postby CADman2300 » Oct 07, 2010 5:09 pm

Shrunk wrote:So are you going to mention that CADman2300 was censured for calling you a liar?

I wasn't censored. I was just reprimanded for calling Steve a liar which the moderator thought was a personal attack. I altered my comment to focus more on his blog and less on him and I did this because I knew it was the wise thing to do. Nobody forced me to change anything.
User avatar
CADman2300
 
Posts: 485

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#438  Postby hotshoe » Oct 07, 2010 5:25 pm

"censured" not "censored" ;)
Now, when I talked to God I knew he'd understand
He said, "Stick by my side and I'll be your guiding hand
But don't ask me what I think of you
I might not give the answer that you want me to"
hotshoe
 
Posts: 3177

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#439  Postby CADman2300 » Oct 08, 2010 12:36 am

hotshoe wrote:"censured" not "censored" ;)

My bad. :lol:
User avatar
CADman2300
 
Posts: 485

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Remember Stevebee?

#440  Postby Made of Stars » Oct 09, 2010 2:19 am

Back on the magic roundabout with Stevebee, are we? :doh:
Made of Stars, by Neil deGrasse Tyson and zenpencils

“Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars” - Serbian proverb
User avatar
Made of Stars
RS Donator
 
Name: Call me Coco
Posts: 9815
Age: 51
Male

Country: Girt by sea
Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest