Solar Eclipses

Product of chance or design?

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Solar Eclipses

#21  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 03, 2020 4:53 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Is this all just a happy coincidence that this astonishing phenomenon occurs only on Earth, the only planet know to contain intelligent life that can observe it? Or is it just further evidence for design in the universe?

You decide.

I love how you think your "designer" is so fucking inept and stupid that he thinks meaningless shit like eclipses is a message to you. Why communicate clearly when you can reveal your existence through something where it isn't at all clear that it's not a coincidence? :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Papa Smurf » Jul 03, 2020 5:14 pm

Wortfish wrote:Or is it just further evidence for design in the universe?

Fixed that for you.
Papa Smurf

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#23  Postby aban57 » Jul 04, 2020 6:04 pm

theropod_V_2.0 wrote:Do we need more evidence that the OP is a troll?

The alternative is very sad.

RS

I agree, we should get rid of him before the forum is filled with topics on every single coincidence on Earth related to creationism.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Svartalf » Jul 04, 2020 6:08 pm

What bothers me is not the presence of a creationist shill, it's the fact that his topics are so primitive and poorly put that debunking them does little to keep our minds whetted.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#25  Postby OlivierK » Jul 05, 2020 12:00 am

What would be really neat is if the designer got the combination of sizes right so that during a lunar eclipse the Earth's shadow was exactly the size of the moon, but he missed that by about 170%. Using Wortfish's logic*, that's evidence against design.

*Yeah, I know.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#26  Postby laklak » Jul 05, 2020 12:01 am

It's not perfect on purpose, or something.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Bubalus » Jul 05, 2020 8:18 am

laklak wrote:It's not perfect on purpose, or something.

Perfectly imperfect?
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” -Stephen Hawking‏
Bubalus

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Fenrir » Jul 05, 2020 10:27 am

OlivierK wrote:What would be really neat is if the designer got the combination of sizes right so that during a lunar eclipse the Earth's shadow was exactly the size of the moon, but he missed that by about 170%. Using Wortfish's logic*, that's evidence against design.

*Yeah, I know.

That just shows how arrogantly ignorant you are. If you weren't so quick to dismiss anything not taught by the Darwinist Ideology and persecute those who won't submit you would know that 170 is a combination of the high energy numbers 1 and 7 with the quantum spiritual multiplier number 0, making it an extremely spiritually powerful number. 1 and 7 also add up to 8, an extremely fortuitous and lucky number. The chances of the extremely spiritual and divine 170 occuring naturally are remote, pointing to divine origin design. Checkmate atheists!1!!

And that's numberwang. :dance:
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Alan B » Jul 06, 2020 11:45 am

OlivierK wrote:What would be really neat is if the designer got the combination of sizes right...

Yeah. Fancy putting the arsehole an inch away from the other hole... :scratch:

Sorry about the OT, couldn't resist it. :whistle:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#30  Postby newolder » Jul 06, 2020 11:47 am

JUL 17
Chasing Shadows at Jupiter: a livestream telescope observation

by Royal Astronomical Society
Free

On July 17th 2020, we will be remotely observing the shadow of the Solar System’s largest moon Ganymede as it passes over the face of Jupiter. Using computers within the UK, we will link to the Infrared Telescope Facility in Hawaii, observing the effects of the eclipse of Ganymede on Jupiter's upper atmosphere.

Register @ eventbrite.co.uk
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Name: Albert Ross
Male

Print view this post

#31  Postby Alan B » Jul 06, 2020 12:01 pm

That will be intersting. Takes me back to my 'teens when I was invited to use the 6" Cooke refractor at Hampstead Heath Observatory. I observed a transit of one of the moons. (I belonged to the BAA, then).
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Papa Smurf » Jul 08, 2020 8:02 pm

Alan B wrote:
OlivierK wrote:What would be really neat is if the designer got the combination of sizes right...

Yeah. Fancy putting the arsehole an inch away from the other hole... :scratch:

Sorry about the OT, couldn't resist it. :whistle:

This only goes to show that the designer is a pervert who likes a2p
Papa Smurf

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#33  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jul 08, 2020 10:25 pm

Taint so!

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#34  Postby newolder » Jul 17, 2020 10:37 am

newolder wrote:
JUL 17
Chasing Shadows at Jupiter: a livestream telescope observation

by Royal Astronomical Society
Free

On July 17th 2020, we will be remotely observing the shadow of the Solar System’s largest moon Ganymede as it passes over the face of Jupiter. Using computers within the UK, we will link to the Infrared Telescope Facility in Hawaii, observing the effects of the eclipse of Ganymede on Jupiter's upper atmosphere.

Register @ eventbrite.co.uk

A 3 metre telescope in Hawaii is about to live stream the event (via zoom) to my laptop. Marvellous! The eclipse shadow hits Jupiter any time now and will take about 4 hours to cross the planet. What a day! brb.

Also tubed!

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
newolder

Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby newolder » Jul 26, 2020 4:10 pm

More of a stellar eclipse tonight. A Kuiper belt object too small to be seen at this distance will occult a star for about half a minute...

via @TheAstroShake

Tonight, a ~726km wide object in the Kuiper Belt will make a star disappear, for ~33 seconds!

I will be recording the occultation, and showing it to you, LIVE.

Livestream link: https://youtu.be/H2JN8sl4Eoc

The livestream will begin at 22:30 UTC, TONIGHT, July 26, 2020.

"This one is small and those are far away." - Fr. Ted.
newolder

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism