THe "DNA is information" - argument

And the video that we should just respond with every time

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: THe "DNA is information" - argument

#81  Postby DavidMcC » Jul 07, 2013 11:12 am

^ ^
Typical hack "arse-water". Why am I not surprised? He and his co-horts seem intent on driving out clear thinking about jamest's methods of deception, and replacing it with their own misconceptions about the use of language.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#82  Postby hackenslash » Jul 07, 2013 11:14 am

Lovely projection.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#83  Postby DavidMcC » Jul 07, 2013 1:21 pm

I now characterise the "debate" as a war of words bertween two rival factions of the Humty-Dumpty sect, who all insist that words mean exactly what they want them to, whoever uses them. The jamest minority faction insists that the genetic code is a code and therefore (by his special form of logic) the kind of code that involves intelligence. The hack faction, on the other hand, turns this on its head, by insisting that the genetic code is not a code at all.
:roll:

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that all members of the HD sect assume that their linguistic rules apply to the whole world.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#84  Postby hackenslash » Jul 07, 2013 1:36 pm

Your tunnel must be starting to smell of the Pacific by now, David.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby hackenslash » Jul 07, 2013 1:49 pm

DavidMcC wrote: The hack faction, on the other hand, turns this on its head, by insisting that the genetic code is not a code at all.

Actually, I don't insist anything of the sort. I insist that the molecule we call DNA and all the interactions and processes pertaining thereto are not the genetic code. The code is our treatment of it.

Get a fucking education.
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#86  Postby DavidMcC » Jul 07, 2013 2:18 pm

hackenslash wrote:
DavidMcC wrote: The hack faction, on the other hand, turns this on its head, by insisting that the genetic code is not a code at all.

Actually, I don't insist anything of the sort. I insist that the molecule we call DNA and all the interactions and processes pertaining thereto are not the genetic code. The code is our treatment of it.

Get a fucking education.

You seem to have forgotten my early posts in this and the related thread, in which I explained as well as any what the role of DNA is in the implementation of the "genetic code" by the cellular machinery. I said that the genetic code was a code, NOT that DNA was a code, but that subtlety seems to have evaded you. (The cellular machinery is what implements the genetic code, using the DNA as information to be translated into proteins and RNAs. This was acknowledged by Cali.)

Your derails are becoming legendary, and often based on your own misreading. The above being a case in point.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#87  Postby renekawa » Jul 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Get a room, you two. It's getting tiresome.
renekawa

Male

Estonia (ee)
Print view this post

#88  Postby DavidMcC » Jul 07, 2013 6:08 pm

renekawa wrote:Get a room, you two. It's getting tiresome.

It certainly is, renekawa, especially for me! I didn't ask a mob to follow me round, bending my words and insulting me.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#89  Postby Just A Theory » Jul 07, 2013 10:02 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
renekawa wrote:Get a room, you two. It's getting tiresome.

It certainly is, renekawa, especially for me! I didn't ask a mob to follow me round, bending my words and insulting me.

Don't flatter yourself, I post in every thread that involves the information theory canard.

Don't take it personally either, I always correct misunderstandings even when they are well-intentioned.
"He who begins by loving Christianity more than Truth, will proceed by loving his sect or church better than Christianity, and end in loving himself better than all."

Samuel Taylor Coleridge 1772-1834
Just A Theory

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism