The flaws in creationism

A summary of scientific, logical and mathematical faults in creationism

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: The flaws in creationism

#361  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 4:02 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:Right. Someone who had the ability to cure cancer wouldn't be able to make nickel off this if he was telling the truth. :roll:

YOU fail to understand the point I am making. Spontaneous remission is effected BY THE BODY and requires NO medical treatment of any sort. THERE IS NO MONEY IN IT! :grin:

I'm sorry, nobody believes in your "cure cancer by thinking it away" method, which is exactly what you claim, despite your repeated attempts to say that's not your claim, which you then always follow it up with a statement that can be summed up as "you think cancer away". Every single time.

We're talking about a real cure for cancer.

Lies. NO statement I make amounts to "thinking it away"... NONE! The body does the job. There is no thinking it away bullshit that you are talking about.
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Name: Kyrani Eade
Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#362  Postby Agrippina » Aug 24, 2016 4:04 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Agrippina wrote:So you weren't saying that she brought this illness on herself when you said this:

kyrani99 wrote:Your sister can get well, if she is willing to consider with an open mind, the effects of ideas and beliefs in creating bodily reactivity.

You fail to understand the significance here OR you are just playing at the negative games that I see skeptics play to try and dismiss something they don't like, which doesn't fit their worldview.

If the problem is the result of the person's own reactions then IT IS IN THEIR POWER TO GET RID OF IT.
They only need to recognize that the ideas and manufactured beliefs were bogus, a hoax by some toxic piece of rubbish and the group of toxic people they employ to help them carry out the foul game play. And furthermore to recognize that the fear reaction or heat /high energy they feel in their body is UNRELATED, also a hoax. Once they see that, once they have an ah ha experience the show is over. THEIR BODY does the work in reversing the changes and removing the excesses. Thus they experience a spontaneous remission.

kyrani99 wrote:Your response however seems enigmatic.
Don't presume to tell me what serious illness is about. I have known serious illness, stage 4 ovarian cancer with metastasis to the uterus, cervix, bowel and both lungs. And I had been told by doctors that there is really no treatment other than palliative. That I should get my things in order because I had six months to a year to live. That was in 1993. In mid 1994 about a year later the medical tests confirmed NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE.

Agrippina wrote:Which means the disease wasn't there in the first place. Funny how doctors can admit they were wrong.

This only shows you don't understand what doctors are saying. They never want to use the word "cure" because they see too many cases where they claim "the cancer has come back" so they talk about "no evidence of disease".

Agrippina wrote:Or some other agent interfered in the reversal of your illness, your deity perhaps [/sarcasm]
This is the usual claim by all those who support the medical paradigm.

kyrani99 wrote:I could have given up hope and died but instead I investigated how I could survive and I had the first spontaneous remission.

Agrippina wrote:i.e. you thought it away! :roll:

No. The "thought it away" is the bullshit that is claimed when skeptics want to deny the fact that the patient has a body and the body does the job. And furthermore to deny the fact that the body is PURPOSE-DRIVEN and NOT A MACHINE!

I followed my intuition and moved a long way away from where I was. I didn't understand the significance of at the time.
Now I realized that I had moved out of and away from the toxic people who were trying to kill me, which is what I needed to do at that time because I had not understood anything of the foul game play. Now I don't need to move away as I realize that the foul game play is just a load of rubbish.

In other words "I thought it away". Exactly what I said. I'm so happy for you. As I said I hope you continue to lead a relatively pain-free, medication-free, contented life until you're 105, and then that your life ends, as all life does, in a painless, contented, sleep. That's what I wish for you. :cheers:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#363  Postby Shrunk » Aug 24, 2016 4:06 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
The point you are trying to make is that these spontaneous remissions are not really spontaneous but, rather, are evidence that cancer is actually caused by nefarious individuals sending psychic death rays out to innocent victims. We continue to await your substantiation of this claim.

These are just ideas you fancifully entertain.. LIES! I have never claimed anything about psychic death rays. Psychic death rays, IMO, are bullshit.

"Psychic death rays" is my own term for the fictitious phenomenon you are attempting to describe. I believe it is an apt and accurate term. Since you claim to be fluent in no languages, including English, I am probably better able to judge that than you.

You are correct, however, when you say they are "bullshit." :thumbup:

kyrani99 wrote: http://www.noetic.org/research/projects ... ssion/faqs The reason has to do with money. There is no money in remission. What oncologist is going to advise a patient in a way that puts him or her out of business? And what drug company is going to fund the research that does not bring profits?

Shrunk wrote:Right. Someone who had the ability to cure cancer wouldn't be able to make nickel off this if he was telling the truth. :roll:

YOU fail to understand the point I am making. Spontaneous remission is effected BY THE BODY and requires NO medical treatment of any sort. THERE IS NO MONEY IN IT! :grin:

Your claim was that there is no money in "remission", and further claimed that doctors deliberately avoid curing their patients of cancer to keep themselves in business. You should try telling that to my wife, who has been twice cured of cancer, after which the doctors no longer followed her and did not make a dime from her. (In the second instance, in fact, she had to work quite hard to convince the doctor to perform surgery, which obviously was more lucrative than sending her back to be monitored by her family doctor.)

Shrunk wrote:Meanwhile, here's an example of someone who made hundreds of thousands of dollars just by claiming he could cure cancer, even though he was lying about that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burzynski ... _Burzynski

The Burzynski treatment is only chemotherapy by another name. He is not doing anything different than other oncologists, only that he has gained a lot of attention because he is being attacked. He is only name alternative because he his not offering treatment according to the guidelines for standard of care. But he is really part of the same system, the system that says disease is caused by physical causes and thus justifies the claim that it requires treatment by physical means, which is bullshit. :thumbdown:

Again, your claim was that there is no money in remissions. Burzynski's example shows there is quite a lot of money to be made in promising remissions, even when those promises are false.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#364  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 4:12 pm

kyrani99 wrote:Only you omit to say that every doctor needs patients to stay in business and every oncologist needs cancer patients to continue to make huge sums of money.

SafeAsMilk wrote:They'd be guaranteed a flood of patients, having the cure for cancer and all. Who's going to say no to that? Certainly not the people who say no to treatment because of how much pain and suffering the current method causes them. Your conspiracy has no legs.

MY LEGS: THERE IS NO CURE. :grin:

Spontaneous remission is the result of the body reversing the cancer and clearing away the excess cells, which happens when a person stops reacting to negative ideas... STOPS REACTING MEANS THEIR BODY STOPS REACTING! :grin:

THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE MADE. People wake up to the truth and are thus able to maintain their health, even under the worst conditions. :lol:
For a patient to heal the shaman uses any device, which will alter the patient's belief about reality.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#365  Postby Shrunk » Aug 24, 2016 4:14 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:Only you omit to say that every doctor needs patients to stay in business and every oncologist needs cancer patients to continue to make huge sums of money.

SafeAsMilk wrote:They'd be guaranteed a flood of patients, having the cure for cancer and all. Who's going to say no to that? Certainly not the people who say no to treatment because of how much pain and suffering the current method causes them. Your conspiracy has no legs.

Spontaneous remission is the result of the body reversing the cancer and clearing away the excess cells, which happens when a person stops reacting to negative ideas... STOPS REACTING MEANS THEIR BODY STOPS REACTING! :grin:

THERE IS NO MONEY TO BE MADE. People wake up to the truth and are thus able to maintain their health, even under the worst conditions. :lol:

Sure there is money to be made. If what you said was true, there would be a market for experts who can teach people how to do this. But, since your claim is bullshit....
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#366  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 24, 2016 4:17 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:

I'm sorry, nobody believes in your "cure cancer by thinking it away" method, which is exactly what you claim, despite your repeated attempts to say that's not your claim, which you then always follow it up with a statement that can be summed up as "you think cancer away". Every single time.

We're talking about a real cure for cancer.

Lies. NO statement I make amounts to "thinking it away"... NONE!

You are lying. Every single explanation you've made amounts to "thinking it away", every single one.

The body does the job. There is no thinking it away bullshit that you are talking about.

If the body does a job, you wouldn't even know you had cancer. Your solution is to think it away. Stop pretending it's not, everyone can see you're lying.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#367  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 4:35 pm

Shrunk wrote:
The point you are trying to make is that these spontaneous remissions are not really spontaneous but, rather, are evidence that cancer is actually caused by nefarious individuals sending psychic death rays out to innocent victims. We continue to await your substantiation of this claim.

kyrani99 wrote:These are just ideas you fancifully entertain.. LIES! I have never claimed anything about psychic death rays. Psychic death rays, IMO, are bullshit.

Shrunk wrote:"Psychic death rays" is my own term for the fictitious phenomenon you are attempting to describe. I believe it is an apt and accurate term. Since you claim to be fluent in no languages, including English, I am probably better able to judge that than you.

Nocebo effect is not a fictitious phenomenon. "It was a subject-oriented adjective that was used to label the harmful, injurious, unpleasant or undesirable reactions (or responses) that a subject manifested - thus, nocebo reactions (or nocebo responses) - as a consequence of the administration of an inert, dummy drug, in cases where these responses had not been chemically generated, and were entirely due to the subject's pessimistic belief and expectation that the inert drug in question would produce harmful, injurious, unpleasant or undesirable consequences." https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/nocebo.htm

kyrani99 wrote: http://www.noetic.org/research/projects ... ssion/faqs The reason has to do with money. There is no money in remission. What oncologist is going to advise a patient in a way that puts him or her out of business? And what drug company is going to fund the research that does not bring profits?

kyrani99 wrote: YOU fail to understand the point I am making. Spontaneous remission is effected BY THE BODY and requires NO medical treatment of any sort. THERE IS NO MONEY IN IT! :grin:

Shrunk wrote:Meanwhile, here's an example of someone who made hundreds of thousands of dollars just by claiming he could cure cancer, even though he was lying about that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burzynski ... _Burzynski
The Burzynski treatment is only chemotherapy by another name. He is not doing anything different than other oncologists, only that he has gained a lot of attention because he is being attacked. He is only name alternative because he his not offering treatment according to the guidelines for standard of care. But he is really part of the same system, the system that says disease is caused by physical causes and thus justifies the claim that it requires treatment by physical means, which is bullshit. :thumbdown:

Again, your claim was that there is no money in remissions. Burzynski's example shows there is quite a lot of money to be made in promising remissions, even when those promises are false.

Burzynski is using the word "cure" sometimes, but like all doctors the talk is about "no evidence of disease" as the definition of remission. Doctors avoid using the word "cure" because they see that in some cases there are recurrences of cancer and they label that as "the cancer coming back". This is as absurd as saying if you got the flu once and it went away and then got the flu again some years later then the "flu came back". It is garbage. Even with the same cancer stem cells it is still another episode of cancer that is a new disease, not the cancer coming back. Cancer stem cells are immune products, which the body stores for future use, as it does with all other immune products.

However I am not talking about remission. I am talking about SPONTANEOUS REMISSION. A patient being able to deliberately get their body to effect spontaneous remission... THE BODY DOES THE JOB. There is no money in it. :grin:
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#368  Postby Shrunk » Aug 24, 2016 4:52 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

kyrani99 wrote:These are just ideas you fancifully entertain.. LIES! I have never claimed anything about psychic death rays. Psychic death rays, IMO, are bullshit.

Shrunk wrote:"Psychic death rays" is my own term for the fictitious phenomenon you are attempting to describe. I believe it is an apt and accurate term. Since you claim to be fluent in no languages, including English, I am probably better able to judge that than you.

Nocebo effect is not a fictitious phenomenon.

I didn't say it was. It's your cancer causing psychic death rays that are fictitious.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#369  Postby Scar » Aug 24, 2016 4:53 pm

kyrani99 wrote:

:crazy:
Scar

Name: Michael
Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#370  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 5:08 pm

kyrani99 wrote:MY LEGS: THERE IS NO CURE. :grin:

Shrunk wrote:Sure there is money to be made. If what you said was true, there would be a market for experts who can teach people how to do this. But, since your claim is bullshit....

Do you mean like psychiatrists?
With all the bullshit that is claimed in psychiatry about ideas emerging out of the unconscious to trouble a person, that the mind is in the brain etc., I don't think psychiatrists would be able to do the job.

If they were to give all that garbage up and admit that ideas are not in business for themselves, that there is such a thing as telepathy, which is strong between related individuals, that toxic related individuals are involved (an you can see from legal cases that close relatives are the most common serious offenders, eg murderers, rapists, childmolesters, assault and battery offenders etc.) then that psychiatrist would be well placed to make enormous amounts of money from helping people realize that ideas presented and the concealed threats that give rise to the fear or hot feeling/ lots of energy in the body that they feel are unrelated. They could first help those that are stage 4 and for whom there is no treatment other than palliative. This would dramatically turn the tables on big pharma.

Are you prepared to try to help someone, who has been given no hope by conventional treatment? Or are you in the same boat as Agrippina, who says "Dismissing a treatment out of hand, especially one that doesn't require doing anything or taking anything dangerous or anything at all, is the height of foolishness." is the height of common sense? If you are writing it off as bullshit without trial then obviously you agree with Agrippina, get the patient to accept death without exploring any outside chance. :thumbdown:
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#371  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 24, 2016 5:10 pm

The mind isn't in the brain now? Way to shit on any credibility you may have had left :lol:
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#372  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 5:14 pm

Shrunk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

Nocebo effect is not a fictitious phenomenon.

I didn't say it was. It's your cancer causing psychic death rays that are fictitious.

Nocebo effect is what I am talking about.
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#373  Postby Shrunk » Aug 24, 2016 5:20 pm

kyrani99 wrote: Nocebo effect is what I am talking about.

No, it isn't. The term "nocebo effect" makes no reference to illness caused by the influence of "toxic people". Also, significantly, the nocebo effect by definition depends on the patient believing they are being given a drug or other substance, even though they are not. Your psychic death rays, you claim, work even when the person is not aware of the existence of the "toxic people".

Why do I have to explain your own beliefs to you? :dunno:
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#374  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Aug 24, 2016 5:22 pm

Shrunk wrote:

Well, someone has to think these things through. :coffee:
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#375  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 5:41 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:The mind isn't in the brain now? Way to shit on any credibility you may have had left :lol:

IMO this is the claim of mediocrity , who fail to see outside the box.

I agree with Prof. Roger Penrose, a mathematician with radical new ideas.
He doesn't go as far as myself in defining the non-physical /information realm
as the mind and a realm outside of the physical/non-physical as that of conscious being,
nonetheless at least he sees a non-physical realm of information.

"Many philosophers, and others, would argue that mathematics consists
merely of idealised mental concepts, and, if the world of mathematics
is to be regarded as arising ultimately from our minds, then we have
reached a circularity: our minds arise from the functioning of our physical brains,
and the very precise physical laws that underlie that functioning
are grounded in the mathematics that requires our brains for its existence.

My own position is to avoid this immediate paradox by allowing the
Platonic mathematical world its own timeless and locationless existence, :cheers:
while allowing it to be accessible to us through mental activity.
My viewpoint allows for three different kinds of reality:
the physical, the mental and the Platonic-mathematical,
with something (as yet) profoundly mysterious in the relations between the three.

We do not properly understand why it is that physical behavior is
mirrored so precisely within the Platonic world, nor do we have much
understanding of how conscious mentality seems to arise when physical material,
such as that found in wakeful healthy human brains, is organized in just the
right way. Nor do we really understand how it is that consciousness, when
directed towards the understanding of mathematical problems, is capable
of divining mathematical truth. What does this tell us about the nature of
physical reality? It tells us that we cannot properly address the question of
that reality without understanding its connection with the other two realities:
conscious mentality and the wonderful world of mathematics."
New Scientist, November 18{24 2006
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#376  Postby SafeAsMilk » Aug 24, 2016 5:57 pm

kyrani99 wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:The mind isn't in the brain now? Way to shit on any credibility you may have had left :lol:

If it makes you feel better to define any and all evidence available as mediocre, knock yourself out. Every piece of observational evidence available shows that the mind arises from the brain, and has never shown a mind arising without a brain. Sorry reality doesn't submit to your wishful thinking.

as the mind and a realm outside of the physical/non-physical as that of conscious being,

So basically, he doesn't agree with you at all, but you're going to pretend what he says has anything to do with the wacky bullshit you believe in. Good job :cheers:

reached a circularity: our minds arise from the functioning of our physical brains,

Platonic mathematical world its own timeless and locationless existence, :cheers:
with something (as yet) profoundly mysterious in the relations between the three.

Nothing there supports anything you've said :picard:
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#377  Postby Arnold Layne » Aug 24, 2016 6:53 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

Well, someone has to think these things through. :coffee:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm a Pixiist
Arnold Layne

France (fr)
Print view this post

#378  Postby Arnold Layne » Aug 24, 2016 6:55 pm

kyrani99 wrote:

You silly bugger, SoS, see what you've done now? :shock:
I'm a Pixiist
Arnold Layne

France (fr)
Print view this post

#379  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Aug 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Is that supposed to be some sort of modern-artsy poem or something?.....
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#380  Postby kyrani99 » Aug 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Shrunk wrote:
kyrani99 wrote: Nocebo effect is what I am talking about.

No, it isn't. The term "nocebo effect" makes no reference to illness caused by the influence of "toxic people". Also, significantly, the nocebo effect by definition depends on the patient believing they are being given a drug or other substance, even though they are not. Your psychic death rays, you claim, work even when the person is not aware of the existence of the "toxic people".

This is intellectual dishonesty. You are trying to use the most narrowest definition and only as applied in drug trials. You also know that the garbage about death ray are only in your mind. Toxic people are two faced, they are generally unsuspected by non-toxic or humane people. The person is aware of the toxic people but not aware that they are toxic and the enemy. You know who they are, they are the people who psychiatrists call narcissistic, psychopathic and sociopathic.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3401955/
The narrow definition... a nocebo effect is the induction of a symptom perceived as negative by sham treatment and/or by the suggestion of negative expectations. A nocebo response is a negative symptom induced by the patient’s own negative expectations and/or by negative suggestions from clinical staff in the absence of any treatment.

But the paper admits to a wider definition: The verbal and non-verbal communications of physicians and nursing staff contain numerous unintentional negative suggestions that may trigger a nocebo response Patients are highly receptive to negative suggestion, particularly in situations perceived as existentially threatening, such as impending surgery, acute severe illness, or an accident. Persons in extreme situations are often in a natural trance state and thus highly suggestible (15, 16). This state of consciousness leaves those affected vulnerable to misunderstandings arising from literal interpretations, ambiguities, and negative suggestion

This is the medical definition, which doctors can talk about because the only evidence they have is as a result of observations in drug trials and in clinical practice. But this is clearly understood as the narrow view. Any negative idea can lead to a negative response.

This doctor can be said to have intellectual honesty, Dr Rankin MD.
"The nocebo effect is probably most obvious in “voodoo death,” when a person is cursed, told they will die, and then dies. The notion of voodoo death doesn’t just apply to witch doctors in tribal cultures. The literature shows that patients believed to be terminal who are mistakenly informed that they have only a few months to live have died within their given time frame, even when autopsy findings reveal no physiological explanation for the early death."

and here along the same lines as what I am saying:
"After reading through the 3500+ case studies documented in the medical literature in the Spontaneous Remission Project (http://noetic.org/research/project/onli ... y-project/), which was compiled by the Institute of Noetic Sciences, I now believe there’s no such thing as an incurable illness. If you or someone you love is suffering from a “chronic,” “incurable,” or “terminal” illness and you want to optimize the chance for spontaneous remission, you have to start by cleansing your mind of any negative beliefs that will sabotage your self-healing efforts. My upcoming book Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself (at Amazon or Barnes and Noble!) offers tips for how you can change your negative beliefs to positive ones in order to optimize your chances."
kyrani99
Banned Troll

Female

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism