Were dinosaurs descended from birds?

Something from the cesspool of Creationists

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: Calilasseia, DarthHelmet86, Onyx8

Re: Were dinosaurs descended from birds?

#81  Postby theropod » Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm

Wortfish wrote:
theropod wrote:Languishing in a cheap temporal motel, adjacent to an astral drive-in theatre, the mystery engine bemoaned its burdens.

RS

You may be interested in this paper: Hypothesis: Avian flight originated in arboreal archosaurs gliding on membranous wings https://peerj.com/preprints/27213/

The oldest feathers known to date have been found in archosaurs capable of flight. However, some of them (scansoriopterygids) flew by the use of a membrane rather than feathers. We therefore propose a new mechanism for the origin of avian flight by the use of membranous wings on both the forelimbs and the hindlimbs. It complements Beebe’s (1915) prediction of the tetrapteryx stage. Paleontological and embryological evidence suggest that feathers are a modification of reptilian scales. Scansoriopterygids were covered mostly by down-like feathers which seemingly acted as thermal isolation rather than being adapted for flight. Certain early birds, including scansoriopterygids, possessed elongate shafted tail feathers, which were probably used principally for display and resembled elongate scales. We suppose that display is the primary function of early feathers, which were preadapted for thermal isolation and also flight. The body of theropods was covered mostly by typical reptilian scales, yet some ornithischian dinosaurs possessed filamentous integumentary structures which might have had a comparable display function. However, it is doubtful that these structures in dinosaurs were homologous with avian feathers. Early birds probably shared with theropod dinosaurs an incipient endothermy, which was inherited from their common ancestor in the Triassic Period.

Consider reading the reviews of this “paper”. Get back with us when you have. Everything one needs to know about the accuracy of this “work” is contained therein. This will never pass peer review because it’s riddled with weapons grade BS.

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
theropod
RS Donator

Name: Roger
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby Fallible » Jul 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Front flaps, lol
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Jayjay4547 » Jul 04, 2019 5:16 am

aban57 wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
SkyMutt wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote:All the others had doltish skeletons and so did their kids.

:lol: What is a "doltish skeleton" and why would the almighty, all knowing, all powerful "Creator" have built such a thing?

By "doltish" skeleton I meant, one that proved that it could not be taught by circumstances to become much different than how it was back in the Triassic period. Looking at the cladogram on the previous page, while the Ornithodia kids became sauropods and birds and so on, the Pseudosuchia kids all looked a lot like lizards.

As to why on all powerful Creator would have built creatures with doltish skeletons, you can ask her that yourself.

Her ? :what:

Him ? :what:
Jayjay4547

Name: Jonathan
Male

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 04, 2019 6:02 am

Jayjay4547 wrote:
aban57 wrote:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
SkyMutt wrote:

:lol: What is a "doltish skeleton" and why would the almighty, all knowing, all powerful "Creator" have built such a thing?

By "doltish" skeleton I meant, one that proved that it could not be taught by circumstances to become much different than how it was back in the Triassic period. Looking at the cladogram on the previous page, while the Ornithodia kids became sauropods and birds and so on, the Pseudosuchia kids all looked a lot like lizards.

As to why on all powerful Creator would have built creatures with doltish skeletons, you can ask her that yourself.

Her ? :what:

Him ? :what:

Creator? :what:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby laklak » Jul 06, 2019 4:41 am

Zir.

Get with it, y'all. Philistines.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Creationism