Why stevebee is wrong

Incl. intelligent design, belief in divine creation

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5741  Postby stevebee92653 » Sep 01, 2013 8:35 pm

lucek wrote:I love the part where he explained that he came from a scientifically illiterate home and had major creationist influences in his life he managed to go to college and ended up agreeing with what he was taught as a kid. (pg. 14)

It's also kinda interesting how pages were removed. The majority are there. Typically in such cases a chapter or 2 are given unabridged. Not 1 page missing every once in a while.


You're trying too hard lucek. Amazon took out a few pages. I would be happy to forward you the missing pages if you're that dying to read them. I'm sure you would enjoy the read, and give me a good honest critique.
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5742  Postby lucek » Sep 01, 2013 8:56 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:
lucek wrote:I love the part where he explained that he came from a scientifically illiterate home and had major creationist influences in his life he managed to go to college and ended up agreeing with what he was taught as a kid. (pg. 14)

It's also kinda interesting how pages were removed. The majority are there. Typically in such cases a chapter or 2 are given unabridged. Not 1 page missing every once in a while.


You're trying too hard lucek. Amazon took out a few pages. I would be happy to forward you the missing pages if you're that dying to read them. I'm sure you would enjoy the read, and give me a good honest critique.

You misunderstood me. I was noting how it weird that you have the majority of you're work up. I give you credit for not making a pay-wall but what's going on there. But that said after reading what I can I have a strong suspicion that I don't need to read the missing pages as I probably already have.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5743  Postby stevebee92653 » Sep 01, 2013 9:12 pm

lucek said:
You misunderstood me. I was noting how it weird that you have the majority of you're work up. I give you credit for not making a pay-wall but what's going on there. But that said after reading what I can I have a strong suspicion that I don't need to read the missing pages as I probably already have.


There are almost 70 pages posted on Amazon now. Just think, you can read my stuff, and rag on and on about how terrible it is and I am....all for free! :grin: And you don't need to donate the dollar fifty I get for each book sold on Amazon. So the money doesn't go to an evolution blasphemer like me! What a deal. Actually, reading it would be a waste of your time for obvious reasons. But it's there for the taking.
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5744  Postby tolman » Sep 01, 2013 9:21 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:There are almost 70 pages posted on Amazon now. Just think, you can read my stuff, and rag on and on about how terrible it is and I am....all for free!

We've already done that at length here, but you seem entirely resistant to rational argument on the issue, and appear to have a burning desire to learn nothing and to continue making deliberate misrepesentations which anyone with even a limited education in biology, let alone a masters-equivalent-one would know were deliberate misrepresentations.

To me, that doesn't qualify you to be an author of a book I'd care to read even if you paid me.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman
 
Posts: 7106

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5745  Postby tolman » Sep 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh, and all the amazed by the speed of light stuff.

Written by someone who could actually write, it could be inspirational.

Coming from you, it just looks like unoriginal padding
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman
 
Posts: 7106

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5746  Postby stevebee92653 » Sep 01, 2013 9:29 pm

tolman wrote:Oh, and all the amazed by the speed of light stuff.

Written by someone who could actually write, it could be inspirational.

Coming from you, it just looks like unoriginal padding


Thanks! :grin: This is the stuff that makes discussion here so interesting!
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5747  Postby stevebee92653 » Sep 01, 2013 9:31 pm

tolman said:
To me, that doesn't qualify you to be an author of a book I'd care to read even if you paid me.


Well, uh, how much would I have to pay you. Everyone has a price.
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5748  Postby LucidFlight » Sep 01, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm waiting for the blue ink edition of the book.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
User avatar
LucidFlight
RS Donator
 
Name: Kento
Posts: 10805
Male

Country: UK/US/AU/SG
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5749  Postby tolman » Sep 01, 2013 9:33 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:Thanks! :grin: This is the stuff that makes discussion here so interesting!

Interesting that you ignored the stuff about your chronic misrepresentations of evolution.

Misrepresentations which could seemingly not be other than deliberate if your claims regarding education were true.

But then deliberately ignoring stuff seems to be one of the few talents you seem to express here.

And it would only be a discussion if you actually had any intention of listening to rational criticism.

Something which seems highly unlikely.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman
 
Posts: 7106

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5750  Postby lucek » Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:There are almost 70 pages posted on Amazon now. Just think, you can read my stuff, and rag on and on about how terrible it is and I am....all for free! :grin: And you don't need to donate the dollar fifty I get for each book sold on Amazon. So the money doesn't go to an evolution blasphemer like me! What a deal. Actually, reading it would be a waste of your time for obvious reasons. But it's there for the taking.

As much as I was fascinated to read either false memories or deliberate misrepresentation of you're own life (You either really think or want us to believe that the idea of something not evolving over 3 million years sprung into your head when you read a placard in a museum de novo.) again I've not seen anything new in what I've read.

Now if only you'd crack a real scientific text to 1/10th the amount I did with you're blog hard cover edition.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5751  Postby lucek » Sep 01, 2013 9:42 pm

LucidFlight wrote:I'm waiting for the blue ink edition of the book.

Too expensive. It would either have to raise the price that's already been discounted on day 1 or he'd have to take a pay cut. I mean it make so much of a difference. I mean it looks like he might possibly have actually sold 1 copy now possibly 2. It might mean dozens of dollars difference to his bank account.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5752  Postby ElDiablo » Sep 01, 2013 10:22 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:

There are almost 70 pages posted on Amazon now. Just think, you can read my stuff, and rag on and on about how terrible it is and I am....all for free! :grin: And you don't need to donate the dollar fifty I get for each book sold on Amazon. So the money doesn't go to an evolution blasphemer like me! What a deal. Actually, reading it would be a waste of your time for obvious reasons. But it's there for the taking.


I thought you said bye to us already.

Kudos for taking the time and putting all those ideas and words together to form a book. No small task, I'm sure.

I read through a bit of it. I had to stop when you talk about the human skin and that evolution should have designed a better skin for extreme climates. I stopped in the way I would have stopped reading a car mechanics book if it advised leaving the engine running while replacing an alternator belt.
God is silly putty.
User avatar
ElDiablo
 
Posts: 3128

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5753  Postby stevebee92653 » Sep 01, 2013 10:30 pm

lucek said:
(you)...want us to believe that the idea of something not evolving over 3 million years sprung into your head when you read a placard in a museum de novo...


I really couldn't care less what you believe about anything lucek. You think little "wolves" evolved into 300,000 lb. whales, and that theropods evolved into hummingbirds and woodpeckers, so that's enough for me.I fully realize there is no cure for what you believe.
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5754  Postby stevebee92653 » Sep 01, 2013 10:42 pm

ElDiablo wrote:
stevebee92653 wrote:

There are almost 70 pages posted on Amazon now. Just think, you can read my stuff, and rag on and on about how terrible it is and I am....all for free! :grin: And you don't need to donate the dollar fifty I get for each book sold on Amazon. So the money doesn't go to an evolution blasphemer like me! What a deal. Actually, reading it would be a waste of your time for obvious reasons. But it's there for the taking.


I thought you said bye to us already.

Kudos for taking the time and putting all those ideas and words together to form a book. No small task, I'm sure.

I read through a bit of it. I had to stop when you talk about the human skin and that evolution should have designed a better skin for extreme climates. I stopped in the way I would have stopped reading a car mechanics book if it advised leaving the engine running while replacing an alternator belt.


Thanks for the kudos. I do appreciate it, specially knowing how much you disagree with me. Of course I had to come back for a bit with my book out. Curious to see what the "skeptics" would have to say, since it just was listed on Amazon yesterday. I actually did know what would be said, really. And I wasn't disappointed at all. So after reading a few of these repetitious comments, I will be gone again. For a good while anyway. Your analogy doesn't hold up. Might want to think that one through again. How about 625 car makers making cars, but one of them used cardboard as a body cover instead of metal, like all of the other 625 carmakers use. What do you think?
User avatar
stevebee92653
Banned Troll
 
Name: Steve
Posts: 1324

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5755  Postby lucek » Sep 01, 2013 10:54 pm

stevebee92653 wrote:
lucek said:
(you)...want us to believe that the idea of something not evolving over 3 million years sprung into your head when you read a placard in a museum de novo...


I really couldn't care less what you believe about anything lucek. You think little "wolves" evolved into 300,000 lb. whales, and that theropods evolved into hummingbirds and woodpeckers, so that's enough for me.I fully realize there is no cure for what you believe.

This is getting old but learn to use the bloody quote funtion already

In point of fact no I don't. Wales aren't part of carnivora let alone descended from canis lupus. However I do see the evolutionary sequence from diacodexis via pakicetus ambulocetus dorudon etc.

But that is still a complete tangent. The claim that you looked at Sue and thought "If evolution was true how did this not evolve for 3 million years" just sprung in your mind has a few wholes in it. I sit here with no doubt in my mind that you are either mistaken or lying about the origin of that idea (probably the former, memory is like that). I mean the conclusion that the scientist said that T Rex didn't evolve over 3 million years. That takes motivated reasoning. The fact that this argument is common in creationist circles. The fact you admit in your book you at least were exposed to creationism from a young age. All thees things suggest that this might be when you accepted the claim put forward by your peer group but it's hardly at all indicative of you thinking it up.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5756  Postby lucek » Sep 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I know we went over this before but just looking at it again FFS.

The largest whale today. No points for guessing blue whaleat 30m. The smallest isn't well known. It's Hector's dolphin at 1.4M

So we have a range from 30 M to 1.4M.

But wait you'd say ones a toothed whale and ones a baleen whale. OK so lets do this again with that taken into mind.


Smaller larger
__X_________X__________________X___________________________X
_1.4M______6.5M_______________16M_________________________30M
Hector's____Pygmy_____________.Sperm_______________________.Blue
dolphin_____right______________.whale_______________________whale
__________.whale

Blue=baleen whales
Red=toothed whales
Purple=Overlap

So lets do this again but include Pakicetus

Pakicetus
1.1M
_XX_________X__________________X___________________________X
_1.4M______6.5M_______________16M_________________________30M
Hector's____Pygmy_____________.Sperm_______________________.Blue
dolphin_____right______________.whale_______________________whale
__________.whale
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5757  Postby theropod » Sep 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Funny isn't it? Steve claims to be, or has been in the past, a practicing dentist. Doesn't one need far more education than a Masters degree, in the USA, to attain that status? I mean, just to get the license to practice, one must provide evidence of scholastic achievement. It seems everything Steve writes is a bald faced lie.

Oh, BTW, Steve, Hummingbirds are theropod dinosaurs, like it or not. All birds are. Empirical evidence trumps your fucked up lies, and frankly I'm done treating your posts as anything other than the purposeful lies they are. Have any desire to attain a modicum of credibility? Go to THIS thread and at least try to to refute my presentation with something besides lies. I'll understand if you won't, trust me.

Let's see. Isn't there at least one carbon fiber bodied production car? Well, yes there is.

Image

SOURCE
Found after a 5 second Google search.

I know the Chevy Corvette has ALWAYS been a fiber glass bodied car since inception.

Do you ever get tired of having your stupid assertions exposed, or do you see these as even more opportunities to fabricate more lies?

RS
Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7529
Age: 70
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5758  Postby tolman » Sep 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Interesting (but predictable) that Steve's still ignoring the comments relating to him being deliberately dishonest in his knowing misrepresentations of biology, despite (according to his claims, at least) his allegedly having way more than enough education to know better.

I really can't see how someone whose writings seem to be chronically inaccurate and dishonest expects anyone to take their book seriously, apart maybe from people who want to be misled by someone pretending scientific credibility, or parents who wish to miseducate their children.

To think that someone might be relying on such people as the target market for their deliberate shitty lies is deeply sad.

Still, I suppose at least that if someone Googles his book title, there's a decent chance they might find this thread, and see how he chronically fails to even try and defend his knowing lies with any kind of rational argument, which pretty much says all that needs to be said.
I don't do sarcasm smileys, but someone as bright as you has probably figured that out already.
tolman
 
Posts: 7106

Country: UK
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5759  Postby lucek » Sep 02, 2013 12:21 am

Side note. Steve you used to take pride in your status as an inventor. What do you think about the industry finding a better option then your device? I mean sure they had the idea for the better, more efficient, less dangerous, quicker, more accurate, and less error prone system first but by golly you sure had an idea.
Next time a creationist says, "Were you there to watch the big bang", say "Yes we are".
"Nutrition is a balancing act during the day, not a one-shot deal from a single meal or food.":Sciwoman
User avatar
lucek
 
Posts: 3641

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Why stevebee is wrong

#5760  Postby ElDiablo » Sep 02, 2013 12:54 am

stevebee92653 wrote:
ElDiablo wrote:
stevebee92653 wrote:

There are almost 70 pages posted on Amazon now. Just think, you can read my stuff, and rag on and on about how terrible it is and I am....all for free! :grin: And you don't need to donate the dollar fifty I get for each book sold on Amazon. So the money doesn't go to an evolution blasphemer like me! What a deal. Actually, reading it would be a waste of your time for obvious reasons. But it's there for the taking.


I thought you said bye to us already.

Kudos for taking the time and putting all those ideas and words together to form a book. No small task, I'm sure.

I read through a bit of it. I had to stop when you talk about the human skin and that evolution should have designed a better skin for extreme climates. I stopped in the way I would have stopped reading a car mechanics book if it advised leaving the engine running while replacing an alternator belt.


Thanks for the kudos. I do appreciate it, specially knowing how much you disagree with me. Of course I had to come back for a bit with my book out. Curious to see what the "skeptics" would have to say, since it just was listed on Amazon yesterday. I actually did know what would be said, really. And I wasn't disappointed at all. So after reading a few of these repetitious comments, I will be gone again. For a good while anyway. Your analogy doesn't hold up. Might want to think that one through again. How about 625 car makers making cars, but one of them used cardboard as a body cover instead of metal, like all of the other 625 carmakers use. What do you think?


I'll stick with mine. A car maker may get everything else right but the shell. With my analogy you're wrong from even the most fundamental aspect of alternator repair. If you can't get the basics right, how can you get anything else right?
God is silly putty.
User avatar
ElDiablo
 
Posts: 3128

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Creationism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest