Coral reefs and Noah's Flood

Geology, Geophysics, Oceanography, Meteorology etc.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Coral reefs and Noah's Flood

#21  Postby aufbahrung » Feb 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
aufbahrung wrote:Global flood did happen after snowball Earth ...

So you don't have a source for this, it was just an off the cuff assertion on your part that just so happens to quite obviously be complete nonsense to the exact same scientifically illiterate degree of typical Creationist claims?

Global flood happening after a snowball Earth would still require there to be sufficient water on the planet in the first place to cover the planet regardless of it being frozen or not. Ice doesn't generate water - it IS water.

Bayesian operator. Controversial, slightly rhetorical, and because my imagination is visual based on a fleeting glimpse of what happened that sprang ready made into my inner 8k tv....actually intuition and imagination does move science forwards, albeit not always. I'm first to say my thinking ain't off the shelf dog standard.
ship struck the rocks yesterday, and the worst is yet to be....
aufbahrung

Name: Your Real Name

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Coral reefs and Noah's Flood

#22  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 26, 2020 8:09 pm

aufbahrung wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
aufbahrung wrote:Global flood did happen after snowball Earth ...

So you don't have a source for this, it was just an off the cuff assertion on your part that just so happens to quite obviously be complete nonsense to the exact same scientifically illiterate degree of typical Creationist claims?

Global flood happening after a snowball Earth would still require there to be sufficient water on the planet in the first place to cover the planet regardless of it being frozen or not. Ice doesn't generate water - it IS water.

Bayesian operator. Controversial, slightly rhetorical, and because my imagination is visual based on a fleeting glimpse of what happened that sprang ready made into my inner 8k tv....actually intuition and imagination does move science forwards, albeit not always. I'm first to say my thinking ain't off the shelf dog standard.

Another way of putting that is "flat wrong".
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Earth Sciences