8th grade test

from 1912

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

8th grade test

#1  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 10, 2015 1:47 am

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: 8th grade test

#2  Postby Onyx8 » Jul 10, 2015 3:24 am

Interesting. My son is in grade 8, and I don't really see much difference other than in the language used, some of the assumptive knowledge, and weird (to me) mathematical notation.

Of course my son is expected to not only know all that but a whole raft of other stuff.
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: 8th grade test

#3  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 10, 2015 9:00 am

Onyx8 wrote:Interesting. My son is in grade 8, and I don't really see much difference other than in the language used, some of the assumptive knowledge, and weird (to me) mathematical notation.

Of course my son is expected to not only know all that but a whole raft of other stuff.

Yea, I was doubting the title/message of the article myself and wondering if that was just me.
Still, interesting to see, that there's little difference in over a century of education.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Return to Parenting & Education