Brag Book

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: BRAG BOOK

#61  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 06, 2010 6:51 am

pennypitstop wrote:
The_Metatron wrote:My youngest boy, named after the Hardrada, will be three at the end of this month. He's been crapping in a toilet for over a week now. Muuuch nicer. His older brother, the Protector, acquired this skill earlier, I think. But, we didn't see the need to fight either one over it.

The tipping point seems to be when you get them into regular underwear instead of a diaper. It's much more uncomfortable for them to soil underwear, so gives them incentive to eliminate elsewhere.

Our first go with the younger was to simply take his diaper off and catch him in time. Yeah. The first time he crapped without the diaper, there was shit on the floor, shit between his toes from him stomping in it, shit on his hands from wiping it off his legs, shit in his hair from wiping his hands off, shit in Mom's hair for the same reason. Pretty much shit everywhere. That didn't go very well.

I suspect toilet training happened earlier when cloth diapers were in use, because of the discomfort of wearing a piss soaked, crap filled cloth diaper. These new disposables form a nice gel and are much more comfortable to wear loaded, as it were. I think.

:lol:

Well last week my daughter was going outside to crap on the patio then yelling at the flies that to 'GO AWAY IT'S MY POO!'. :shifty: This week she's been asking to go to the toilet for wees and poos and today managed a trip to the local nature reserve without any accidents in her knickers. :thumbup:

The first time my oldest crapped in the garden, he didn't get any on him or anything. Then my dog ran up and ate it.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby natselrox » Aug 06, 2010 6:51 am

Could we please discuss something else? Thanks.
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#63  Postby The_Metatron » Aug 06, 2010 7:10 am

Wait until you get a couple crap factories.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#64  Postby pennypitstop » Aug 06, 2010 8:16 am

The_Metatron wrote:
The first time my oldest crapped in the garden, he didn't get any on him or anything. Then my dog ran up and ate it.
:lol: :yuk: :yuk:

Sorry Nats ;)
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Durro » Aug 08, 2010 2:16 am

Hi Guys,

We had a small disaster yesterday at the Ignite performance at the kids' school. In the pre-show clowning around before the final show Saturday night, Matthew slipped on a polished wooden floor in front of the audience (we were knocking a beach ball around with the audience) and he came down HARD on his arm. I had to assist him out of the auditorium to the foyer, where he promptly went pale, sweaty, nauseous and was in a lot of pain with his arm at the wrist and elbow. His fingers were numb and he was in tears. We iced it, put his arm in a sling and gave him some Ibuprofen.

This all about 30 minutes before their clown act during the performance...

:whine:

Fortunately, I was dressed like a clown, as Claire had encountered a hostile adult who brushed her out of the way on Thursday (leaving her in tears), so I "helped" the kids do some outside, pre-show clowning on Friday and Saturday's shows. Sooooooo, pappa clown (me) substituted into the act and took over the physical parts of Matthew's routine while he played the saxophone with his throbbing swollen arm in a sling. Here's the result...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5taa0Sytw[/youtube]

Today, I x-rayed Matthew and there's a suspicion of a possible radial epiphysis fracture (Salter-Harris type) so he's in a backslab plaster and arm in a sling till at least Wednesday.

:ill:

I suspect that he'll earn some kudos tomorrow at school when he's seen with his arm in plaster and in a sling. He showed tremendous courage to go back out and put on a show with a possible broken arm only 30 mins after it happened.

:thumbup:

P.S. The Volunteer from the audience was the school's Principal. :evilgrin:
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#66  Postby natselrox » Aug 08, 2010 3:37 am

Brave boy, genius girl, sporting papa, here's your collective Orson!

What a boy, Matthew!! Get well soon! :smile: :thumbup:

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Mantisdreamz » Aug 08, 2010 5:48 am

:clap:

Now isn't that sweet. Sorry about your boy, I hope he's okay. :( But, he's quite the trooper! As for the other clowns there too. :)

I just noticed that he was playing the Simpson's on saxophone. :tongue:
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby OlivierK » Aug 08, 2010 6:01 am

Watching a Disney movie (The Little Mermaid, I think) my then-5-year old daughter turned to me at the wedding scene, and asked "In the movies it's always a girl and a boy who fall in love and get married, but in the real world it could be two girls or two boys, right?" I explained that while girls usually fell in love with boys that she was right, and while same-sex couples who love each other and live together could not yet get married in Australia, that might change soon. "Cool!," she replied, "because it would be completely unfair if they can''t."

Insightful as that was, it was what came next that floored me. She's got younger brothers and her total understanding of sex is that you need a mummy and a daddy to make a baby. So faced with the news that same-sex couples did exist in the non-Disneyfied world, she came out with (as close to a direct quote as I can recall) "But without a mummy and a daddy, they wouldn't be able to have their own kids. That must be really sad for them, but they could still adopt if they wanted kids, right?" (one of her friends is adopted so she knows about that).

Very much a proud daddy moment :)
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#69  Postby CJ » Aug 08, 2010 7:37 am

All my kids are grown up now. But my eldest daughter is expecting her first child, my first grandson (they know the gender) on Dec 3rd, 2 days after my 51st Birthday. So with a bit of luck in a few years I'll have some material to contribute! In the mean time congratulations to all bright little stars that will light up our future!

@Durro. Your medical speak was a little impenetrable Image
What star sign are you? Please tick you star sign in a tiny bit of ongoing research. :)
CJ

Name: Chris(topher)
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#70  Postby pennypitstop » Aug 08, 2010 8:15 am

natselrox wrote:Brave boy, genius girl, sporting papa, here's your collective Orson!

What a boy, Matthew!! Get well soon! :smile: :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Nice legs Durro! ;)
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
pennypitstop

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#71  Postby natselrox » Aug 08, 2010 8:21 am

pennypitstop wrote:Nice legs Durro! ;)

Durro has a crush on the principal... :grin:

natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#72  Postby Durro » Aug 08, 2010 8:39 am

CJ wrote:@Durro. Your medical speak was a little impenetrable

possible radial epiphysis fracture (Salter-Harris type)

The growth plate on the end of his bone which joins at the wrist may have a little crack or may be slipped a little.

:what:
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#73  Postby Witticism » Aug 08, 2010 9:34 am

Durro wrote:
Fortunately, I was dressed always dress like a clown ...

Fixed :naughty2:

Durro wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5taa0Sytw[/youtube]

The Durros are a bunch of clowns class act :clap: :cheers:

I hope Matthew gets better soon.

Ps. Nice knees Durro ... Mrs Durro is very luck :naughty2:
If you are not vegan, please consider going vegan. It’s a matter of nonviolence. Being vegan is your statement that you reject violence to other sentient beings, to yourself, and to the environment, on which all sentient beings depend.
Gary Francione
Witticism
RS Donator

Name: Witti
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#74  Postby Durro » Aug 10, 2010 2:25 am

Good news - the arm isn't broken, merely sprained. The 1/2 plaster should come off tomorrow.

:dance:

Yes, I do have nice legs, don't I ? That's karate, tennis and cycling for you. I could probably crack walnuts between my butt cheeks. But, this and the other favourable attributes of my legs are solely for the use of Mrs Durro, sorry ladies (and Witticism :shock: ).

Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#75  Postby Witticism » Aug 10, 2010 3:01 am

Durro wrote:Good news - the arm isn't broken, merely sprained. The 1/2 plaster should come off tomorrow.

:dance:

Great news :cheers:

Durro wrote:Yes, I do have nice legs, don't I ? That's karate, tennis and cycling for you. I could probably crack walnuts between my butt cheeks. But, this and the other favourable attributes of my legs are solely for the use of Mrs Durro, sorry ladies (and Witticism :shock: ).

You tease! :shifty:
If you are not vegan, please consider going vegan. It’s a matter of nonviolence. Being vegan is your statement that you reject violence to other sentient beings, to yourself, and to the environment, on which all sentient beings depend.
Gary Francione
Witticism
RS Donator

Name: Witti
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby Jain » Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Fantastic Durro!!!!!! Absolutely brilliant!!! Claire was fab and Matthew was fab too, with his poorly arm Awwwwwww. As for you, well, love the socks thy suit you!!!! i properly LOL'ed espcially when claire did the back flip thing and the head teacher was supposed to follow!!! LOL!

CJ CONGRATULATIONS GRANDAD!!! Let us know if it will be a granddaughter or grandson when you find out!!!!! How exctiting!!

My two start back at school on thursday, it will be my sons first day at school *cry* He had his arm out of plaster today after breaking his elbow.He fell bown the stairs backwards after trying to climb it like spiderman! Apart from a very dried up smally arm under the plaster he is fine now.

Jain xxx
My Blog- http://lucyjain.wordpress.com/

When I have a terrible need of - shall I say the word - religion. Then I go out and paint the stars. Vincent Van Gogh
Jain
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#77  Postby CJ » Aug 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Jain wrote:Fantastic Durro!!!!!! Absolutely brilliant!!! Claire was fab and Matthew was fab too, with his poorly arm Awwwwwww. As for you, well, love the socks thy suit you!!!! i properly LOL'ed espcially when claire did the back flip thing and the head teacher was supposed to follow!!! LOL!

CJ CONGRATULATIONS GRANDAD!!! Let us know if it will be a granddaughter or grandson when you find out!!!!! How exctiting!!

My two start back at school on thursday, it will be my sons first day at school *cry* He had his arm out of plaster today after breaking his elbow.He fell bown the stairs backwards after trying to climb it like spiderman! Apart from a very dried up smally arm under the plaster he is fine now.

Jain xxx

It's a grandson. When the nurse was doing the ultrasound she told Claire she was having a son, Claire asked how the nurse could tell. The nurse pointed to the screen and said 'Penis, testicles.' Not much she could say to that!

So you'll be rattling around the house all on your ownsom, lots of study time now!
What star sign are you? Please tick you star sign in a tiny bit of ongoing research. :)
CJ

Name: Chris(topher)
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#78  Postby Jain » Aug 31, 2010 9:18 pm

A grandson!!! Thats fab! Congrats!!!! Yep the penis and testicles usually give it away!

Nope wont be rattling around th house, I'll be working more :( which is a bloody bugger, so even less time now. Hopefully more money though, so I WILL get that OU astronomy course on the go at some point!!!

When I have a terrible need of - shall I say the word - religion. Then I go out and paint the stars. Vincent Van Gogh
Jain
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#79  Postby Jain » Sep 02, 2010 8:04 pm

I'm very proud of my son today, it was his first day at school. There were no tears (well not from him anyway!) and he really enjoyed it!! :D
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (94.03 KiB) Viewed 1392 times

Jain
RS Donator

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#80  Postby Durro » Sep 02, 2010 9:31 pm

But how did you go Ms Jain ? Keep it al together or become a blubbering mess ?

Your boy is a very handsome young man by the way.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Parenting & Education