Pseudoscientific teachers in my university [+WEEKLY UPDATE]

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Pseudoscientific teachers in my university [+WEEKLY UPDATE]

#21  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 23, 2019 5:58 am

rationalityiscorrect wrote:So, apparently, nothing interesting happened, just my biochemistry professor trying to "prove" that homeopathy works by an argument from authority. There's also the fact that the professors are missing their lectures.

Complain.

It's not going to change anything if the prof's tenured, but it's still going to cause some embarrassment. They're wasting your time and money by talking about their pet fantasies, waste theirs.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby rationalityiscorrect » Oct 24, 2019 2:39 am

Spearthrower wrote:
rationalityiscorrect wrote:So, apparently, nothing interesting happened, just my biochemistry professor trying to "prove" that homeopathy works by an argument from authority. There's also the fact that the professors are missing their lectures.

Complain.

It's not going to change anything if the prof's tenured, but it's still going to cause some embarrassment. They're wasting your time and money by talking about their pet fantasies, waste theirs.

Good idea and they went too far in their BS, he showed to our class a documentary called "Just one drop", it's just plain homeopathic propaganda, there is even space for some quantum woo, and he demanded that we write a review of the movie, i think that he is not going to like our reviews.
rationalityiscorrect

Name: Vicente Luiz M. Cabral

Brazil (br)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 24, 2019 7:54 am

You're studying medicine and the guy wants you to review a fucking movie as part of the course? He's clearly failing the students involved. I would be making a lot of noise about this. You've got nothing to be embarrassed about, whereas he's going to look a complete tool.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#24  Postby Alan B » Oct 26, 2019 4:23 pm

Does he do Social Media? I don't, but it might be interesting for someone to, er, point him in the right direction...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Parenting & Education