School Isolation as Punishment!

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: School Isolation as Punishment!

#81  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 19, 2019 8:19 am

Just look at the best education systems in the world. Total inclusion is the name of the game.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#82  Postby tuco » Apr 19, 2019 8:42 am

I asked about this on page 1. Genuine, legit question, because I have this unsupported feeling that some of the big(ger) nations dont feel the need to look around. No answer.

Instead, I was told, there is no conclusive evidence the UK is the only one. Oh really? Tell me something I dont know.
tuco

Print view this post

#83  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 19, 2019 9:53 am

The UK is in a mess in all departments. Education is no exception.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#84  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 19, 2019 10:50 am

tuco wrote:
Instead, I was told, there is no conclusive evidence the UK is the only one. Oh really? Tell me something I dont know.

I feel you haven't accurately rendered the flow of conversation.

tuco wrote:I find interesting that its UK specialty, no other country has it it seems. Does it not make people wonder that the UK is the only one?

Spearthrower wrote:It's kind of hard to verify that.

tuco wrote:Yeah, I've been Googling since. Seems the US has it too but no other mentions so far.

No one told you there is no conclusive evidence that the UK is the only one - rather, you said that the UK was the only one, I tried to check whether that was the case but ran into a number of problems trying to do so, you then agreed it was hard to verify but had already found that the US also does it.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#85  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm

The state of education in the UK:

One in five teachers using own money for school supplies – report

Staff also buying breakfasts, winter coats and soap for poor pupils, says teaching union

One in five teachers are spending their own money on classroom supplies, while nearly half say they buy food, clothes and even soap for poor pupils, according to a report charting the effects of austerity on schools.

Among the more than 4,300 teachers who responded to the NASUWT education union, 20% said they paid for resources such as paper or books used in their lessons at least once a week, with half of those saying they did so “several times a week”.

The responses show an education system struggling to function without basic supplies, with one teacher stating: “We soon will be unable to teach unless we fund it ourselves.”

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#86  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Yes Scot, I'm sure that monolithic example succinctly illustrates the exact condition of every aspect of education in every school/college/uni in the whole UK. My eternal gratitude :awesome:
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell play people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

It's not the money that's the problem - it's the occupational therapy.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#87  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 19, 2019 12:55 pm

The responses show an education system struggling to function without basic supplies, with one teacher stating: “We soon will be unable to teach unless we fund it ourselves.”

That's just the thing, though: we are funding it ourselves! :doh:

I am not very political in the red/blue sense, but it's clear that the Tories are driving institutions in the UK into the ground. Austerity for everyone except for the wealthy.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#88  Postby tuco » Apr 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Yeah the US is exactly one of those big nations who seem not to look around them, from the death penalty through universal healthcare to guns laws. They do it their own way lol and then they wonder about the problems their society has.
tuco

Print view this post

#89  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 20, 2019 6:29 am

Keep It Real wrote:Yes Scot, I'm sure that monolithic example succinctly illustrates the exact condition of every aspect of education in every school/college/uni in the whole UK. My eternal gratitude :awesome:

If they are state run they will be or are these reports all lies according to you. :whistle:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#90  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 20, 2019 6:34 am

Further problems also related to finance:

One in four teachers 'experience violence from pupils every week'

One in four teachers in the UK say they experience physical violence from their pupils at least once a week, and many say poor behaviour is making them want to leave the profession, according to figures compiled by a teaching union.

The NASUWT union found that 24% of the nearly 5,000 teachers who sent in feedback said they were on the receiving end of physical attacks each week. Many reported that they had been “shoved or barged”, and a significant percentage said they had been hit, punched or kicked.

Nearly nine in 10 teachers said they had received some sort of verbal or physical abuse from pupils in the past year. Eighty-six per cent said they had been sworn at and 46% said they had been verbally threatened.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Parenting & Education