Spanking

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Spanking

#401  Postby natselrox » Apr 22, 2010 6:41 pm

mmmcheezy wrote:Reminds me of how I always used to forget to turn off the light when I left a room. My dad would call me in, and make me turn the light on and off [saying "on" and "off" each time] until he was satisfied. :lol: I never forget now.

Thankfully, I don't have a strict dad! Imagine turning the light on and off until Marquis de Sade is satisfied! :lol:
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#402  Postby natselrox » Apr 23, 2010 4:39 am

What spanking might lead to...

From here.

Headmaster savagely beaten by ex-pupil who harboured a 20-year grudge over caning

A headmaster has been left deaf and scarred for life by a former pupil who harboured a 20-year grudge for being caned as a child.
Kieran Heakin, 58, suffered horrendous facial injuries when he was attacked in an Indian restaurant.
Former pupil Jermaine Bullen, 26, approached him and said: 'Do you remember me? You beat me when I was six years old and I have been waiting all these years to meet up with you.'
Bullen, a labourer, then launched his attack in the restaurant, punching and kicking the headmaster to the ground. He bore a grudge against Mr Heakin for two decades after he was thrashed by the teacher for misbehaving in school.
Yesterday Bullen was jailed for three years after he pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to commit grievous bodily harm. The attack came during a chance encounter after he spotted Mr Heakin waiting for a takeaway curry at the Kabana in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, with two fellow heads.
Mr Heakin, the headmaster of St John's RC Primary, in Burnley, suffered a broken nose, a broken cheekbone and ribs, a fractured eye socket and a broken jaw. His wife Angela, 57, said her husband was 'unrecognisable' and admitted she and their children Rebecca, 36, Damien, 31, and Edward, 22, had been left reeling by the unprovoked attack and the extent of his injuries.
The former mayor of Whitworth, near Rochdale, who has taught for 34 years, spent two weeks in hospital and two months recuperating at home.
He had to have four metal plates put into his skull and is now permanently deaf in one ear and has no sense of smell and taste.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z0ltYGnQMW

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#403  Postby Tyrannical » Apr 23, 2010 4:45 am

natselrox wrote:What spanking might lead to...

From here.

Headmaster savagely beaten by ex-pupil who harboured a 20-year grudge over caning

A headmaster has been left deaf and scarred for life by a former pupil who harboured a 20-year grudge for being caned as a child.
Kieran Heakin, 58, suffered horrendous facial injuries when he was attacked in an Indian restaurant.
Former pupil Jermaine Bullen, 26, approached him and said: 'Do you remember me? You beat me when I was six years old and I have been waiting all these years to meet up with you.'
Bullen, a labourer, then launched his attack in the restaurant, punching and kicking the headmaster to the ground. He bore a grudge against Mr Heakin for two decades after he was thrashed by the teacher for misbehaving in school.
Yesterday Bullen was jailed for three years after he pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to commit grievous bodily harm. The attack came during a chance encounter after he spotted Mr Heakin waiting for a takeaway curry at the Kabana in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, with two fellow heads.
Mr Heakin, the headmaster of St John's RC Primary, in Burnley, suffered a broken nose, a broken cheekbone and ribs, a fractured eye socket and a broken jaw. His wife Angela, 57, said her husband was 'unrecognisable' and admitted she and their children Rebecca, 36, Damien, 31, and Edward, 22, had been left reeling by the unprovoked attack and the extent of his injuries.
The former mayor of Whitworth, near Rochdale, who has taught for 34 years, spent two weeks in hospital and two months recuperating at home.
He had to have four metal plates put into his skull and is now permanently deaf in one ear and has no sense of smell and taste.

Or perhaps he already had mental issues and never should have been out in general society. The fact that this is so rare would seem to imply that.
Good fences make good neighbors
Tyrannical
Banned Troll

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#404  Postby natselrox » Apr 23, 2010 4:49 am

Tyrannical wrote:
natselrox wrote:What spanking might lead to...

From here.

Or perhaps he already had mental issues and never should have been out in general society. The fact that this is so rare would seem to imply that.

Even in that case, this shows the inability of our society to screen people with mental issues. Unless we achieve such screening measures, adults can spank at their own risk.

natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#405  Postby Tyrannical » Apr 23, 2010 4:54 am

Natselrox wrote:Even in that case, this shows the inability of our society to screen people with mental issues. Unless we achieve such screening measures, adults can spank at their own risk.

We used to do that, but for some reason protecting society takes a back seat to protecting the rights of the dangerously mentally ill.
Good fences make good neighbors
Tyrannical
Banned Troll

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#406  Postby natselrox » Apr 23, 2010 4:59 am

Tyrannical wrote:
Natselrox wrote:Even in that case, this shows the inability of our society to screen people with mental issues. Unless we achieve such screening measures, adults can spank at their own risk.

We used to do that, but for some reason protecting society takes a back seat to protecting the rights of the dangerously mentally ill.

Hardly. We never managed to put a collar around Galton's neck and we still can't put those BNP supporters in an asylum.

natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#407  Postby Seth » Apr 23, 2010 5:28 am

natselrox wrote:
mmmcheezy wrote:Reminds me of how I always used to forget to turn off the light when I left a room. My dad would call me in, and make me turn the light on and off [saying "on" and "off" each time] until he was satisfied. :lol: I never forget now.

Thankfully, I don't have a strict dad! Imagine turning the light on and off until Marquis de Sade is satisfied! :lol:

Reminds me of this:

A masochist and a sadist meet in a pub. The masochist says to the sadist, "You know, I take intense pleasure from being painfully whipped." The sadist replies "What a coincidence, I take great pleasure in the distress of others." They leave the pub and go to the sadist's house, where the masochist, chained, naked and quivering in anticipation gasps, "Are..are you going to whip me now?"

[Reveal] Spoiler: "click here for the punchline"
"No," drawls the sadist, with an evil grin...
Image Visit The Broadside © 2011 Altnews
Seth
Banned Troll

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#408  Postby natselrox » Apr 23, 2010 5:29 am

Seth wrote:
natselrox wrote:

Reminds me of this:

A masochist and a sadist meet in a pub. The masochist says to the sadist, "You know, I take intense pleasure from being painfully whipped." The sadist replies "What a coincidence, I take great pleasure in the distress of others." They leave the pub and go to the sadist's house, where the masochist, chained, naked and quivering in anticipation gasps, "Are..are you going to whip me now?"

[Reveal] Spoiler: "click here for the punchline"
"No," drawls the sadist, with an evil grin...

:rofl:

natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#409  Postby cherries » Apr 24, 2010 7:44 am

another commonly adopted measure to discipline children and it's possible consequences..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQhLZ5bMyQ[/youtube]
"Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.
This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men."
-Terry Pratchett / Neil Gaiman

A theists for Conservation
cherries

Female

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#410  Postby generalsemanticist » Apr 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Tyrannical wrote:

I don't think there is any doubt he had "mental issues", the question is did the beating he received when he was a child have anything to do with that?
Always and Never are 2 words you always remember never to use.
generalsemanticist

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Parenting & Education