Those militant gay educators - say Ontario christians

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Those militant gay educators - say Ontario christians

#1  Postby Simon_Gardner » Apr 23, 2010 10:57 am

Image (Since 27 Nov 1987)
Dates - YYYY/MM/DD; measure metric scientific.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts - attrib Patrick Moynihan
Simon_Gardner

Name: Twitter @Simon_Gardner

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Those militant gay educators - say Ontario christians

#2  Postby Harmless Eccentric » Apr 23, 2010 11:16 am

If, as a teacher, my lessons are so powerful they can turn straight kids gay... why aren't they powerful enough to drum good subject/verb agreement into their heads?
Harmless Eccentric

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby keypad5 » Apr 23, 2010 11:45 am

Mr. McVety, president of Canada Christian College in Toronto wrote:“This is part of a militant homosexual agenda to normalize homosexuality in everyone’s mind and thereby promote homosexuality. If we teach our children these things ... guess what? That’s what they’ll practice.”

[rant]
Oh FFS. I went through school and all I got was heterosexual sex education (because my teachers could get fired for even mentioning homosexuality in school). And guess what? I never had any urge to have heterosexual sex. I mean, seriously, how does several years of heterosexual sex education produce homosexuals if this "if you teach it, that's what they'll practise" rubbish is true?

Mr McVety should consider the implications of his "if you teach it, they'll practise it" nonsense in relation to other subjects, like history... better not teach those kids about Fascism because, you know, once you teach it, they'll want to practise it. :crazy:

As for normalising homosexuality... well, it is normal. And if the consequences of such an education is that there are fewer bigots in our future generations, then I'm all for it. It bugs me that this cry against "normalising homosexuality" is really just a way of saying they don't want their self-perceive right, to discriminate against homosexuals, to be challenged. Fucking maroons. :nono:

[/rant]
keypad5

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Festeringbob » Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Harmless Eccentric wrote:If, as a teacher, my lessons are so powerful they can turn straight kids gay... why aren't they powerful enough to drum good subject/verb agreement into their heads?

because your pure evil
Liberty Prime is online. All systems nominal. Weapons hot. Mission: the destruction of any and all Chinese communists.
Festeringbob

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5  Postby rEvolutionist » Apr 23, 2010 1:39 pm

Festeringbob wrote:
Harmless Eccentric wrote:If, as a teacher, my lessons are so powerful they can turn straight kids gay... why aren't they powerful enough to drum good subject/verb agreement into their heads?

because your pure evil

Oops.... someone didn't listen well enough in school.... :P
rEvolutionist
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#6  Postby crank » Apr 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Fucking bastards, it's perfectly OK to spread their vile, hateful, bigoted religious garbage, but god forbid, try to say that gays are normal people and civilization itself is at risk.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Festeringbob » Apr 23, 2010 1:54 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
Festeringbob wrote:

because your pure evil

of course i didnt, im dyslexic :mrgreen: i can only read and write because of an intensive private speech therapy course
Liberty Prime is online. All systems nominal. Weapons hot. Mission: the destruction of any and all Chinese communists.
Festeringbob

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby rEvolutionist » Apr 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Festeringbob wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:
Festeringbob wrote:

because your pure evil

of course i didnt, im dyslexic :mrgreen: i can only read and write because of an intensive private speech therapy course

For real? Oops.... :oops:
rEvolutionist
Banned User

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby verbal pocketplay » Apr 23, 2010 2:08 pm

The new plan, which would have come into effect in September, would have introduced discussions about ...masturbation in Grade 6 and the dangers of oral, vaginal and anal sex in Grade 7

that's got to be a little awkward for the teacher.

"This is part of a militant homosexual agenda to normalize homosexuality in everyone’s mind and thereby promote homosexuality. If we teach our children these things ... guess what? That’s what they’ll practice.”

:lol:

yeah, let's "normalize" sexual repression instead

Mr. McGuinty said that Catholic schools in Ontario would have had to follow the new curriculum as written. However, the Ontario Association of Catholic Bishops stated that Catholic schools have the constitutional right to rewrite any policy that goes against Catholic teaching ...The Catholic Catechism does teach that homosexual behaviour is “objectively disordered”

:picard: right, because religion should always trump biology. why the fuck does ontario even have a catholic public school system anymore. tax dollars are completely funding this hateful garbage w.t.f. :rage:
verbal pocketplay

Print view this post

#10  Postby lordshipmayhem » Apr 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Festeringbob wrote:

because your pure evil

Because his pure evil what?
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#11  Postby chairman bill » Apr 23, 2010 2:55 pm

Homophobic bigots express homophobic bigotry, and some of you are surprised?
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Festeringbob » Apr 23, 2010 3:23 pm

lordshipmayhem wrote:
Festeringbob wrote:

because your pure evil

Because his pure evil what?

obviously teachers are powerless to effect change unless its for evil, such that although they cant make bad students good students they can make good chased heterosexual students into bad promiscuous sodomite students

(do i get extra points for using the bigots favourite word for gays?)
Festeringbob

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Festeringbob » Apr 23, 2010 3:25 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:
For real? Oops.... :oops:

yes for real, dont worry, im a spiteful bastard that corrects other peoples grammar all the time (since i had to do the extra work to learn it) i deserve a taste of my own medicine :tongue:
Festeringbob

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#14  Postby chairman bill » Apr 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Festeringbob wrote:...(do i get extra points for using the bigots favourite word for gays?)

Yes, but you lose them again for writing 'chased' where you obviously meant 'chaste'. Remember, only when evil teachers have made them into atheist commie homosexualists will they utter the immortal cry, "Chase me!"
“There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.” Terry Pratchett
chairman bill
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Shrunk » Apr 23, 2010 3:43 pm

And, guess what?

McGuinty backs down on sex ed changes
April 22, 2010

Rob Ferguson and Robert Benzie

Kris Rushowy

QUEEN’S PARK BUREAU

Premier Dalton McGuinty is scrapping Ontario’s controversial new sex education curriculum just two days after some religious leaders and parents objected to children being taught about masturbation and homosexuality.

While McGuinty denied Thursday he was bowing to pressure from the faith community with the climb-down, he conceded “it’s become pretty obvious to us that we should give this a serious re-think.”

In future, parents will have more input into any changes to the 12-year-old sex education guidelines, he said.

Evangelist Charles McVety, who led the charge against the revisions, told the Star “we’re very happy and we thank God that the premier came to his senses and withdrew this.”

http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/educ ... ed-changes

For those who think this kind of shit only happens in America....
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Festeringbob » Apr 23, 2010 4:06 pm

chairman bill wrote:
Festeringbob wrote:...(do i get extra points for using the bigots favourite word for gays?)

Yes, but you lose them again for writing 'chased' where you obviously meant 'chaste'. Remember, only when evil teachers have made them into atheist commie homosexualists will they utter the immortal cry, "Chase me!"

damn it!
Festeringbob

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#17  Postby MoonLit » Apr 23, 2010 4:14 pm

chairman bill wrote:Homophobic bigots express homophobic bigotry, and some of you are surprised?

I'm not. :| I pretty much expect it now.
Image Image Image Image
Click the eggs please!
MoonLit
RS Donator

Name: Andi
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Goldenmane » Apr 23, 2010 4:21 pm

“This is part of a militant homosexual agenda to normalize homosexuality in everyone’s mind and thereby promote homosexuality. If we teach our children these things ... guess what? That’s what they’ll practice.”

Really? Really?

Firstly, this shit uses the word "normalize", where most people would take it to mean "create the understanding that homosexuality is just one natural and non-harmful expression of sexuality" and plays upon the alternate definition meaning "impose upon society the notion that everybody's gay". It also takes the angle that this is a perverse and evil thing, because gays are foul wicked creatures (probably in league with Satan).

Secondly, it presupposes that being exposed to the notion of homosexuality is both necessary and sufficient for everybody to become rampant poofters.

This bullshit is entirely retarded, on all levels. People are variously sexually-oriented, there's no reason whatsoever to think that exploring one's sexual identity is inherently a bad thing (even if you have a cock, and play around with the idea of playing around with someone else's cock) and I find it completely fucking ridiculous, as a bloke who doesn't like the cock, that I live in a world where such bigoted moronic shite can be spouted in public without the least trace of embarrassment.

Sexual repression is, generally speaking, not good. As long as mutual consent is involved, what the fuck business is it of anyone but the participants? What is needed is the ability to make an informed decision. Even if, as one commentator recently said, those same-sex-attracted make up only 2% of the population (a figure I'm highly dubious about), that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be told about it. Indeed, it makes it more important that people are informed so they don't wig out and act like fuckheads the first time they come into contact with someone like that.

So, yes, let's normalize this shit, in the best sense. The sense that is opposite to "demonize".
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#19  Postby HughMcB » Apr 23, 2010 4:41 pm

keypad5 wrote:[rant]
Oh FFS. I went through school and all I got was heterosexual sex education (because my teachers could get fired for even mentioning homosexuality in school). And guess what? I never had any urge to have heterosexual sex. I mean, seriously, how does several years of heterosexual sex education produce homosexuals if this "if you teach it, that's what they'll practise" rubbish is true?

Great points, I'm keeping this in my goody bag of arguments for bigoted twats. :thumbup:

keypad5 wrote:Mr McVety should consider the implications of his "if you teach it, they'll practise it" nonsense in relation to other subjects, like history... better not teach those kids about Fascism because, you know, once you teach it, they'll want to practise it. :crazy:

I thought this too, I mean does teaching them about the Conquistadors mean that children will run rampant spreading small pox and slaughtering the natives?

keypad5 wrote:As for normalising homosexuality... well, it is normal. And if the consequences of such an education is that there are fewer bigots in our future generations, then I'm all for it. It bugs me that this cry against "normalising homosexuality" is really just a way of saying they don't want their self-perceive right, to discriminate against homosexuals, to be challenged. Fucking maroons. :nono:

[/rant]

Nice rant. ;)
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#20  Postby HughMcB » Apr 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Shrunk wrote:And, guess what?

McGuinty backs down on sex ed changes

http://www.parentcentral.ca/parent/educ ... ed-changes

For those who think this kind of shit only happens in America....

Well thats it then, I'm writing a letter when I get home about this BS. I've sent a couple of letters to Toronto newspapers though on religious issues though and the twats never publish them. Anywho, I'll give it a whirl.
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Parenting & Education