Thousands protest in support of breastfeeding 'tramp'

Discussions for education, teaching & parenting.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Thousands protest in support of breastfeeding 'tramp'

#1  Postby DougC » Mar 16, 2014 4:03 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-26592340
B.B.C. Article
Thousands of people have attended breastfeeding protests in support of a Staffordshire mother who was labelled a "tramp" for feeding her baby in public.
Emily Slough, 27, was secretly photographed in Rugeley on 7 March and found it posted anonymously online.
A demonstration, organised by Ms Slough to campaign for breastfeeding in public, took place in Rugeley town centre.
Several similar events were also being held across the country.
Ms Slough said between 600 and 1,000 people turned up in Rugeley, and women breastfed their babies on steps opposite The Shrew pub.
"I'm really pleased, the support has been great," she said.
"It's no longer about the individual who did it [posted the photo on Facebook], it's about making mums feel comfortable and not ashamed of doing it."

(Continues)
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Thousands protest in support of breastfeeding 'tramp'

#2  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 16, 2014 4:42 am

DougC wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-26592340
B.B.C. Article
Thousands of people have attended breastfeeding protests in support of a Staffordshire mother who was labelled a "tramp" for feeding her baby in public.
Emily Slough, 27, was secretly photographed in Rugeley on 7 March and found it posted anonymously online.
A demonstration, organised by Ms Slough to campaign for breastfeeding in public, took place in Rugeley town centre.
Several similar events were also being held across the country.
Ms Slough said between 600 and 1,000 people turned up in Rugeley, and women breastfed their babies on steps opposite The Shrew pub.
"I'm really pleased, the support has been great," she said.
"It's no longer about the individual who did it [posted the photo on Facebook], it's about making mums feel comfortable and not ashamed of doing it."

(Continues)

"Secretly photographed". Some religious nut, too guilty to admit he/she misses the titty, is butthurt and reports this vast crime to try to stimulate public outrage. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#3  Postby surreptitious57 » Mar 16, 2014 4:43 am

We really can not have this sort thing in this country now
It is an outrarage to public decency and should be banned
The home is where that should be done and nowhere else
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#4  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 16, 2014 4:50 am

surreptitious57 wrote:We really can not have this sort thing in this country now

Babies need in-flight refuelling dude. Fact of life. :thumbup:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
"When an animal carries a “branch” around as a defensive weapon, that branch is under natural selection".
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#5  Postby Onyx8 » Mar 16, 2014 5:58 am

[slippery slope fallacy] It's going to lead to people having sex with chinchillas in my living room in front of my children, and perhaps with my pets. [/slippery slope fallacy]
The problem with fantasies is you can't really insist that everyone else believes in yours, the other problem with fantasies is that most believers of fantasies eventually get around to doing exactly that.
Onyx8

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby hackenslash » Mar 16, 2014 6:51 am

surreptitious57 wrote:We really can not have this sort thing in this country now

This is a joke, right?

Right?!
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#7  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Mar 16, 2014 7:03 am

Yeah please tell me that was a really bad joke?

Breasts are not on outrage against any decency, they are lumps of flesh that babies get sustenance from. If people can't stop thinking about them as sexual objects or something to be ashamed of that is their own problem and they can stop looking.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby hackenslash » Mar 16, 2014 7:05 am

Now hang on. I wouldn't go that far! :lol:
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#9  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Mar 16, 2014 7:32 am

I don't find a breast feeding a baby as anything sexually attractive. In a different context the same breast would be.

Others might disagree and if they aren't kicking up a fuss about decency and morality I don't care what they look at.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#10  Postby hackenslash » Mar 16, 2014 7:33 am

I just like bewbs. Context schmontext. :mrgreen:
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#11  Postby mattthomas » Mar 16, 2014 7:38 am

This is my home town, here's what happened.

There is a facebook group called rugeley spotted where anyone can message the admin and ask for something to be posted anonymously. More often than not it's someone outing someone else's affair or saying how they'd like to sleep with someone they've seen around town. This particular idiot though saw the woman breast feeding on the step of a restaurant and took a photo, put it into paint and added the word "tramp" in big letters. It got posted anonymously but it drew a shitstorm as the mothers on the page and some sensible men lambasted the guy who took the photo for being an immature cockwrinkle.
mattthomas

Print view this post

#12  Postby I'm With Stupid » Mar 16, 2014 7:42 am

Yeah some people really do feel like this. It's worth pointing out that for "outraging public decency" to be used, you have to show that a person stripped off with the intention of causing alarm or distress to members of the public. Being naked in public itself isn't a crime, and obviously getting a breast out to feed a baby is not even vaguely in the same area.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Ironclad » Mar 16, 2014 7:53 am

mattthomas wrote:This is my home town, here's what happened.

There is a facebook group called rugeley spotted where anyone can message the admin and ask for something to be posted anonymously. More often than not it's someone outing someone else's affair or saying how they'd like to sleep with someone they've seen around town. This particular idiot though saw the woman breast feeding on the step of a restaurant and took a photo, put it into paint and added the word "tramp" in big letters. It got posted anonymously but it drew a shitstorm as the mothers on the page and some sensible men lambasted the guy who took the photo for being an immature cockwrinkle.

He should be outed, and then publically spanked by his own firm-breasted mommy. :shifty:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#14  Postby hackenslash » Mar 16, 2014 7:54 am

:lol:
hackenslash

Male

Print view this post

#15  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 16, 2014 9:24 am

There were any number of places in S.America, Africa, Polynesia etc [at least until religious missionaries {Xian, Muslim,etc}] where women go without breast coverings. As this bigot does not even allow for the feeding of babies as a lawful excuse to bear a breast, then these folks who do it for "no reason" must be very trampy indeed. So what we have here is a xenophobic, racist, sexist asshole who wants to dictate how people should live based on his masterbatory fantasy about an imaginary sky-daddy. [Plus of course, his repressed desire to suck the tit himself!] :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Scarlett » Mar 16, 2014 9:37 am

As you know, it's my husband's home town too, he was mortified seeng this on the news :lol:

They fed that troll with steak and chips followed by a nice dessert.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Darwinsbulldog » Mar 16, 2014 9:56 am

Scarlett wrote:

As you know, it's my husband's home town too, he was mortified seeng this on the news :lol:

Nothing wobbly or milky I trust??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jayjay4547 wrote:
Darwinsbulldog

Print view this post

#18  Postby Scarlett » Mar 16, 2014 10:19 am

Darwinsbulldog wrote:
Scarlett wrote:

Nothing wobbly or milky I trust??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Troll blancmange anyone?
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Ironclad » Mar 16, 2014 10:41 am

Splurp! :hungry:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Scarlett » Mar 16, 2014 10:46 am

Last edited by Scarlett on Mar 16, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Parenting & Education