New Attenborough series

The accumulation of small heritable changes within populations over time.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

New Attenborough series

#1  Postby Macdoc » Oct 20, 2019 1:57 pm

:thumbup:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: New Attenborough series

#2  Postby minininja » Oct 20, 2019 3:35 pm

I struggle to watch these nowadays. It's just so much of, "that's going to be extinct soon". :sigh:
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]
minininja

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Macdoc » Oct 20, 2019 5:49 pm

I have more confidence. We will lose some many many but let's face mega fauna was on the way out regardless and there are few bounce back like the North American bison. I like the rewilding that is going on and some like racoons are shifting continents.

Ocean over fishing is a real threat ....coral reefs are showing more resilience than first thought.

We've cancelled the next ice age due so who knows ...might actually end up with more surviving :whistle: :think:

Still the quality of the photography and some of the techniques are astonishing ...better to enjoy what we do have than regret what we might lose.
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby I'm With Stupid » Oct 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Cue all of the pricks online moaning that they dare mention climate change as a fact on the BBC.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this. The chimpanzee and painted wolf episodes of Dynasties were two of the best wildlife documentaries I've ever seen. I hope this series is just as good.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Return to Evolution & Natural Selection