Archer

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Archer

#121  Postby Mazille » Jan 25, 2014 12:11 am

So, Rick and Morty. Yeah, funny, but I really dislike the art style and the burpy way the old dude is talking. Seems kind of unnecessary. It doesn't work as a joke for longer than five seconds and just gets tedious after that. Then again, most of the other jokes do work and I appreciate the weird nature of the whole thing, so I'll give it a while.

Chozen. Meh. It could be fun, but it's mostly just trying to milk comedy out of the facts that the protagonist is gay and really just a bit of a wanker. That was the first two episodes, though. Might get better, although I doubt it. Every time they deliberately set up an opportunity for him to get more interesting and funnier, they just kinda held it up for a second for us to look at it and then went back to him being a wanker.

As a common theme, I add, both series seem very fond of rape jokes. Might not want to watch either, if you're uncomfortable with that.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby Wuffy » Feb 20, 2014 5:12 pm

A bit of a wanker. I can't fucking stand chozen. Bleh. Just super duper waste of fucking time.

Musics not for me. Heck in the first episode it complains about hip hop rapping having been pussyfied. Despite the fact gangsta rap I at an all fucking time popular and full of that same braggy swagger bullshit. Premise was interesting but the lead is too much of a complete pillock.
Wuffy

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Matt8819 » Jan 09, 2015 8:22 pm

So Archer is back, and H. Jon Benjamin live tweeted it. It was fucking amazing.
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/01/h-jon-benj ... -archer/2/
Matt8819
RS Donator

Name: Matt
Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Animavore » Jan 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Brill! ^^
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#125  Postby ED209 » Jan 09, 2015 9:45 pm

Heh, in the first scene you see them taking down the ISIS sign in the background.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Film & TV