Avengers Infinity War

SPOILER ALERT !!!

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#161  Postby Mike_L » Feb 05, 2019 6:50 am

Since Disney also owns Lucasfilm, will they also pull all of the Star Wars stuff off Netflix? :ask:

Not a huge loss, mind you. The original trilogy, and maybe Rogue One, are the only ones worth watching.
Then again, I suppose every upcoming project (such as 'The Mandalorian' TV series) will also be confined to the Disney platform.
See:
The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
User avatar
Mike_L
 
Posts: 14364
Male

Country: South Africa
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Avengers Infinity War

#162  Postby aban57 » Feb 05, 2019 10:20 am

Mike_L wrote:Since Disney also owns Lucasfilm, will they also pull all of the Star Wars stuff off Netflix? :ask:



This, and also all the Fox catalog they bought last year.
aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#163  Postby Ironclad » Feb 05, 2019 4:41 pm

scott1328 wrote:Ant man vs Wasp just came out on Netflix on Friday
Not in the UK yet
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 23925
Age: 52
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#164  Postby aban57 » Apr 02, 2019 1:50 pm

aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#165  Postby aban57 » Apr 02, 2019 1:51 pm

I'm so hyped.
aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#166  Postby Mike_L » Apr 24, 2019 7:01 pm

AVENGERS: ENDGAME FIRST REVIEWS: BEST MARVEL MOVIE EVER, SAY SOME

THE FIRST REVIEWS OF MARVEL'S SUPERHERO EXTRAVAGANZA SAY IT FULFILLS A DECADE'S WORTH OF PROMISES WITH WIT, HEART, AND ACTION LIKE WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

By Christopher Campbell | April 23, 2019

The initial reactions to Avengers: Endgame following the first screenings were extremely positive. But now critics have had time to process what they saw, and well, they’re still mostly raving about the 22nd entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — it’s currently Certified Fresh at 97%. Of course, there are some quibbles here and there, mainly about the length. Also, the long-form responses to the Avengers: Infinity War follow-up have some extra thoughts to share regarding Endgame’s best moments, as well as the movie’s MVP. Basically, just icing on the cake to get you even more hyped for this thing.

Here’s what the critics are saying about Avengers: Endgame:
...

Continued at:
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/avengers-endgame-first-reviews-best-marvel-movie-ever-say-some/
User avatar
Mike_L
 
Posts: 14364
Male

Country: South Africa
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#167  Postby Mike_L » Apr 24, 2019 7:12 pm

User avatar
Mike_L
 
Posts: 14364
Male

Country: South Africa
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Avengers Infinity War

#168  Postby aban57 » Apr 24, 2019 7:42 pm

Mike_L wrote:
AVENGERS: ENDGAME FIRST REVIEWS: BEST MARVEL MOVIE EVER, SAY SOME

THE FIRST REVIEWS OF MARVEL'S SUPERHERO EXTRAVAGANZA SAY IT FULFILLS A DECADE'S WORTH OF PROMISES WITH WIT, HEART, AND ACTION LIKE WE'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

By Christopher Campbell | April 23, 2019

The initial reactions to Avengers: Endgame following the first screenings were extremely positive. But now critics have had time to process what they saw, and well, they’re still mostly raving about the 22nd entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe — it’s currently Certified Fresh at 97%. Of course, there are some quibbles here and there, mainly about the length. Also, the long-form responses to the Avengers: Infinity War follow-up have some extra thoughts to share regarding Endgame’s best moments, as well as the movie’s MVP. Basically, just icing on the cake to get you even more hyped for this thing.

Here’s what the critics are saying about Avengers: Endgame:
...

Continued at:
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/avengers-endgame-first-reviews-best-marvel-movie-ever-say-some/


After seeing Endgame, I can tell that, to me, the first Avengers remains the best Marvel movie so far. Not that this one was bad, far from it. It's everything it promised to be : a beautiful ending to this era. You will laugh and cry.
But I found a couple glitches. First, the story is not very original. It builds up slowly, and ends up in a major fight rather short. A few scenes felt a bit forced, like the "girls power" one.
Also, who the hell is that boy at the end ?
aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#169  Postby felltoearth » Apr 24, 2019 7:43 pm

3 hours!
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 14076
Age: 53

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#170  Postby aban57 » Apr 24, 2019 7:47 pm

felltoearth wrote:3 hours!


Yep.
aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#171  Postby Animavore » Apr 24, 2019 8:08 pm

Seeing it tomorrow at 13:30.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44752
Age: 42
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#172  Postby aban57 » Apr 24, 2019 8:12 pm

Animavore wrote:Seeing it tomorrow at 13:30.


Don't wait for post-credit scenes, there are none.
aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#173  Postby Animavore » Apr 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Nice.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44752
Age: 42
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#174  Postby Animavore » Apr 24, 2019 8:29 pm

aban57 wrote:
Animavore wrote:Seeing it tomorrow at 13:30.


Don't wait for post-credit scenes, there are none.


According to this article there is something at the end after the credits, but I daren't read further.

https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/04/2 ... dits-scene
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44752
Age: 42
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#175  Postby tuco » Apr 24, 2019 9:03 pm

3 hours runs the movie?

edit: our you gonna see it in 3h?

I guess runs. ok
tuco
 
Posts: 15550

Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Avengers Infinity War

#176  Postby Mike_L » Apr 25, 2019 7:03 am

Animavore wrote:
aban57 wrote:
Animavore wrote:Seeing it tomorrow at 13:30.


Don't wait for post-credit scenes, there are none.


According to this article there is something at the end after the credits, but I daren't read further.

https://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/04/2 ... dits-scene


I had a look.
You can safely read it, if you wish.
Out of an abundance of caution, they say...

Please be advised we are talking Avengers: Endgame, a movie where for many people literally knowing even one iota of information about the film is a ruinous spoiler!


...but really there's nothing in it that constitutes a "spoiler". :thumbup:
User avatar
Mike_L
 
Posts: 14364
Male

Country: South Africa
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#177  Postby aufbahrung » Apr 25, 2019 7:51 am

Son likes Marvel movies. But, sorry, it's a load of croc. Cardboard cutout characters go to war in a battle of black/white dimensions. Waste three hours on stereotype computer generated psuedo-eye-candy? Think I'll wait for the DVD and watch half whilst interpolating the remainder. Or might read the spoilers and watch the trailer. Seen it in three minutes. Life extension technique. Watch the trailer and read the spoilers....
ship struck the rocks yesterday, and the worst is yet to be....
User avatar
aufbahrung
 
Name: Your Real Name
Posts: 1415

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#178  Postby tuco » Apr 25, 2019 8:09 am

It's SUPERHERO EXTRAVAGANZA indeed. I am slightly amused by worries about spoilers in SUPERHERO EXTRAVAGANZA but .. it's gonna be long download for me.
Last edited by tuco on Apr 25, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tuco
 
Posts: 15550

Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#179  Postby aban57 » Apr 25, 2019 8:15 am

By the way, I don't like Captain Marvel's new haircut.
aban57
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Cindy
Posts: 7442
Age: 41
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Avengers Infinity War

#180  Postby tuco » Apr 25, 2019 8:24 am

Captain Marvel is the guy the shield?
tuco
 
Posts: 15550

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests