Cosmos series 2 streaming?!!

Where the f**k is it?

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Cosmos series 2 streaming?!!

#1  Postby Alan C » Mar 14, 2020 10:08 pm

I've been trying to find this new season of Cosmos online without much success so far. I'm using an Apple TV with Disney+, I assumed I'd be able to see it through Nat Geo but it seems it's only available here through their channel on Sky TV. I don't have Sky nor do I intend to, my Mum does and initially I'll likely figure out how to get it off her DVR onto a flash drive. I'd a bit pissed off though how hard this is to find. And why the fuck do they limit their TV app to the US?
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Cosmos series 2 streaming?!!

#2  Postby felltoearth » Mar 14, 2020 10:29 pm

It’s a Fox show I think so that may answer your question as to why it’s only on Sky
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3  Postby NineBerry » Mar 14, 2020 10:32 pm

It will differ from country to country. I usually have to wait some time and then have to buy it on Amazon Video with these niche programs
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#4  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Mar 14, 2020 11:24 pm

Carl would not be pleased. I sure ain’t.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Alan C » Mar 15, 2020 6:12 am

I just tried to get it off her DVR onto a DVD [it doesn't do USB] and the bastard recordings are copy-protected. Fuck fuckity fuck.
:pissed:
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby mattthomas » Mar 15, 2020 7:24 am

felltoearth wrote:It’s a Fox show I think so that may answer your question as to why it’s only on Sky

Cosmos done by fox? Does it just say god did it and leave it at that?
mattthomas

Print view this post

#7  Postby Scott Mayers » Mar 17, 2020 12:29 am

This series is not officially released yet for On Demand yet. They lock in protection for the first week or so before permitting it to be released because Fox wants you to watch the commercials if sincerely wanting to see the premier. Then it goes to the 'On Demand' owners, like Crave, Netflix, etc for a duration period where they have paid the copyright for a term.

The only started last week (and I missed this somehow!!) Be patient.
Scott Mayers

Name: Scott Mayers

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Scott Mayers » Mar 17, 2020 12:35 am

I just noticed that "National Geographic" is the next copyright holder. This means that beside the expectation of one to see the episodes by Fox when premiered, the copyright transfers to the National Geographic channel which requires you GET this channel if you don't have it. When and if National Geographic passes the 'copyright token' back to Fox, the show will THEN be available on Demand services.
Scott Mayers

Name: Scott Mayers

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Return to Film & TV