So it's a blue movie, then?
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: most daring scenes in film

#62  Postby Animavore » Jan 17, 2015 2:05 am

I've just watched the film Birdman. That's all I'm going to say for now. It's too early to really talk about it. I would write the specific scene I'm thinking of in a spoiler, but I don't want anyone spoiling it on themselves. I'll wait until more people are talking about it and come back here and see if anyone else picks up on the same scene.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Mike_L » Jan 17, 2015 1:08 pm

The buttered-up sodomy scene in Last Tango in Paris...

(NSFW)
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#64  Postby Shrunk » Jan 17, 2015 4:30 pm

An equally daring scene, in a completely different sense, from the same movie: Brando's monologue to his wife's corpse. IIRC, this scene was completely improvised.

"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Shrunk » Feb 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Just giving the thread a bump, because I was enjoying it so much. Here's one I think I've posted before, from Joon-Ho Bong's The Host: The monster's first appearance. What makes it "daring": If you knew nothing about the movie before seeing it, up to this point you would have no idea you were watching a monster movie. Other than a couple ominous and cryptic scenes before the opening credits, so far you'd probably think you were watching a comedy/drama about a dysfunctional family (and, arguably, that exactly what the movie remains throughout). But then suddenly this creature is just there (in plain view and in broad daylight, against the usual conventions of the genre) and the entire reality of the movie is upended:

The movie takes some even more daring twists as it goes on, but to say more would be to spoil it.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Film & TV