People can't think anymore because movies

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#41  Postby BlackBart » Jan 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Firestarter wrote:
tuco wrote:People get home from work and they do not wanna do more work - spend energy over time -, they wanna watch a movie ~ or something.
When we come home, most of us turn on the telescreen as an automative action.

That might be what you do,


Well, not since he rationally threw it out the window onto his front lawn. :coffee:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12076
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#42  Postby PensivePenny » Jan 01, 2017 3:53 pm

crank wrote:
PensivePenny wrote:Me to! :lol:

I only git cartoon netwerk.

I take it you mean C-SPAN?


:rofl:

Tucker Carlson came to mind! LOL... I know he's been off C-SPAN for quite a while now, but...

Second thing to come to mind was the call in show (WSJ Report?)... where all the callers apparently watch way too much telly.

:thumbup:
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1693
Age: 57
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#43  Postby Animavore » Jan 01, 2017 4:17 pm

Sometimes you read an OP that's so removed from correct that it's not even wrong. And once in a while you come across an OP, much like this one, that's not even even.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44052
Age: 41
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#44  Postby tuco » Jan 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Mike_L wrote:

:grin:


Have you see the movie? Are they good guys or bad guys? It looks like Epoch (2001) where they were bad guys.

tuco
 
Posts: 15516

Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#45  Postby PensivePenny » Jan 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Animavore wrote:Sometimes you read an OP that's so removed from correct that it's not even wrong. And once in a while you come across an OP, much like this one, that's not even even.


That's odd. :naughty2:
Evolution saddens me. In an environment where irrational thinking is protected, the disparity in the population rate of creationists vs that of rational thinkers, equates to a creationist win. Let's remove warning labels from products as an equalizer.
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1693
Age: 57
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#46  Postby crank » Jan 01, 2017 8:09 pm

PensivePenny wrote:
crank wrote:
PensivePenny wrote:Me to! :lol:

I only git cartoon netwerk.

I take it you mean C-SPAN?


:rofl:

Tucker Carlson came to mind! LOL... I know he's been off C-SPAN for quite a while now, but...

Second thing to come to mind was the call in show (WSJ Report?)... where all the callers apparently watch way too much telly.

:thumbup:

Unfortunately, I meant the unedited, live broadcasts of the various congressional hearings and debates. And was thinking it's going to get much much worse with a Trump presidency with most of the GOP supporting most of his crap like the good little soldiers they tend to be. It's already way beyond anything even the wonderfully twisted mind of Tex Avery could ever come up with.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
User avatar
crank
RS Donator
 
Name: Sick & Tired
Posts: 10413
Age: 5
Male

Country: 2nd miasma on the left
Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#47  Postby WayOfTheDodo » Jan 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Firestarter wrote:I know that most of my threads are too long.

Yeah, and the reason is you don't need to put any effort into it since you are just copying and pasting the craziest bullshit from other sites. Fucking spam.
User avatar
WayOfTheDodo
 
Name: Raphus Cucullatus
Posts: 2096

Mauritius (mu)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#48  Postby archibald » Jan 03, 2017 2:25 pm

Firestarter wrote:Just look at the famous Walt Disney logo; it is written in a peculiar way: with a hidden 666666 in it. The first 3 sixes are highlighted in red. The 4th is the “W” starting from right to left in reverse; the 5th is the top “horizontal” part of the “t”; the 6th is in the “D” in reverse.
Image


There's another one. The bottom part of the 'S' (backwards, lying seductively on it's side, as if saying, 'do me big boy')

That's 7 6's. 7x6=42. :o
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)

Firestarter wrote:Maybe “six” is another reference to “sex”.


Hm. Maybe that possibility arises from somewhere other than the logo. :ask:
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald
 
Posts: 10294
Male

Country: Northern Ireland
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#49  Postby BlackBart » Jan 03, 2017 2:58 pm

.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12076
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#50  Postby Fallible » Jan 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Indeed.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51401
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#51  Postby BlackBart » Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm

No arguing with that is there?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12076
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#52  Postby archibald » Jan 03, 2017 4:29 pm

I thought it was spot on.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald
 
Posts: 10294
Male

Country: Northern Ireland
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#53  Postby Firestarter » Jan 03, 2017 5:56 pm

WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I know that most of my threads are too long.

Yeah, and the reason is you don't need to put any effort into it since you are just copying and pasting the craziest bullshit from other sites. Fucking spam.
I have reused some of the threads I started on other forums. Stop with all of these insults, just keep away from the threads I start, if you don't like 'em.
User avatar
Firestarter
Banned Spammer
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 40

Country: Netherlands
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#54  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Firestarter wrote:
WayOfTheDodo wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I know that most of my threads are too long.

Yeah, and the reason is you don't need to put any effort into it since you are just copying and pasting the craziest bullshit from other sites. Fucking spam.
I have reused some of the threads I started on other forums. Stop with all of these insults, just keep away from the threads I start, if you don't like 'em.

He's not insulting you, he's calling your assertions out for the crap they are.
You =/= your claims. Attacking your claims =/= attacking or insulting you.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30881
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#55  Postby Arcanyn » Jan 04, 2017 1:15 am

Firestarter wrote:Just look at the famous Walt Disney logo; it is written in a peculiar way: with a hidden 666666 in it. The first 3 sixes are highlighted in red. The 4th is the “W” starting from right to left in reverse; the 5th is the top “horizontal” part of the “t”; the 6th is in the “D” in reverse.
Image


That's a relief. Given that the number of the beast is 616, this means that Disney cannot possibly be aligned with the devil.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
User avatar
Arcanyn
 
Posts: 1472
Age: 35
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#56  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 04, 2017 11:04 am

Dont tell them that. :shhh:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#57  Postby BlackBart » Jan 04, 2017 1:19 pm

Arcanyn wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Just look at the famous Walt Disney logo; it is written in a peculiar way: with a hidden 666666 in it. The first 3 sixes are highlighted in red. The 4th is the “W” starting from right to left in reverse; the 5th is the top “horizontal” part of the “t”; the 6th is in the “D” in reverse.
Image


That's a relief. Given that the number of the beast is 616, this means that Disney cannot possibly be aligned with the devil.



The I in Disney is in fact a one. :ahrr:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12076
Age: 57
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#58  Postby Blackadder » Jan 04, 2017 1:48 pm

BlackBart wrote:

The I in Disney is in fact a one. :ahrr:


616 is a telephone area code in the state of Michigan. Re-arrange the letters Michigan and you get China MIG. The AntiChrist will arrive from China on board a MiG fighter jet. Look at what China is doing militarily today. And shit your pants.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3731
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#59  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 05, 2017 12:07 am

Blackadder wrote:
BlackBart wrote:The I in Disney is in fact a one. :ahrr:

616 is a telephone area code in the state of Michigan. Re-arrange the letters Michigan and you get China MIG. The AntiChrist will arrive from China on board a MiG fighter jet. Look at what China is doing militarily today. And shit your pants.

Dude, right next door is Wisconsin. Scion Wins. But now, I live in Wyoming. Wino Gym.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
User avatar
The_Metatron
Moderator
 
Name: Jesse
Posts: 20912
Age: 57
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: People can't think anymore because movies

#60  Postby Blackadder » Jan 05, 2017 1:28 am

The_Metatron wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
BlackBart wrote:The I in Disney is in fact a one. :ahrr:

616 is a telephone area code in the state of Michigan. Re-arrange the letters Michigan and you get China MIG. The AntiChrist will arrive from China on board a MiG fighter jet. Look at what China is doing militarily today. And shit your pants.

Dude, right next door is Wisconsin. Scion Wins. But now, I live in Wyoming. Wino Gym.


Wino Gym. Hmmm, that's a niche market for a health club franchise.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3731
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest