Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Television Shows you're currently Enjoying

#8941  Postby kokayjess » Apr 19, 2017 8:36 am

NamelessFaceless wrote:The Handmaid's Tale comes out on Hulu on April 26. I don't have a subscription, but I plan to start my free, 30-day trial that day, then binge-watch. Looks like it's gonna be good.

Looking forward to it too! finished the book last month and it was the best read so far this year.
Currently into stranger things. Again. it's even more enjoyable than the first time. Still can't believe they're giving 11 a small part in the season 2
kokayjess

Name: Jess

Print view this post

#8942  Postby aban57 » Apr 19, 2017 8:56 am

kokayjess wrote:
NamelessFaceless wrote:The Handmaid's Tale comes out on Hulu on April 26. I don't have a subscription, but I plan to start my free, 30-day trial that day, then binge-watch. Looks like it's gonna be good.

Looking forward to it too! finished the book last month and it was the best read so far this year.
Currently into stranger things. Again. it's even more enjoyable than the first time. Still can't believe they're giving 11 a small part in the season 2

Binge-watched the show yesterday, and I found the actress playing 11 amazing. Winona Ryder is impressive too.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8943  Postby Agrippina » Apr 19, 2017 10:20 am

Elisabeth Moss isn't one of Hollywood's beautiful women, the type who use their looks to get parts, or their skinny bodies in high heels and skinny skirts to get people to watch their shows. And I love her for being a dedicated actor who takes the job of acting her heart out, very seriously. She was amazing in the little part she played in The West Wing, then the lead role in Mad Men, and now this. I'll watch anything with her in it because I know her role is a substantive one.

She's going to be around for a long time. Can't wait to see The Handmaid's Tale.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#8944  Postby kokayjess » Apr 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Agrippina wrote:Elisabeth Moss isn't one of Hollywood's beautiful women, the type who use their looks to get parts, or their skinny bodies in high heels and skinny skirts to get people to watch their shows. And I love her for being a dedicated actor who takes the job of acting her heart out, very seriously. She was amazing in the little part she played in The West Wing, then the lead role in Mad Men, and now this. I'll watch anything with her in it because I know her role is a substantive one.

She's going to be around for a long time. Can't wait to see The Handmaid's Tale.

yep! I like how she fits this role really. haven't see other of her works but will definitely check them out.

aban57 wrote:
kokayjess wrote:

Binge-watched the show yesterday, and I found the actress playing 11 amazing. Winona Ryder is impressive too.

agree. the cast is brilliant. and it was so good to see Winona again
kokayjess

Name: Jess

Print view this post

#8945  Postby Animavore » Apr 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Fargo. Season 3. Hmmmm. Not sure what I think yet.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8946  Postby Pulsar » Apr 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Animavore wrote:Fargo. Season 3. Hmmmm. Not sure what I think yet.

Same. I'm not feeling the characters yet. It all felt a bit underwhelming. And Ewan McGregor is distracting me; I keep seeing the actor rather than the characters he's playing. The storylines have a lot of potential though, so I'm hopeful.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8947  Postby The_Piper » Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm

:eager:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#8948  Postby Pulsar » Apr 21, 2017 9:51 pm

For some reason, I kept postponing the last few episodes of Black Mirror. I'm finally caught up, and I can update my ranking:

1) San Junipero
2) Playtest
3) White Bear
4) The Entire History of You
5) Hated in the Nation
6) White Christmas
7) Shut Up and Dance
8) Nosedive
9) Fifteen million Merits
10) Be Right Back
11) The National Anthem
12) Men Against Fire
13) The Waldo Moment

Overall, season 3 surpasses seasons 1 & 2, IMO.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#8949  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 22, 2017 8:20 am

Apparently the second season of Sense8 has already started with a Christmas special, 4 months.
They changed Van Damme's actor.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8950  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Just finished the second season of The Expanse.
This is one of the rare examples where I started with the cinematic version, rather than the original novels.
However since I've now passed the plot in the books, compared to the series, I'm of two minds on this second season.
On the hand, as a show it kept getting better and better and the last episode keeps you fearing for cliff-hangers, but in a good way.
On the other hand I cannot help but notice how the show more and more diverges from the original novels.
And I'm not just talking about necessary cuts and alterations, but certain segments that were clearly altered to manufacture extra tension and suspension. The latter of which is rather obvious and disappointing.

Still overal, better than the first season and I'm looking forward to the 3d, which is 'promised' to launch in 2018.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#8951  Postby Spinozasgalt » May 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Now that my internet's back, I finally watched both the penultimate and final episodes of Girls. And by penultimate and final, I mean ever. The show's over. :waah: Unusual way to end it, but I'm satisfied: the second to last episode was the last time you get to see the whole cast and looks like a traditional series finale. But it was pretty fucking devastating for a show that's never tried to be devastating. And then the finale's an epilogue with just 3 of the main cast. Final shot of the series had me, too.

A couple of quibbles I had with the final series happened to be intentional moves by Dunham and their payoff was huge, so everything wrapped up nicely.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8952  Postby Rumraket » May 02, 2017 9:17 am

Latest episode of Billions was awesome. I had my doubts throughout the episode, but in the end I still felt I had anticipated how it ended. It's all the Jiu-Jitsu metaphors that sorta give it away :)
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#8953  Postby Mazille » May 02, 2017 10:43 am

So, apparently American Gods has started airing and it's looking mighty fine so far.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#8954  Postby Fallible » May 02, 2017 11:03 am

Yup.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#8955  Postby Animavore » May 03, 2017 1:35 pm

A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8956  Postby MattHunX » May 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Started watching the second season of INTO THE BADLANDS

Almost done with the first episode.

Some of the...physics during fight-scenes are annoyingly exaggerated. I do not remember this much body-flipping, not from single cuts and such things, from the first season. There, the fight-choreography was excellent and as fat as I recall nothing was this exaggerated. It's perfectly acceptable when those special people with the black eyes do it, but it seems like everyone can just make people flip around with a single swing. Writers need to cut this crap out.
MattHunX

Print view this post

#8957  Postby Animavore » May 06, 2017 9:33 am

A lot of "I'm not a homophobe but..." in the comment section of the Sense8 season 2 review on IGN.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/05/06/s ... n-2-review

I'm trying to wind them up.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8958  Postby Animavore » May 06, 2017 12:16 pm

These people are too easy. :lol:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#8959  Postby Macdoc » May 06, 2017 2:54 pm

I need a series to binge on Netflix this weekend. Dark non-north american crime is ideal.....historical is okay too. Subtitled is fine. Like there was a couple of very dark Icelandic series that were really good.
It's rainy and cold for the time of year so want to alternate working with bingeing Netflix series..( I often do both at once ).

Serve em up. :coffee:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#8960  Postby Pulsar » May 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Have you seen Forbrydelsen (aka The Killing)? Don't know if it's on Netflix.
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV