"The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#21  Postby cyghost » Sep 12, 2013 8:03 am

There is gonna be a scene when sunlight shines though a hole in the clouds aren't there? With beautiful music? And a white dove? All the evidence any one needs really...
cyghost
 
Posts: 284

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#22  Postby LoneWolfEburg » Sep 12, 2013 6:37 pm

I like this story more:

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.
p.s. close the borders
LoneWolfEburg
 
Posts: 95

Russia (ru)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#23  Postby Thommo » Sep 12, 2013 7:04 pm

:rofl:

Brilliant! I give it 9.5 / 10. I took half off because Washington is a good patriotic American name. Maybe prof. should have been Mohammed Hitler, or Benito Stalin?
User avatar
Thommo
 
Posts: 27175

Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#24  Postby VazScep » Sep 12, 2013 7:13 pm

Shrunk wrote:I looked him up. His name is Kevin Sorbo, and he used to play Hercules on TV.
I loved that show!
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep
 
Posts: 4590

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#25  Postby VazScep » Sep 12, 2013 7:14 pm

If I were Joss Whedon, I'd be suing.
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep
 
Posts: 4590

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#26  Postby Animavore » Sep 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Speaking of Marines, why don't the do the 'Marine' story?

I guess that won't look as good on film.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44748
Age: 42
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#27  Postby LoneWolfEburg » Sep 12, 2013 7:58 pm


Brilliant! I give it 9.5 / 10.

It's not mine, sadly :(
LoneWolfEburg
 
Posts: 95

Russia (ru)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#28  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Shrunk wrote:
Animavore wrote:That other guy, the professor, he was briefly someone too, I think.


I looked him up. His name is Kevin Sorbo, and he used to play Hercules on TV.

Also Dylan hunt in Andromeda.
Now I can't watch that anymore.


OT, this reeks of desperation.
The professor is completely unbelievable as a person/character. :crazy:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#29  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2013 8:10 pm

VazScep wrote:
Shrunk wrote:I looked him up. His name is Kevin Sorbo, and he used to play Hercules on TV.
I loved that show!

:thumbup:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#30  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2013 8:14 pm

As one YT comment put it nicely:
"I´d like to bypass debate altogether and bore you with a conclusion every sophomore is already aware of, and since this is an advanced course, I´ll also make you write three simple words on a sheet of paper for no reason whatsoever." - said no Professor ever.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#31  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Seems to be fairly entrenched in the Christian faith and gospeling:

Guest appearence: Pascal's Wager.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#32  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 13, 2013 2:26 am

Supernaturalists really do love their sad, pathetic caricatures, don't they?

I was half expecting this to be another Ray "Bananaman" Comfort production, because it exudes the same level of stupidity and dishonesty.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
User avatar
Calilasseia
RS Donator
 
Posts: 22091
Age: 59
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#33  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Sep 13, 2013 4:33 am

I think I'd rather lick a battery for two hours.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
User avatar
CdesignProponentsist
 
Posts: 12686
Age: 53
Male

Country: California
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#34  Postby Mick » Sep 16, 2013 5:00 am

I found my university experience in the philosophy dept to be rather fine with the idea of God. I'm fact, if you were going to criticize an argument by one of philosophy's greats, one that argued for the existence of God, then you better have a decent case, and you better know that argument well, lest you get a scolding from the prof.
Christ said, "I am the Truth"; he did not say "I am the custom." -- St. Toribio
User avatar
Mick
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 7027

Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#35  Postby Mick » Sep 16, 2013 5:11 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:As one YT comment put it nicely:
"I´d like to bypass debate altogether and bore you with a conclusion every sophomore is already aware of, and since this is an advanced course, I´ll also make you write three simple words on a sheet of paper for no reason whatsoever." - said no Professor ever.



Yeah, that my sentiment. Philosophy profs don't do that, at least not any I am aware of. They want you to think. They might tease Christianity, an argument, or make a caricature, but they don't say that kinda stuff. And if the professor has any idea about contemporary scholarship in the philosophy of religion, he would know that the debate is not over.
Christ said, "I am the Truth"; he did not say "I am the custom." -- St. Toribio
User avatar
Mick
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 7027

Print view this post

Ads by Google


God not dead?

#36  Postby DaveDodo007 » Sep 20, 2013 9:22 pm

He's surly alive and livin' on the inside.



Highlights include:

Mean atheists. :evilgrin:

Cheerful Christians. :grin:

Kevin Sorbo quoting Shakespeare. :yuk:

Science supports his (god) existence. :scratch:
As long as your ideology identifies the main source of the world's ills as a definable group, it opens the world up to genocide. -Steven Pinker.
User avatar
DaveDodo007
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 923
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: God not dead?

#37  Postby Rumraket » Sep 21, 2013 9:30 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:He's surly alive and livin' on the inside.

Definitely, just like Darth Vader, Gandalf and Peter Pan.
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 13215
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: God not dead?

#38  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 21, 2013 9:47 am

Already a thread on this here.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 31088
Age: 31
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#39  Postby Rumraket » Sep 21, 2013 9:59 am

LoneWolfEburg wrote:I like this story more:

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.
p.s. close the borders

Image
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 13215
Age: 40

Print view this post

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#40  Postby Rumraket » Sep 21, 2013 10:28 am

Calilasseia wrote:Supernaturalists really do love their sad, pathetic caricatures, don't they?

I was half expecting this to be another Ray "Bananaman" Comfort production, because it exudes the same level of stupidity and dishonesty.

Well, since the persecution complex is a built-in feature of christianity, movies like this is one of their all time favorite hobby horses. "Everyone's out to get us".

A good example of this is found in this review:
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
User avatar
Rumraket
 
Posts: 13215
Age: 40

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest