"The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: "The Atheist Professor" story now a movie.

#41  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm

Lmao this will be hilarious. I wonder if it will result in a new influx of philosophy students who walk into class day 1 and get disappointed when the old man in charge of the unit doesn't want to start a fight with them.

My favorite part was the domestic abuse towards the end. I bet it's going to be the pretty girl's atheist uncle or something.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

God's Not Dead

#42  Postby willhud9 » Sep 24, 2013 4:24 am

:yuk:

Not only is the atheist professor, Kevin Sorbo (live action Hercules for those who remember), a complete dick, because atheists are complete dicks as we all know, the premise of the movie is stupid.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: God's Not Dead

#43  Postby JVRaines » Sep 24, 2013 6:42 am

Of course God's not dead. Imagination lives forever.

Poor Kevin Sorbo. At least he found a good use for his bleached teeth, gritting them in atheistic anger.
JVRaines

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#44  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 24, 2013 7:42 am

Second copy this week, original's here.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#45  Postby NamelessFaceless » Sep 24, 2013 3:36 pm

Shrunk wrote:At least they don't seem to be saying the student is Einstein...

Blech. I bet this is going to be a big hit in my town. We have about 1,000 churches around here and they just love this kind of shit.

Spring 2014? Sounds like a good time for me to go on vacation.

:yawn:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#46  Postby willhud9 » Sep 24, 2013 5:26 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Second copy this week, original's here.

I don't know why this film should disgrace the film section. Then again there is a thread about the Hobbit so :whistle:
Last edited by willhud9 on Sep 24, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fear is a choice you embrace
Your only truth
Tribal poetry
Witchcraft filling your void
Lust for fantasy
Male necrocracy
Every child worthy of a better tale
willhud9

Name: William
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 24, 2013 6:17 pm

willhud9 wrote:

I don't know why this film should disgrace the film section. Then again their is a thread about the Hobbit so :whistle:

:evilgrin:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Rumraket » Sep 24, 2013 7:32 pm

willhud9 wrote:

I don't know why this film should disgrace the film section. Then again there is a thread about the Hobbit so :whistle:

The... heresy!
bR00ZWILLZ.jpg
bR00ZWILLZ.jpg (13.31 KiB) Viewed 3222 times
Half-Life 3 - I want to believe
Rumraket

Print view this post

#49  Postby dvada191 » Sep 24, 2013 9:51 pm

LoneWolfEburg wrote:I like this story more:
-snip-

A white heteronormative cisgendered CEO professor and Baptist preacher was teaching a class on Karl Rove, known Christian.

“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Jesus Christ and accept that you too can become straight through daily prayer, self-flagellation, and eating Chik-Fil-A every day!”

At this moment, a brave, trans-Asian, self-diagnosed pansexual demiromantic vegan multisouled person who had been free of all animal products and only bought products at the local transgender co-op boldly stood up, holding a glass filled with some white liquid.

“Hey, Professor, what is this?”

The arrogant professor smirked like a rapist and smugly replied “It’s clearly milk, you crazy f****t. What the fuck does milk have to do with political science?”

“Wrong. It’s an all natural vegan soy almond kombucha latte. No animals or transpeople were harmed or raped in the making of this product.”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of the Wall Street Journal. He stormed out of the room, clearly planning some kind of rape. The professor realized that he had been playing into the hands of the kyriarchy of CEOs, investment bankers, the Religious Right, and psychiatrists. He then killed himself. The proper term for this is “trans-dead”.

The students checked their privilege, all diagnosed themselves with autism and gender identity disorder and joined the Gay-Straight Alliance. An obese trans-eagle furry otherkin waddled into the room and tried to perch upon the American Flag, bending the flagpole in the process. All parties involved gave up meat, Christianity, and the right to bear arms.

The students all lifted their glasses of soy fluid in a toast.

“That beverage’s name? Harvey “The One Percent” Milk.” said the vegan trans-autistic Korean.
"To any sufficiently ignorant person, science is indistinguishable from religion."
dvada191

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 25, 2013 5:27 am

dvada191 wrote:
-snip-

A white heteronormative cisgendered CEO professor and Baptist preacher was teaching a class on Karl Rove, known Christian.

“Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Jesus Christ and accept that you too can become straight through daily prayer, self-flagellation, and eating Chik-Fil-A every day!”

At this moment, a brave, trans-Asian, self-diagnosed pansexual demiromantic vegan multisouled person who had been free of all animal products and only bought products at the local transgender co-op boldly stood up, holding a glass filled with some white liquid.

The arrogant professor smirked like a rapist and smugly replied “It’s clearly milk, you crazy f****t. What the fuck does milk have to do with political science?”

“Wrong. It’s an all natural vegan soy almond kombucha latte. No animals or transpeople were harmed or raped in the making of this product.”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of the Wall Street Journal. He stormed out of the room, clearly planning some kind of rape. The professor realized that he had been playing into the hands of the kyriarchy of CEOs, investment bankers, the Religious Right, and psychiatrists. He then killed himself. The proper term for this is “trans-dead”.

The students checked their privilege, all diagnosed themselves with autism and gender identity disorder and joined the Gay-Straight Alliance. An obese trans-eagle furry otherkin waddled into the room and tried to perch upon the American Flag, bending the flagpole in the process. All parties involved gave up meat, Christianity, and the right to bear arms.

“That beverage’s name? Harvey “The One Percent” Milk.” said the vegan trans-autistic Korean.

If only this argument was used seriously, like the original atheist professor nonsense...
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#51  Postby NamelessFaceless » Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm

dvada191 wrote:
-snip-

Ok, funny, except Karl Rove is actually an atheist.

http://scienceblogs.com/scientificactiv ... karl-rove/
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Animavore » Jan 15, 2014 3:44 pm

He was never alive to begin with.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#54  Postby Skate » Jan 15, 2014 3:46 pm

So, the son of Zeus is playing the atheist professor? Hahaha! :clap:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001757/?ref_=tt_cl_t4
Skate

United States (us)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Paul » Jan 15, 2014 4:12 pm

No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'!
"Peter, I can see your house from here!"
Paul

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jan 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I see the Duck Dynasty guy is in it.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#57  Postby Agrippina » Jan 15, 2014 5:13 pm

The only reason he's still on his perch is because he's nailed there!
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#58  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#59  Postby Tim Danaher » Jan 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Sorry, did a search for 'God's not Dead' before posting...
Tim Danaher

Male

Hungary (hu)
Print view this post

#60  Postby Animavore » Jan 15, 2014 5:35 pm

"God's not dead" is way too broad a search. "Sorbo" would've gotten it straight away http://www.rationalskepticism.org/search.php
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV