Twin Peaks Season 3

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Twin Peaks Season 3

#21  Postby Shrunk » May 27, 2017 11:41 am

Oh, and while I don't think Twin Peaks is ever meant to be a political show, it was hard for me not to see Lynch's (as Gordon Cole)s "Fix their hearts or die" as something meant for just the immediate context.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Mac_Guffin » May 28, 2017 1:26 am

Shrunk wrote:MIchael Cera. WTAF was that? Is he going to keep coming back doing bad impersonations of 50's male cultural icons? Wally Presley, or Wally Dean? I loved that scene.

And Lucy and Andy's faces... :lol:
They seemed so proud, and you can tell Truman was just tolerating them.
Mac_Guffin

Name: Christopher
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby SafeAsMilk » May 28, 2017 4:10 am

I can't tell you how happy I am that Andy and Lucy are in the new season.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Shrunk » Jun 20, 2017 2:23 pm

"Squeeze his hand off! Squeeze his hand off!"

I'm still laughing out loud over that, and I don't even know why.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Shrunk » Jun 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Tell me something: Does anyone think we're being faked out, and Harry Truman is actually going to make an appearance, only it's important for the plot that we not know this?
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Mac_Guffin » Jun 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Well, the actor who plays him quit acting. At most, I think we could get an unannounced cameo, but I doubt it since the guy who plays Eugene on Walking Dead was announced and he had only a quick cameo.

I loved that sweeping scene lol. I knew it would annoy a lot of people and I get sadistic joy from that. I also love how it plays with expectations.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Shrunk » Jun 27, 2017 10:48 am

My daughter while watching episode 8: "I'd love to see the looks on the faces right now of all those people who've been complaining 'Where's Audrey?'"
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Mac_Guffin » Jul 09, 2017 7:46 am

I don't get that a show that started out subverting expectations for TV is now being criticized by some people who were fans of the original run for subverting expectations.
Maybe it's that these people were only fans because they thought it was so cheesy and weird, without thinking any further, like the uncanny behavior being used as a red herring. It blended parody, comedy, horror, and more so seemlessly. You never knew what was coming because of its jarring narrative.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby I'm With Stupid » Jul 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Just watched the 11th episode. Definitely the best so far. Loving the two gangsters.

The ghosts have gotta be the halloween costume of choice this year (would it count as blacking up?). They're scary as shit.

Not a big fan of the Richard Horne character, who's basically a cartoon villain. There are plenty of possible motivations for his behaviour (fear of the drug dealer and panic after the hit and run) but they've basically gone with "he's just an evil prick" instead. Every scene he's in seems to have been a case of "What evil thing can we have him do this week?" At this rate, he'll be abusing a kid by the last episode. That's Audrey's son though, right? Because his grandma was looking after Johnny, who was Audrey's brother.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Mac_Guffin » Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am

I still prefer episode 8 to that one. I'd place it on the same level as episode 3... and 4.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Shrunk » Jul 27, 2017 5:48 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:Not a big fan of the Richard Horne character, who's basically a cartoon villain. There are plenty of possible motivations for his behaviour (fear of the drug dealer and panic after the hit and run) but they've basically gone with "he's just an evil prick" instead. Every scene he's in seems to have been a case of "What evil thing can we have him do this week?" At this rate, he'll be abusing a kid by the last episode. That's Audrey's son though, right? Because his grandma was looking after Johnny, who was Audrey's brother.

The consensus seems to be that he is the spawn of Audrey Horne and Evil Cooper/Bob, conceived while Audrey was in a coma following the bank explosion. :yuk:
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#32  Postby aban57 » Jul 27, 2017 6:39 pm

There's quite an impressive cast in this 3rd season, on top of the original cast.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Mac_Guffin » Jul 27, 2017 10:28 pm

I'm so glad they had Matthew Lillard crying in the new series. He has one of the best ugly cries, which I've seen in Scream and SLC Punk.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#34  Postby I'm With Stupid » Aug 01, 2017 12:36 am

So Audrey's back. He just keeps adding more threads to the story line. I thought Grace Zabriskie was great as usual.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Mac_Guffin » Aug 01, 2017 3:02 am

After watching, I was dreading the reactions. This was another tease of an episode and subversion of expectation, which I knew would leave a lot of people disappointed. I get it. I think we're meant to be frustrated. It's like holding off on an orgasm. We might think we want everything right now, but prolonging things and experiencing that frustration makes the pay-off more rewarding. It's for viewers like me who are tired of the same old ways of storytelling and want something that doesn't give us what's to be expected in a story... but so many people don't get it, or they get it and don't like it. I know going into a conversation saying they don't get it means I will get comments about being full of shit, and how the emperor has no clothes, and that's just what I got in many conversations lol. I have no issues with the episode, but this episode has led to some of the most unpleasant conversations about the show. I'm dreading watching some of the aftershows that haven't been uploaded yet.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby aban57 » Aug 01, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:So Audrey's back. He just keeps adding more threads to the story line. I thought Grace Zabriskie was great as usual.

Spoiler !
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#37  Postby I'm With Stupid » Aug 01, 2017 7:30 pm

aban57 wrote:
I'm With Stupid wrote:So Audrey's back. He just keeps adding more threads to the story line. I thought Grace Zabriskie was great as usual.

Spoiler !

That's not a spoiler. It's common knowledge that she was going to be in the series.

Incidentally, I've never understood this idea that you have to put stuff in spoiler tags on a thread about a current TV show. Isn't it pretty obvious that it's going to include spoilers? Do you know what I do when I haven't seen the latest episode of something? I don't read a thread about it.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#38  Postby Shrunk » Aug 28, 2017 12:46 pm

"I am the FBI."

:jump:
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Mac_Guffin » Aug 28, 2017 10:42 pm

That was so satisfying after a long, frustrating wait.
Mac_Guffin

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Shrunk » Aug 29, 2017 1:34 am

It was so satisfying because of the long, frustrating wait, I admit to having had my doubts, but it now seems Lynch knows exactly what he is doing.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Film & TV