Twin Peaks Season 3

Discuss Film & TV related topics here.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Twin Peaks Season 3

#61  Postby archibald » Sep 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Shrunk wrote:

I've usually figured that Lynch and Frost construct their scenes according to a kind of dream logic, where atmosphere and visual/emotional content take precedence over linear story telling. But examples like this makes me wonder if they actually have a meticulously worked out narrative of intersecting time lines and alternate realities.

:ask:

Somehow, I doubt it.

I think In recall him saying once that even he doesn't know what his films are about. In that sense, I've come to think he's half meticulous half letting it all hang out. I'm not sure whether to take him seriously, and look for 'his' meanings, or just let it wash over me and enjoy my own interpretations.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Twin Peaks Season 3

#62  Postby Shrunk » Sep 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Someone's gone and synced the final two episodes, and is convinced this is how they are meant to be viewed.

I don't know, I haven't watched the whole thing myself. But have a look at the ending from 52:28:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1VNS8 ... RrWE0/view

This is all getting very Room 237.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Film & TV