Body Decomposition

Law of Nature

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Body Decomposition

#1  Postby Voltage » Jul 29, 2014 2:50 am

I found this interesting case concerning law of nature.Yes, Law of Nature exist but its not a Law that can't be removed by those who made it..

There is over 1000 cases reported about shuhada(martyrs) bodies that didn't decompose some of them have been buried 4 years or more there bodies was still the same as if they had died hours ago and they had the smell of musk coming from there bodies..

I was reading that the opened a grave 46 years later and the guy was still the same...

Red Cross: Taliban bodies do not decay!
The committee of the American Red Cross has released a report on its webpage regarding the bodies of the dead (martyred) Taliban compared to those of the foreign forces. The mentioned committee which had the duty of collecting and burying the dead in Mazar Sharif province of Afghanistan showed its astonishment as to why the dead bodies of Taliban had not decayed

or gave off foul smell?!! The report said that investigators initially thought that the cold weather was the reason behind this phenomenon however this theory was later shattered because the bodies of the northern alliance fighters which were lying in the same area had decayed and were also giving off a nauseating smell.

The report further says that it now wants to conduct a research on the type of food consumed by the Taliban fighters! The researchers also want to find out if there is a relationship between food and blood because the blood of some Taliban members keeps its warm temperatures even after their death!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=808_1324 ... WLmV3t7.99

What is a reasoning to this?
Voltage
Banned User

Name: owen

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Body Decomposition

#2  Postby Voltage » Jul 29, 2014 5:47 am

Seems like other religions know about the phenomena as well, I just found out it's called in

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorruptibility
Last edited by Voltage on Jul 29, 2014 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voltage
Banned User

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Fenrir » Jul 29, 2014 6:10 am

Yeah right.

Post a direct link to this alleged "Red Cross" document so we can all read the source. Apparently none of the numerous sites reporting this were able to do so.

And why post a story from 2011?

And I suspect the organisation operating in Afghanistan would be Red Crescent, not Red Cross.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Pebble » Jul 29, 2014 6:48 am

Logically the first thing to do is go to the supposed source. In this case the 'Red Cross' and its 2011 report - it would appear this event was so uninteresting that no one even bothered to file a report!

http://www.icrc.org/eng/resources/international-review/review-881-afghanistan/index.jsp

Or it is made up shite - which do you think is more likely?
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby smudge » Jul 29, 2014 6:51 am

My shit smells of roses.
Probably a similar phenomenon.
smudge

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Voltage » Jul 29, 2014 7:13 am

Yeah, I don't know about this article but it is a well known and documented phenomenon not unique to Muslims. In the the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox religion they know it as Incorruptible, where bodies of saints don't decay and give off a sweet fragrance.

I was just wondering about the whole Incorruptibility thing
Voltage
Banned User

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Paul Almond » Jul 29, 2014 7:27 am

The page you linked to (above) ends with this:

To end, I humbly request from the all the readers to sincerely pray for me that I be able to perform Jihad and in the end be blessed with martyrdom, the virtues of which were mentioned by the beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and for which he himself yearned.

Doctor Muslim Andar

So, even if this report exists, and is as described in your own source, that source claims that it was written by a Muslim doctor who apparently supports the Taliban and wants to be killed fighting the infidels. There is clearly an issue of bias here, to put it mildly. Now, I may be being unkind, but I have the feeling that people who throw acid into the faces of girls because they are attending school might not be above telling a lie on the internet. And that is IF the doctor and his report even exist.

Given that you are actually just posting what looks like Taliban propaganda, do you really expect any of us to take this disgusting rubbish seriously?
If I ever start making posts like "On the banning and partial banning of words!" then I view my life as less than worthless and I hope that my friends here would have a collection to pay for ninjas to be sent to my home to kill me*. (*=humanely)
Paul Almond

Name: Paul Almond
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#8  Postby Voltage » Jul 29, 2014 7:40 am

Paul Almond wrote:

To end, I humbly request from the all the readers to sincerely pray for me that I be able to perform Jihad and in the end be blessed with martyrdom, the virtues of which were mentioned by the beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and for which he himself yearned.

Doctor Muslim Andar

So, even if this report exists, and is as described in your own source, that source claims that it was written by a Muslim doctor who apparently supports the Taliban and wants to be killed fighting the infidels. There is clearly an issue of bias here, to put it mildly. Now, I may be being unkind, but I have the feeling that people who throw acid into the faces of girls because they are attending school might not be above telling a lie on the internet. And that is IF the doctor and his report even exist.

Given that you are actually just posting what looks like Taliban propaganda, do you really expect any of us to take this disgusting rubbish seriously?

I understand, it was just an example of the whole incorruptibility thing that is said to be a mysterious phenomena. I was just seeing if it has been debunked
Voltage
Banned User

United States (us)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Paul Almond » Jul 29, 2014 7:45 am

A correction: "Dr Muslim Andar" is apparently claiming to be writing about the report rather than claiming to be the author of the report (apparently). Not that it makes much difference because it still brings the source into question.
If I ever start making posts like "On the banning and partial banning of words!" then I view my life as less than worthless and I hope that my friends here would have a collection to pay for ninjas to be sent to my home to kill me*. (*=humanely)
Paul Almond

Name: Paul Almond
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby BlackBart » Jul 29, 2014 7:50 am

Voltage wrote:Yeah, I don't know about this article but it is a well known and documented phenomenon not unique to Muslims. In the the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox religion they know it as Incorruptible, where bodies of saints don't decay and give off a sweet fragrance.

I was just wondering about the whole Incorruptibility thing

Theists claim a lot of "well known and documented" phenomena - they never come up with the goods when it comes to providing actual evidence though.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Arcanyn » Jul 29, 2014 7:53 am

In the Middle Ages failure of a body to decompose as expected was held to be evidence of vampirism.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#12  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Jul 29, 2014 7:55 am

Voltage wrote:
Paul Almond wrote:

Doctor Muslim Andar

I understand, it was just an example of the whole incorruptibility thing that is said to be a mysterious phenomena. I was just seeing if it has been debunked

What is to be debunked? It is an asserted phenomena with very little if any physical evidence for it. People can make up shit all they like but debunking it is impossible without actually having something to look at and test. Find some bodies that aren't decomposing first then the debunking can begin.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Goldenmane » Jul 29, 2014 8:07 am

Simply put, you are asking us to debunk what is nothing more than tales. It's a fool's errand.

You need to present actual, verifiable examples of something that might fit the bill. Anecdotes are worthless. There is the need for habeas corpus. Show us the alleged phenomenon. Show us a body which does not decompose. That needs to happen first.

Otherwise you may as well ask us to debunk stories of people flying. There are plenty of those bullshit tales out there attributed to saints and prophets and magicians too.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#14  Postby Pebble » Jul 29, 2014 8:34 am

Looks like there is a rare phenomenon of much delayed decomposition that is not fully understood and has been cited by religions as evidence for their gods, but is simply a rare and incompletely understood event.

http://people.howstuffworks.com/incorruptible2.htm

"Some cases of incorruptibility have been revealed as fraudulent. In other cases where incorruptibility actually did exist, it was further preserved later by embalming the corpse. In the 20th century, the Catholic Church discontinued the practice of using incorruptibility as a prerequisite for sainthood. The Church wasn't responding so much to the fraud of some cases, but to the cases in which incorruptible corpses didn't extol Catholic piety. Members of other religions have been discovered in uncorrupted states. And at least one case of incorruptibility was discovered in a person who clearly hadn't exactly lived a saintly life. Cardinal Shuster, an Italian archbishop, had been a fascist and friend of dictator Benito Mussolini. His corpse was found uncorrupted 31 years after his death [source: Fortean Times]."
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#15  Postby Goldenmane » Jul 29, 2014 8:38 am

Fortean Times?

*phphphbbbbttbtbthththtttt!*
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

Goldenmane

Print view this post

#16  Postby Pebble » Jul 29, 2014 8:46 am

Had never heard of the Fortean Times - will look out for in future
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#17  Postby Goldenmane » Jul 29, 2014 8:59 am

Pebble wrote:Had never heard of the Fortean Times - will look out for in future

A bigger bag of utter woo and bullshit could not be found outside the Internet.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

Goldenmane

Print view this post

#18  Postby Pebble » Jul 29, 2014 9:04 am

Ok a slightly more reliable source then

http://www.skepdic.com/incorrupt.html
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Goldenmane » Jul 29, 2014 9:46 am

Pebble wrote:Ok a slightly more reliable source then

Yep. In other words, incorruptibility is bullshit.
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

Goldenmane

Print view this post

#20  Postby Pebble » Jul 29, 2014 10:56 am

Goldenmane wrote:
Pebble wrote:Ok a slightly more reliable source then

Yep. In other words, incorruptibility is bullshit.

But as I indicated surprisingly differing rates of decomposition are not.
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Discussion