Concerns about Education in NZ

Need to get this off my chest

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Concerns about Education in NZ

#41  Postby Svartalf » May 22, 2020 10:22 am

Evolving wrote:
Fallible wrote:On a far more trivial note, books are one of the biggest pleasures in my life. I very much enjoy being able to read.

Yep.

most definitely
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby devogue » May 22, 2020 10:33 am

Fenrir wrote:
devogue wrote:

<snip>

- or possibly give me some questions I can ask his teacher without making a dick of myself.

<snip>

Too late

Fair point, well made.
It's PETUNIAS TIME again, folks!!!

The Blue Butterfly
devogue

Male

Chile (cl)
Print view this post

#43  Postby jamest » May 23, 2020 2:40 am

Books. Those things that explore the potential and hopes of your life, only to let you down with the reality of the situation. I'm pretty sure my cave men friends wouldn't have wanted those.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#44  Postby jamest » May 23, 2020 2:51 am

As for science extending your life - and let's not forget that it also has the capacity to diminish it - so fucking what? How does an extra decade or two of meaningless mediocrity add value to anything?

The qualitative value of life has NOTHING to do with how long one lives. Remember that, if nothing else, before you come back again and bore the arse off of me with your repeat mantras.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#45  Postby OlivierK » May 23, 2020 5:16 am

I propose a new proverb in James' honour:

"A little knowledge is a dispiriting thing."
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#46  Postby jamest » May 23, 2020 5:42 am

Knowledge? You mean that shite that the government force-feeds you?

Wake the fuck up. You have very little time to do so.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#47  Postby campermon » May 23, 2020 6:11 am

You present as someone who is depressed JamesT.

Look after yourself.

Genuine concern.
:think:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby OlivierK » May 23, 2020 6:44 am

jamest wrote:Knowledge? You mean that shite that the government force-feeds you?
No.
jamest wrote:Wake the fuck up. You have very little time to do so.
:roll:
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#49  Postby felltoearth » May 23, 2020 12:56 pm

jamest wrote:Books. Those things that explore the potential and hopes of your life, only to let you down with the reality of the situation. I'm pretty sure my cave men friends wouldn't have wanted those.

That sounds like a “you” problem.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#50  Postby Fallible » May 23, 2020 1:49 pm

jamest wrote:Books. Those things that explore the potential and hopes of your life, only to let you down with the reality of the situation. I'm pretty sure my cave men friends wouldn't have wanted those.

Thanks for your personal opinion, which can now be disregarded.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Fallible » May 23, 2020 1:54 pm

jamest wrote:Knowledge? You mean that shite that the government force-feeds you?

You just seem like you want attention and will say any old crap to get it. Speaking for myself, staring down the barrel of a heavily truncated existence, a couple more decades looks like an unattainable dream. I don’t expect you to be able to accede that your lectures in this area smack of ignorance. You only want the attention such blinkered stupidity brings.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#52  Postby surreptitious57 » May 23, 2020 4:00 pm

james wrote:
The qualitative value of life has NOTHING to do with how long one lives

The one statement you have made in this thread that is actually true
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#53  Postby jamest » May 27, 2020 1:16 am

Fallible wrote:

You just seem like you want attention and will say any old crap to get it. Speaking for myself, staring down the barrel of a heavily truncated existence, a couple more decades looks like an unattainable dream. I don’t expect you to be able to accede that your lectures in this area smack of ignorance. You only want the attention such blinkered stupidity brings.

If I wanted attention I'd be here every day, or at other forums. I don't do it. Went to rationalia for a few days when I suspected this place was kaput, but nowhere else. I don't do facebook, instagram, etc.. I just don't NEED attention. So, whatever negative theories you have of me, please desist from them revolving around my need for attention. I really don't give a crap about my ego.

I have nothing to be gained from posting here, other than to help the few people who might listen. Whether I kick the bucket tomorrow or in a few decades, my intent has been good.

One of the things that passed my mind when I thought ratskep might be kaput, was that I might never get the chance to converse with you again. And others, of course. I can't explain why I like to hear the likes of someone like you calling me a cunt occasionally, it makes no sense, but I have always enjoyed your participation here. Which probably explains why I keep responding to your negative retorts. Whatever. Best wishes to you and yours.
Last edited by jamest on May 27, 2020 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#54  Postby jamest » May 27, 2020 1:20 am

surreptitious57 wrote:
james wrote:
The qualitative value of life has NOTHING to do with how long one lives

The one statement you have made in this thread that is actually true

I've missed calling you a doughnut, dude. Best wishes to you. I hope you're well and welcome back.

What I hate is mundane characters. You cannot be accused of being one of them. Please stay and post profusely. Sincerely.
Ora non e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#55  Postby OlivierK » May 27, 2020 7:24 am

jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:

If I wanted attention I'd be here every day, or at other forums. I don't do it. Went to rationalia for a few days when I suspected this place was kaput, but nowhere else. I don't do facebook, instagram, etc.. I just don't NEED attention. So, whatever negative theories you have of me, please desist from them revolving around my need for attention. I really don't give a crap about my ego.

That's got to be one of the most self-absorbed and least self-aware posts you've ever managed here, james, against some pretty stiff competition. Still, it's pretty impressive to get in over 10 mentions of yourself in just four lines of text.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Fallible » May 27, 2020 10:10 am

jamest wrote:
Fallible wrote:

If I wanted attention I'd be here every day, or at other forums. I don't do it.

No, you just made that up. You clearly want attention. Apart from anything else, how do you expect your words here to help people, which you self-claim as your aim, without attention? You’re so busy falling over yourself to paint a picture of some kind of humble monk that you don’t even notice when you start contradicting your own argument.

Went to rationalia for a few days when I suspected this place was kaput, but nowhere else. I don't do facebook, instagram, etc..

I literally do not care.

I just don't NEED attention.

You WANT the attention.

So, whatever negative theories you have of me, please desist from them revolving around my need for attention. I really don't give a crap about my ego.

No, I’m not going to stop saying what I think. Observation shows that your ego is pretty much all you care about. Every thread you ever created ends with you talking about yourself, and many threads you didn’t create, for example this one.

I have nothing to be gained from posting here, other than to help the few people who might listen. Whether I kick the bucket tomorrow or in a few decades, my intent has been good.

If you had nothing to gain by posting here, you wouldn’t post here, it’s very simple. You either don’t realise or are pretending that’s not the case. Your comments are so full of hyperbole and hysteria that they’re only useful to someone looking to write a screenplay about the mental things some people say on internet fora.

One of the things that passed my mind when I thought ratskep might be kaput, was that I might never get the chance to converse with you again. And others, of course. I can't explain why I like to hear the likes of someone like you calling me a cunt occasionally, it makes no sense, but I have always enjoyed your participation here. Which probably explains why I keep responding to your negative retorts. Whatever. Best wishes to you and yours.

I don’t care.

Did you notice how with all those words, you did not once address the main subject of the post you’re replying to, which was that your nonsense about length of life being meaningless is down to pure ignorance? No? That’s because you’re too busy talking about yourself again. You don’t care about your ego, lol.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#57  Postby surreptitious57 » May 28, 2020 11:44 am

james wrote: