Court orders Florida mom to circumcise son

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Mom Arrested Who Fled Objecting to Circumcision

#121  Postby DoctorE » May 16, 2015 10:51 am

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida woman who fled to avoid the circumcision of her son was arrested Thursday for contempt of court, her attorney said.

Heather Hironimus went missing with her 4-year-old child nearly three months ago, going into hiding as her long court battle against the surgery reached its climax. Though her defenders said she was simply doing what she could to protect a child portrayed as "scared to death" of the procedure, a judge issued a scalding rebuke for her refusal to appear in court, charging her with contempt and issuing an arrest warrant.

She was taken into custody Thursday, her attorney Thomas Hunker said, declining to release further details. Her name did not yet appear in inmate databases and calls to jail officials went unanswered.

Continues: http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/ ... s-arrested
DoctorE

Male

Iceland (is)
Print view this post

Re: Mom Arrested Who Fled Objecting to Circumcision

#122  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 16, 2015 10:59 am

"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#124  Postby ED209 » May 16, 2015 11:11 am

Could she not claim asylum in a civilised country? Somewhere that wouldn't order the mutilation of her child against his (and her) wishes.
It's been taught that your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.
ED209

Print view this post

#125  Postby campermon » May 16, 2015 11:32 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
duplicate topics merged for your convenience :D
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#126  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 18, 2015 9:29 pm

ED209 wrote:Could she not claim asylum in a civilised country? Somewhere that wouldn't order the mutilation of her child against his (and her) wishes.

I don't know what this would involve, but I know you can't get a passport for a minor child unless both parents are actually present.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Court orders Florida mom to circumcise son

#127  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 20, 2015 7:13 pm

The federal lawsuit has been withdrawn because the attorney felt the judge was hostile to the case and didn't want to risk an adverse ruling. :sad:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Poor child.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#128  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Very unfortunate for the little kid. No one should be put through surgery needlessly.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#129  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Everyone is back in court today and the mother, crying and under duress, signed the consent form:

https://www.facebook.com/ChasesGuardian ... =1&theater

Poor child. My heart is breaking for him. And honestly, the mother too. She's just as much a victim in this.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#130  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 22, 2015 3:50 pm

I hate the precedent this sets. Hate it. That poor woman. Her poor kid. This case is just fucking dreadful.

I hope some kind of interference prevents the kid from being circumcised but, otherwise, hope he doesn't experience any complications or have any associated problems later in life. This is just so needless and such a violation.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#131  Postby scott1328 » May 22, 2015 8:37 pm

NamelessFaceless wrote:Everyone is back in court today and the mother, crying and under duress, signed the consent form:

Poor child. My heart is breaking for him. And honestly, the mother too. She's just as much a victim in this.

How is it even coherent that a "consent" form be signed under duress. What is the point of that? This procedure is being done without the consent of the mother or the victim child. How is this not a most vile breach of bodily autonomy?
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#132  Postby NamelessFaceless » May 22, 2015 9:27 pm

I know. That's what we're all asking. It's beyond comprehension. You can see her heartbreak in these pictures.

And in this local news story.

http://www.local10.com/news/south-flori ... t/33167696
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#133  Postby monkeyboy » May 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Signing a "consent form" as a condition to be released from jail is not consenting. Its being desperate to get out of jail. Its signing under duress. Its no different to the POWs we've seen being made to read out confessions of war crimes or anti war statements by captors in order to stop having the shit kicked out of them. Its totally disingenuous and if it is recognised by a court as genuine consent then the law is a fuckheaded, blind ass!
I guess this poor kid's father is so desperate to stick it to his ex that he is totally willing to be hated by his son when he reads about this later. What a totally loathsome prick!
Genital mutilation is totally unacceptable and its about time children had the right to an intact body into adulthood. Of course I accept that there are medical reasons for certain procedures but routine mutilation because of tradition/parents wishes/religion/fucknuttery? No excuse any more.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#134  Postby jdp » May 23, 2015 3:44 pm

I didn't see this in the thread but I'd thought I'd add that the only doctor to testify in the case, for this alleged "father", testified that (from C.R.N.H.'s Response to motion to dismiss)

"Indeed, pediatric urologist Dr. Charles Flack, the only medical expert to render an opinion in state court, unequivocally stated that the surgery was not worth the risks and that he would not do it to his own son under these circumstances."

"Dr. Flack testified that the procedure was not recommended, not medically necessary, and not worth the risks of general anesthesia." and that

"[DE-17, Exhibit 5 at pages 11-12]. The fact that Defendant Judge Gillen went against the recommendation of Dr. Flack shows that he intended to compel C.R.N.H.’s circumcision all
along regardless of the child’s best interests."
jdp

United States (us)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Macros1980 » Jun 09, 2015 7:54 am

Latest update: Chase is scheduled to be circumcised on Thursday at Joe DiMaggio Children's hospital in Hollywood, Florida. Pressure is already being piled on the hospital and the physician.

https://www.facebook.com/ChasesGuardians

To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#136  Postby cyghost » Jun 09, 2015 10:51 am

Fuck stop this already :ill:
cyghost

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#137  Postby Macros1980 » Jun 09, 2015 11:04 am

Hopefully all the negative attention they're getting will make them think again. Both the hospital and the physician are being inundated with Facebook messages and other communications, pleading with them to reconsider. The physician himself is an amateur novelist. He's even been getting one-star reviews on Amazon from intactivists!
To presume that your one-in-64-million chance thing is a miracle is to significantly underestimate the total number of... things... that there are. -Tim Minchin
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#138  Postby NamelessFaceless » Jun 09, 2015 2:24 pm

I feel sick. :sad:
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#139  Postby Macros1980 » Jun 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Finally, some good news! A Florida lawyer, A. Daniel Vazquez, has taken Chase's case on pro bono and has sent this cease and desist notice to the hospital and the doctor. Still no news of whether they took any notice but they'd be arrogant fools to ignore this. Oh, wait...
Page 1.jpg
Page 1.jpg (55.9 KiB) Viewed 2554 times

Page 2.jpg
Page 2.jpg (59.66 KiB) Viewed 2554 times

Page 3.jpg
Page 3.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#140  Postby Macros1980 » Jun 11, 2015 10:23 pm

Page 4.jpg
Page 4.jpg (51.34 KiB) Viewed 2554 times

Page 5.jpg
Page 5.jpg (55 KiB) Viewed 2554 times

Page 6.jpg
Page 6.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
Macros1980

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion