Death service

The whole kit and kaboodle.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Death service

#21  Postby The_Piper » Apr 26, 2020 12:56 am

I don't have plans or care. I'm not a parent. But it's about time to think about a will, considering the pandemic. :ill: My estate of 12 acres of black fly habitat and a house full of "one man's junk is another man's treasure". They have my blessing to sell it all, and strike it rich middle class for a little while that tax year.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby cyberomega » Apr 26, 2020 3:03 am

Yeah I don't really have anything worth bequeating, was more concerned about my send off. Although not that bothered since I won't be around to participate in the festivities. Just seems like a prime opportunity to give people the excuse and opportunity to think differently about things.
"I’ve seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy." (to bartender) "Dry white wine and Perrier please. And what about you two chaps?" - Rimmer
cyberomega

Name: Matt
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby The_Piper » Apr 26, 2020 3:23 am

cyberomega wrote:Yeah I don't really have anything worth bequeating, was more concerned about my send off. Although not that bothered since I won't be around to participate in the festivities. Just seems like a prime opportunity to give people the excuse and opportunity to think differently about things.

Yeah, It's a good thread idea. I figured it was a good place to mention a will. :)
If the relatives who outlive me want to fire me off to Mars, they also have my blessing. :dopey:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby surreptitious57 » Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm

I have a will but no funeral plan anymore since I have cashed the two in that I already had
But I have left written instructions for me to be cremated and given a non religious service

I sometimes have this thought that I could inadvertently end up with a church service and buried in a Christian graveyard
as I have no next of kin but I cannot really control what happens to me after I die so no real point worrying about it then

I have no assets other than the house and its contents - the house will be sold at auction and the contents may go to charity
All my organs are being donated to science apart from me eyeballs but as I am being cremated they could have gone as well
I am in reasonably good condition for my age [ 56 ] and hopefully someone less fortunate will benefit from my bits after I go
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#25  Postby BrettA » May 01, 2020 11:15 pm

BrettA wrote:Another (future) possibility is promession (briefly, cryogenic-freezing, vibration to the point of atomization and freeze-drying), but the company went under in 2015, although they're still appointing 'Ambassadors' or representatives around the world.

Along with aquamation (https://www.binkleysfuneralservice.com/aquamation), I mentioned promession as two ecologically beneficial alternatives to cremation in Post 16 & noted that the company advocating promession (http://www.promessa.se/) was liquidated in 2015 but still seemed active in some spheres. I signed up for a newsletter not knowing whether they'd actually send any and I got my first one this morning. I don't know when or even whether it'll be available for body disposal, but especially for those of us nearer death, it's worth following, IMO. Wikipedia documents promession and Promessa here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promession
My Wiki Page (Contribs: photos & other): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrettA343
BrettA

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion