Farewell, Fallible x

Peace & rest at last

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Farewell, Fallible x

#41  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 16, 2020 5:31 pm

it's all come very quickly in the end, which i'm grateful for...48 hours ago, the doctors were still talking about putting her on the immunotherapy line of treatment...i think, as they've readied her for that, underlying issues have become more apparent and it's become clear her body was failing...she was still fighting inside, i could see that in her face last night under the mask of medication, but they settled her down with something as we left and, as she's slept, her body's just hoisted the white flag and guided her to the end
She battled through in every kind of tribulation
She revelled in adventure and imagination
She never listened to no hater, liar
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire
Oh my my, oh my, she flies
Laura Mvula

FIERCE AND FABULOUS
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby zulumoose » Oct 16, 2020 5:44 pm

:( So sorry to hear this
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Thommo » Oct 16, 2020 5:58 pm

I'm so sorry. Thanks so much for taking the time to come here and let us know when it must feel like there are so many other things to worry about.

I feel genuinely honored to have got to know Heather, in however limited a capacity, through reading her thoughts here. She was one of a kind. Thoughtful, tough, witty, kind.

I'm glad that you were all together so close to the end, I hope it provides Meg some closure. It must still be so, so devastating for you both and I'll be thinking of you.
Thommo

Print view this post

#44  Postby Beatrice » Oct 16, 2020 7:06 pm

I'm very sorry Tony, This is such sad news.
Phew... for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself.....
"GOD" is an acronym which stands for "GOD Over Djinn".
Beatrice
RS Donator

Name:
Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#45  Postby campermon » Oct 16, 2020 8:01 pm

My thoughts are with you.
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#46  Postby aban57 » Oct 16, 2020 8:12 pm

So, I haven't posted anything here since this morning because I didn't know what to say. It hit me more than I thought it would. So I got some rest, tried to clear my mind, and took the opportunity of my show to say what I feel. Come to the dedicated topic if you're interested.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#47  Postby The Serpent » Oct 16, 2020 10:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this, Tony. I will keep you and Heather in my daily anxieties.

Taj
Religious traditions are the fault lines along which societies fracture when placed under stress. -- Sam Harris
The Serpent

Name: Taj Cassidy
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Spinozasgalt » Oct 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Stijndeloose sends his condolences and love to you and Meg, too, Tony.

I can sort of think again this morning. I just want to say...

Hev was like no one else. She was fiercely supportive of me before and after I came out on here, stood up for me, stood with me, but she was also just a really witty and nutty friend I could always talk to. I called her "mum" cos she felt like my mum away from home. She had this way of making you feel like you had someone in your corner who'd check in with you and knock people's faces off if they bugged you. I'll always wish I'd gotten to meet her in person one day, but I'm just glad I knew her. And I'm glad I got to spend so many years bullshitting with her.

I don't think I'm alone here, I think a lot of us caught some of her fighting spirit over the years and carry it with us now.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Oct 16, 2020 11:12 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Give your daughter a big hug for all of us.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#50  Postby The_Piper » Oct 16, 2020 11:57 pm

Yes, and a big hug for you, US, too. A virtual hug for the forum members who are feeling loss as well, which I'm guessing is just about all of us.
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#51  Postby jamest » Oct 17, 2020 12:05 am

I heard the news earlier today. Absolutely gutted. Didn't know whether to say anything here for obvious reasons, but that's how I genuinely feel. Had to say it.

This place has lost a great icon of itself. A bit like Britain losing Nelson, for example. She was that great, here, imo.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#52  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 17, 2020 8:20 am

thanks again, folks

remembering her with music today - it was so, so important to us both

sgt kelly's bang on with phenomenal woman - she gained a lot of strength from certain songs and lyrics in the last few months

it feels appropriate to me that she left us during her favourite time of year, so currently on one fo our favourites that first drew us together nearly 30 years ago

Laura Mvula

FIERCE AND FABULOUS
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Tinker Grey » Oct 17, 2020 2:24 pm

So sorry.
Tinker Grey

Print view this post

#54  Postby Destroyer » Oct 17, 2020 5:38 pm

This site has evidently been on the wane for some time now. Fallible's unfortunate passing will only contribute to its further demise, in my view. Fallible showed no interest in those debates where point scoring was the only objective. She would get involved in many threads, with no intention of serious debate, only to curtail what she could foresee to be meaningless circular discourse. I had immense admiration for her... The current demise of this site is no one's fault, in particular; it is just due to the status quo with scientific knowledge being able to elucidate religious faith for what it is. Hence passionate debates from the likes of UndercoverElephant, Little Idiot, plObs etc, Fallible was well aware would ultimately be circular. She passionately objected to me for the simple reason that I refused to publicize what I claimed to have knowledge of. She was a very insightful individual, Fallible, and that is why I do not think anyone familiar with her could have deemed her not worthy of respect, irrespective of differences. There are some on this site clearly not given to public show of emotions, but I doubt even they are not moved by this loss, in Fallible.
Destroyer

Name: Patrick Mills
Male

Print view this post

#55  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 17, 2020 11:07 pm

lovely words, so many lovely words from all of you - i'm very, very touched

i was always flabbergasted by her speed and wit - I've never really engaged in debate here as i feel rather overwhelmed by the intelligence on display from so many of you but, damn, when she was on fire, i was in awe of her

also,
As I've said in the spiel, people have been in touch to ask what they can do. This is a new experience for me, but both Meg and I feel this is right and proper. Please take time to read and share if you like but I have absolutely no expectations of anyone. Your kindness, love and support over the last 48 hours have already been more than enough.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding ... YQRYWLJBog
Laura Mvula

FIERCE AND FABULOUS
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 18, 2020 5:43 am

Awww fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! :(

Tony, I am gutted to read this. I loved Fall dearly - she was one of a kind. One of the people here who made this place!

I hope you don't mind me sharing this in public, Tony... but when I came back from a long absence of 4 years, Heather and I exchanged a bunch of PMs where she told me about her diagnosis - she was clearly not feeling great, but said that despite everything she was facing, having you around made everything ok.

My love to you and your family. She will be missed by many people!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#57  Postby Mantisdreamz » Oct 18, 2020 7:08 am

I had someone ask me to post this, on behalf of them:

She was a lovely person. I am truly saddened that she is not longer available. She did bring joy to this world, and my very small experience with her, compared to others, was a joy that has been carried in my heart. She did imprint on me. She carried good and gave it, probably without knowing it herself. Idk, just one of those people that does make you feel good to be around them.

They were a poster of this forum, but not a regular.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. She will be missed. x
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#58  Postby UncertainSloth » Oct 18, 2020 7:40 am

Spearthrower wrote:Awww fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck! :(

Tony, I am gutted to read this. I loved Fall dearly - she was one of a kind. One of the people here who made this place!

I hope you don't mind me sharing this in public, Tony... but when I came back from a long absence of 4 years, Heather and I exchanged a bunch of PMs where she told me about her diagnosis - she was clearly not feeling great, but said that despite everything she was facing, having you around made everything ok.

My love to you and your family. She will be missed by many people!

share away, pal, i know i'm going to discover much of what made her her as i go through her online personas

all I've ever done is try to do the right thing and my best for her, hence the quiet hero lyric in my sig x :cheers:
Laura Mvula

FIERCE AND FABULOUS
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#59  Postby TopCat » Oct 18, 2020 10:10 am

I'm a relatively infrequent poster here of late, and she and I didn't interact much, if at all. However I very much enjoyed what she posted on many occasions. Clearly a lady of great wit, intelligence and integrity, and I will miss her here. So sorry to read this news.
TopCat

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#60  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 18, 2020 11:38 am

My deepest sympathy to both of you at this very sad time

Fierce fabulous Fallible will be missed by so many

Rest In Peace Heather Rest In Peace
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post