Going to London and Edinburgh in May

Advice or meetups?

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Going to London and Edinburgh in May

#121  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 18, 2017 9:59 am

That the spirit Aggie. :thumbup:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#122  Postby Fallible » May 18, 2017 10:34 am

Agrippina wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Agrippina wrote:
Fallible wrote:Surely you mean 107!

In the early years of Ratskep, it stopped at 100, so I was 100 years old for three years. So 110 it is. Born in 1908. :grin:

If it were me, I'd go by your age as published in your profile. Three years when you're in your hundreds makes all the difference. :teef:

It does a little. One more ache every day. Still I'm not going to die before the Queen. I refuse. :lol:

Same here! I mean can you imagine that? I'd be monumentally pissed off if that pampered nonagenarian outlived me! :rofl:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#123  Postby solazy » May 18, 2017 11:32 am

BlackBart wrote:Home again. :( We had a toddle around Salisbury Crags this morning - beautiful sunny weather and a lovely walk marred only by the hideous apparition of a sub-optimal cycle path. Got back to London and it's grey, dismal, cold and raining. How does that work?

? I was in London yesterday and it was warm and humid, or at least it was in Southend during the afternoon.

Hoping to go to Scotland soon to hit a few golf balls. I realize that despite complaining about Scottish food I have never sampled deep fried Mars bars. I would need chips too, so how do I order? Should I ask for a deep fried Mars bar supper or what? Is supper a synonym for chips in Scotland? A supper in England usually means an evening meal so you can see my confusion.
The other question I have is what happens if I want double chips? Should I order a chip supper?
solazy

Name: Steve Wilkes

Print view this post

#124  Postby Fallible » May 18, 2017 11:55 am

Ah, the mysteries of the orient...
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#125  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 18, 2017 12:29 pm

solazy wrote:
BlackBart wrote:Home again. :( We had a toddle around Salisbury Crags this morning - beautiful sunny weather and a lovely walk marred only by the hideous apparition of a sub-optimal cycle path. Got back to London and it's grey, dismal, cold and raining. How does that work?

? I was in London yesterday and it was warm and humid, or at least it was in Southend during the afternoon.

Hoping to go to Scotland soon to hit a few golf balls. I realize that despite complaining about Scottish food I have never sampled deep fried Mars bars. I would need chips too, so how do I order? Should I ask for a deep fried Mars bar supper or what? Is supper a synonym for chips in Scotland? A supper in England usually means an evening meal so you can see my confusion.
The other question I have is what happens if I want double chips? Should I order a chip supper?

Yep supper does chips with something. Pie and chips was a favourite. A black or white pudding supper. Fish is never eaten much and it will be probably haddock. So logically it is probably a "mars bar supper".

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#126  Postby Mazille » May 18, 2017 12:53 pm

It's funny. Do Scottish people actually eat fried mars bars? In my month there I've only ever seen it on one menu, at a chip shop at the Grass Market in Edinburgh, so I'm guessing that was more for the tourists than anyone else.
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#127  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 18, 2017 1:18 pm

I've seen them once on a menu and it was in Canada. I'm sure they exist in Scotland but I never saw them there.
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: speaking moistly
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#128  Postby Agrippina » May 18, 2017 1:51 pm

Fallible wrote:
Agrippina wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Agrippina wrote:

In the early years of Ratskep, it stopped at 100, so I was 100 years old for three years. So 110 it is. Born in 1908. :grin:

If it were me, I'd go by your age as published in your profile. Three years when you're in your hundreds makes all the difference. :teef:

It does a little. One more ache every day. Still I'm not going to die before the Queen. I refuse. :lol:

Same here! I mean can you imagine that? I'd be monumentally pissed off if that pampered nonagenarian outlived me! :rofl:

Going to have to hang on for a bit though, her mother had 10 years on her. I reckon Philip's about to move on to the great polo field in the sky before too long.
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#129  Postby VazScep » May 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Mazille wrote:It's funny. Do Scottish people actually eat fried mars bars? In my month there I've only ever seen it on one menu, at a chip shop at the Grass Market in Edinburgh, so I'm guessing that was more for the tourists than anyone else.
You should be able to get them in just about any chippy in Edinburgh.

I've had them a few times. They're awesome.
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#130  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 18, 2017 2:02 pm

VazScep wrote:
Mazille wrote:It's funny. Do Scottish people actually eat fried mars bars? In my month there I've only ever seen it on one menu, at a chip shop at the Grass Market in Edinburgh, so I'm guessing that was more for the tourists than anyone else.
You should be able to get them in just about any chippy in Edinburgh.

I've had them a few times. They're awesome.

It has made the Scots (in)famous world wide. :lol:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#131  Postby CdesignProponentsist » May 19, 2017 12:55 am

I need to make a correction. I did not bring back a cold. It was the black fucking plague.

102F temperature and two days of agony. I'm now in gob expelling mode but feeling much better. Holy cow!

I had a flu shot in October. I would have thought it would've covered me. Must have been a different strain.
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#132  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 19, 2017 8:07 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:I need to make a correction. I did not bring back a cold. It was the black fucking plague.

102F temperature and two days of agony. I'm now in gob expelling mode but feeling much better. Holy cow!

I had a flu shot in October. I would have thought it would've covered me. Must have been a different strain.

You cant trust those haggises. :whistle:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#133  Postby CdesignProponentsist » May 19, 2017 5:13 pm

LOL noted :D
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#134  Postby BlackBart » May 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Oh. Goody. Now you tell me. :shock:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Never quite know what the plural is for haggis. Some say haggi and some haggises which my spelling control agrees with.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion