High Fibre Cereal

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: High Fibre Cereal

#21  Postby UncertainSloth » May 20, 2020 2:09 pm

the 27% of fibre is in 100g - the 11 is grams is in a 40g serving/average bowl, which would be approximately 27% by my reckoning

this may explain things
i guess i could be a quiet hero
no one knows the good i've done

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Alan B » May 20, 2020 2:15 pm

That would make sense, but 'Show product details' here, it states 11g of fibre per 100g serving.
edit.
I raised the problem with them.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby UncertainSloth » May 20, 2020 2:32 pm

i suspect that will be misuse of the information by whichever third party has completed the sales form - i don't know how listing amazon works but i would suspect it's that link i posted that has appropriated their images from the amazon pantry post and has then misinterpreted the nutritional information - hence giving it as a number without % or g sign
i guess i could be a quiet hero
no one knows the good i've done

e
UncertainSloth

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#24  Postby proudfootz » May 20, 2020 4:23 pm

Two words:

psyllium husks
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Alan B » May 21, 2020 12:35 pm

Fibre percentage in the above take some searching. Most of the info seems to relate to "serving size" which can vary from a couple of level teaspoons to a tablespoon to 2/3 of a 'cup' (whatever that is). Mostly from the States. I found one label per 100 grams (UK) which indicates about 10% dietary fibre.

See here.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby felltoearth » May 21, 2020 2:32 pm

Beans seem to be the thing that is intermittently unavailable here. Interestingly, initially it was canned beans and now certain types of dried beans seem unavailable. No clear trend but I haven’t been able to get dried fava beans for a couple of weeks now.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#27  Postby The_Piper » May 21, 2020 2:38 pm

The Fiber One I posted is 55% daily fiber in 1.5 cups. Beans don't help me, and fiber powder, such as psylium husk aren't nearly as effective for me. People's guts vary quite a bit in what helps or not.
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby proudfootz » May 21, 2020 2:50 pm

Alan B wrote:Fibre percentage in the above take some searching. Most of the info seems to relate to "serving size" which can vary from a couple of level teaspoons to a tablespoon to 2/3 of a 'cup' (whatever that is). Mostly from the States. I found one label per 100 grams (UK) which indicates about 10% dietary fibre.

See here.

According to this site:

A cup is a very commonly used unit of volume measurement, especially for measuring small volumes at the kitchen or in the garden. 1 cup is the unit approved by the Imperial system and the US customary system, and it is equal to 250 milliliters.

https://www.conversion-metric.org/volum ... onversions

Myself I don't use very much psyllium husk - just a largish spoon such as I'd use to eat soup with blended into a shake (maybe 15.00 milliliters or so). It seems to do the trick for me.

2/3rds of a cup all at once seems excessive to me, but maybe in an emergency situation... :oops:
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain
proudfootz

United States (us)
Print view this post

#29  Postby The_Metatron » May 21, 2020 3:33 pm

Any vegans here with chronic constipation problems?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion