Home Improvement Discussion

Stuff around the house/flat/apartment/condo/etc.

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Home Improvement Discussion

#381  Postby felltoearth » May 18, 2020 4:53 pm

Moved the rose bushes to a new bed then realized I don’t have a garden hose. I thought I had one as we did at the old place. Must have left it there. Thankfully we’re getting rain for the next day. I’ll still need to give them a good soak though.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#382  Postby The_Piper » May 18, 2020 5:50 pm

laklak wrote:Garden hose ends have their own thread size, called (drum roll) "hose thread". It's not compatible with any other thread size. There are adapters, you can usually find them in the PVC pipe section.
Cool, then ordering a 3/4" plumbing fitting should work then. :cheers:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#383  Postby The_Piper » May 18, 2020 5:51 pm

I started putting up a seedling greenhouse today because of little wind. The plastic is missing on one side and I'm taping some clear plastic on to replace it. Guess what happens halfway into the task. :lay:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#384  Postby The_Piper » May 18, 2020 5:53 pm

felltoearth wrote:Moved the rose bushes to a new bed then realized I don’t have a garden hose. I thought I had one as we did at the old place. Must have left it there. Thankfully we’re getting rain for the next day. I’ll still need to give them a good soak though.

Stop by, I have an extra one you can have. :dopey:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#385  Postby OlivierK » May 18, 2020 8:47 pm

The_Piper wrote:I started putting up a seedling greenhouse today because of little wind. The plastic is missing on one side and I'm taping some clear plastic on to replace it. Guess what happens halfway into the task. :lay:

Meh, you've got tape for a reason! :lol:
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#386  Postby felltoearth » May 18, 2020 10:15 pm

The_Piper wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Moved the rose bushes to a new bed then realized I don’t have a garden hose. I thought I had one as we did at the old place. Must have left it there. Thankfully we’re getting rain for the next day. I’ll still need to give them a good soak though.

I don't think it will reach from your place.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#387  Postby The_Piper » May 18, 2020 10:48 pm

OlivierK wrote:
The_Piper wrote:I started putting up a seedling greenhouse today because of little wind. The plastic is missing on one side and I'm taping some clear plastic on to replace it. Guess what happens halfway into the task. :lay:

Meh, you've got tape for a reason! :lol:

It's hard to apply it when the plastic is flapping around in the wind! :lol: I used little clamps to hold it down against the wind.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#388  Postby The_Piper » May 18, 2020 10:49 pm

felltoearth wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

You can take it home with you. Hopefully the duty wouldn't be too high. :lol: :dopey:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#389  Postby felltoearth » May 18, 2020 11:37 pm

The_Piper wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
The_Piper wrote:

You can take it home with you. Hopefully the duty wouldn't be too high. :lol: :dopey:

:lol: It’s the exchange rate that’s the killer
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#390  Postby The_Piper » May 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Now I get to play with my septic system again and then dole out wads of cash for a sewer pump/repair. How much? All the wads of cash, I'm guessing. These aren't big wads. Also sump pump the dirty water from the pump tank onto the backyard, or have the whole septic tank drained again. Hopefully it will be good as new 22 years old!
When I get the parts that I ordered I also get to crouch under the house for a day or two and replace all the pipe fittings and make a brace to keep the pump from floating and messing up the pipe fittings again. They're all just pieced together, unsoldered. I bought shark bite push fittings for replacement.
It's going to be a while with my cutting tool. Image
I have saws but the cut needs to be clean, and these do a good job of that. If someone knows a better way, please speak up, I've never done this before. :)
Maybe I'll get a sump pump that turns on automatically to empty the crawl space when it floods, rather than put the well pump outside in it's own enclosure. Not sure how well that will work with the brook so close, pumping during a flood might be a fool's errand.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#391  Postby The_Piper » Jun 22, 2020 11:11 pm

My plumbing piping went well, until it came time to turn the water back on and wrap up. Then the pressure switch died. The next day, a plumber called to say he could come look at the sewer pump, so impeccable timing. The sewer pump was only a faulty float, and he replaced the pressure switch, and yada yada yada my water hasn't worked this good before. The pump is noisy though, it might be on it's last leg. Well I can use the money I saved on the sewer pump for the well pump if it goes before the next thing. :lol: :nono:

So there's this 89 Dodge Ramcharger that the wheel studs all sheared off of. How do I get that rotor off to replace the broken studs? Is it all one piece? It looks like it's connected all the way to the hub cover.
I tried online but an hour of searching and I didn't find info on one that looks like mine. I know the rotor long since seen it's day, but it's never going on a public road.
DSC09975.JPG
DSC09975.JPG (968.44 KiB) Viewed 47 times
DSC09976.JPG
DSC09976.JPG (786.01 KiB) Viewed 47 times
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion