Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#21  Postby Sgt Kelly » Apr 24, 2020 1:43 pm

I'm with Hermit. 6 weeks alone in my apartment and the only thing I find myself mildly annoyed with is my unkempt coiffure.
User avatar
Sgt Kelly
 
Posts: 458
Age: 49
Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#22  Postby The_Piper » Apr 24, 2020 2:40 pm

I've been cutting my own hair for 15 years. Living alone as well as an introvert. I miss auctions, and yard sales which would be getting going right about now. Also, buying groceries and putting them away without feeling like I should wipe them down first, or let them sit in a corner untouched for a few days. Petting my neighbor's kitties. I'm sure there's more.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 29633
Age: 47
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#23  Postby laklak » Apr 24, 2020 2:47 pm

I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20878
Age: 68
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#24  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 15, 2022 3:43 pm

It was barely enforced where I am. Not much disruption as far as I could tell, everything mostly normal.
Refugees welcome.
User avatar
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 64

Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#25  Postby The_Metatron » Jan 16, 2022 12:38 am

laklak wrote:I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.

Florida man is back!

Good to see you.
I AM Skepdickus!

Check out Hack's blog, too. He writes good.
User avatar
The_Metatron
Moderator
 
Name: Jesse
Posts: 21494
Age: 59
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#26  Postby Macdoc » Jan 16, 2022 1:21 am

While we are not locked down and have had only 3 days of it since day one ....I REALLY MISS HAVING NO COMMUNITY CASES which until a couple weeks ago was the situation all year, no msks, no distancing everything open. You just had to contact trace ...easy life ....

No so much now... :whine:
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
User avatar
Macdoc
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 17710
Age: 74
Male

Country: Canada/Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#27  Postby The_Piper » Jan 16, 2022 5:05 am

Reno's pizza up in Caribou succumbed to the pandemic. A good and locally popular small business. Somehow big corporations required a bail-out. So hooray, for Wal-mart and Subway? <----rant included. Plus it's actually just Reno's, but you know my favorite dish from there. :waah:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 29633
Age: 47
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#28  Postby The_Piper » Jan 16, 2022 5:08 am

The_Metatron wrote:
laklak wrote:I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.

Florida man is back!

Good to see you.
Unfortunately not, that was an old comment. He ghosted us!! So I guess we miss Laklak from the lock down. I was posting at Rationalia months ago and he was still posting there.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 29633
Age: 47
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#29  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 16, 2022 9:07 am

laklak wrote:I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.


You could have joined family members if you wanted to. Rules usually come with exceptions and loopholes.
Refugees welcome.
User avatar
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 64

Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#30  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 16, 2022 10:44 am

Jesus Is Lord wrote:
laklak wrote:I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.


You could have joined family members if you wanted to. Rules usually come with exceptions and loopholes.



But don't test them too strenuously, or you'll end up like Novax Djocovid. He thought he was a loophole, but he was another ban. "Get back to where you once belonged, Djo-djo."
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 30179
Age: 24
Male

Country: Nutbush City Limits
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#31  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 16, 2022 10:51 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
Jesus Is Lord wrote:
laklak wrote:I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.


You could have joined family members if you wanted to. Rules usually come with exceptions and loopholes.



But don't test them too strenuously, or you'll end up like Novax Djocovid. He thought he was a loophole, but he was another ban. "Get back to where you once belonged, Djo-djo."


If you're a high profile person, it's easier to be made an example of, and create the desired impression. Don't assume that huge numbers of people haven't been ignoring the rules.
Refugees welcome.
User avatar
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 64

Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#32  Postby Animavore » Jan 16, 2022 10:58 am

I'm not minding lockdown at all. I seem to be going the opposite way to many others. While a lot of people who were mostly stay-at-home are getting cabin fever, me, who was always out am liking the excuse for a bit of solitude. While alcohol consumption is reportedly going up among the populace, I have barely drank at all when I practically lived in the pubs before.

I've been studying networking and changed jobs, and I'm learning guitar, reading music, and music theory, and I'm super fit from gym.

Honestly this has been the most productive time I've had in ages showing the most personal growth.
A most evolved electron.
User avatar
Animavore
 
Name: The Scribbler
Posts: 44941
Age: 43
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#33  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 16, 2022 11:04 am

Jesus Is Lord wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Jesus Is Lord wrote:
laklak wrote:I miss loud family dinners, and not being able to travel back to Eswatini. But otherwise it's copacetic.


You could have joined family members if you wanted to. Rules usually come with exceptions and loopholes.



But don't test them too strenuously, or you'll end up like Novax Djocovid. He thought he was a loophole, but he was another ban. "Get back to where you once belonged, Djo-djo."


If you're a high profile person, it's easier to be made an example of, and create the desired impression. Don't assume that huge numbers of people haven't been ignoring the rules.


Your original comment was about finding exceptions and loopholes and not about how high-profile you are while looking for exceptions. You're changing focus again, which is a hallmark of the obvious trolling you're conducting, so why don't you just fuck the hell off?
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 30179
Age: 24
Male

Country: Nutbush City Limits
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#34  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 16, 2022 11:17 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
Jesus Is Lord wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Jesus Is Lord wrote:

You could have joined family members if you wanted to. Rules usually come with exceptions and loopholes.



But don't test them too strenuously, or you'll end up like Novax Djocovid. He thought he was a loophole, but he was another ban. "Get back to where you once belonged, Djo-djo."


If you're a high profile person, it's easier to be made an example of, and create the desired impression. Don't assume that huge numbers of people haven't been ignoring the rules.


Your original comment was about finding exceptions and loopholes and not about how high-profile you are while looking for exceptions. You're changing focus again, which is a hallmark of the obvious trolling you're conducting, so why don't you just fuck the hell off?


You're clearly annoyed at me for some reason. I don't want to spend my time arguing with you, and presumably you don't want that either so why don't you just disregard my posts. Seems like the common sense thing to do.
Refugees welcome.
User avatar
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 64

Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#35  Postby Cito di Pense » Jan 16, 2022 11:23 am

Jesus Is Lord wrote:
You're clearly annoyed at me for some reason. I don't want to spend my time arguing with you, and presumably you don't want that either so why don't you just disregard my posts. Seems like the common sense thing to do.


Sorry, my bad. I mistook this for a public thread in a discussions forum.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Posts: 30179
Age: 24
Male

Country: Nutbush City Limits
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#36  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 16, 2022 11:30 am

Cito di Pense wrote:
Jesus Is Lord wrote:
You're clearly annoyed at me for some reason. I don't want to spend my time arguing with you, and presumably you don't want that either so why don't you just disregard my posts. Seems like the common sense thing to do.


Sorry, my bad. I mistook this for a public thread in a discussions forum.


It is, and you're welcome to post your thoughts. But this is a discussion forum as you say, not a personal attack forum. One should strive to keep their emotions in check, makes sense?
Refugees welcome.
User avatar
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 64

Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#37  Postby hackenslash » Jan 16, 2022 11:32 am

Jesus Is Lord wrote:You're clearly annoyed at me for some reason.


Setting aside how you can divine emotional states from text alone (another amateur armchair psychologist), I wonder why somebody who bowls up at a sceptics' forum with the name 'Jesus Is Lord' and denigrating an entire demographic with bigotry and ableist language in their signature might get short shrift from the membership...

I don't want to spend my time arguing with you,


Then perhaps you should find a venue more conducive to your needs, because argument is what you're going to get here.

and presumably you don't want that either so why don't you just disregard my posts.


That's not what we do here.

Seems like the common sense thing to do.


Ah, the fallacious appeal to intuition again. Nice.

You're really not doing well here, and you're not going to until you engage honestly. And no, it isn't because you're a Christian, it's because you say really dumb things.
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 22910
Age: 53
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#38  Postby hackenslash » Jan 16, 2022 11:35 am

Jesus Is Lord wrote:It is, and you're welcome to post your thoughts. But this is a discussion forum as you say, not a personal attack forum.


There was no attack. Stow your pathetic fucking butthurt.

One should strive to keep their emotions in check, makes sense?


Fuck you, and the equine quadruped that propelled thee hence. One should learn to read the fucking room. It isn't for you to rock up more than a decade after the inception of this forum, a forum with a significant history prior to that inception, and dictate how the members behave. I don't come to your house and slap the cock out of your mouth.

Sense? You wouldn't know it if it shot you in the face
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 22910
Age: 53
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#39  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 16, 2022 11:39 am

What demographic? What are you on about? What's with all the swearing all of a sudden? I thought we were talking about lockdowns.
Refugees welcome.
User avatar
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 64

Print view this post

Re: Lock down ....what I miss most....the bitch list

#40  Postby hackenslash » Jan 16, 2022 11:44 am

Jesus Is Lord wrote:What demographic?


'Lefties'.

What are you on about?


Your nasty bigotry.

What's with all the swearing all of a sudden?


Check my forum profile.

I thought we were talking about lockdowns.


We were, until you started blathering about being attacked and dictating to the forum membership how they should behave. Stow it.
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 22910
Age: 53
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest