Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#1961  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 11, 2016 2:03 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:The political environment and attitudes towards marijuana has changed completely since the last Republican government. It was barely plausible for the last Republican government to crack down on a single state. They tried and they failed miserably because of the political shit storm it created for them. The shit storm they would create for themselves this time around would be orders of magnitude greater.

You must be talking about medical marijuana. There was never any recreational marijuana under a modern Republican government. Ever. And there's already a growing push among conservatives for Congress and their President elect to do something about it.

I've derailed this thread with politics enough, though. You should get back to the appreciation/education/information format that was intended. :thumbup:
"You have to be a real asshole to quote yourself."
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Name: D-Money Sr.
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1962  Postby CdesignProponentsist » Nov 11, 2016 2:13 am

Well I disagree. There is far to much money involved and states are not going to give it up without a fight. And they would have to do this 28 times over and piss off a significant portion of their electorate. All they need is to arrest one granny smoking for her arthritis to make them look like big bad government intruding on our private lives in all the news outlets. The media loves pot too.

I'm resting easy. :D
"Things don't need to be true, as long as they are believed" - Alexander Nix, CEO Cambridge Analytica
CdesignProponentsist

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1963  Postby The_Piper » Nov 11, 2016 4:50 pm

They're calling it a victory for my state. Absentee ballots raised the difference in votes to about 4400. Opponents aren't conceding though. Here's the part where our shitty governor might ruin it for other states too -
LePage said Thursday during a radio interview with WGAN that he will ask President-elect Donald Trump whether his administration plans to enforce existing federal laws prohibiting marijuana possession before deciding whether he will file a legal challenge against Question 1.

“If (Trump) enforces federal law, then I have no choice but to not put this into play and this is going to be a court battle,” the governor said.

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/11/10/absentee-ballots-from-overseas-may-be-key-to-maine-marijuana-vote/
In October, LePage said he would mount a court challenge if voters approved recreational marijuana for adults. He said he could be impeached if he allows the law to take effect because he takes an oath to uphold federal laws, under which marijuana remains illegal.

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/11/10/legal-marijuana-proponents-claim-victory/
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1964  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 11, 2016 4:54 pm

This is going to be a difficult four years of not at all enjoying saying I told you so.
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1965  Postby The_Piper » Nov 11, 2016 4:57 pm

ScholasticSpastic wrote:This is going to be a difficult four years of not at all enjoying saying I told you so.

You jinxed us. :lay: :tongue:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1966  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Probably. I blame my Mom. She's a witch.
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1967  Postby laklak » Nov 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Well we finally got medical, so that's a start.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#1968  Postby The_Piper » Nov 11, 2016 8:21 pm

laklak wrote:Well we finally got medical, so that's a start.

But only high CBD, low THC, and no cultivation, according to Norml. Unless that was the old law.
Still, it's a lot better than nothing for those patients.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1969  Postby laklak » Nov 11, 2016 8:44 pm

That's the old law, Charlotte's Web and similar strains have been available for several years now. We just voted (71%!!!) for full medical use. The writing is on the wall, the old fuckers are dying off and the 60s hippies (moi) are taking over. Legalization in 4 years, mark my words..

I won't be getting a medical card, though, not until the Feds stop enforcing their stupid laws. I've no idea what The Donald's stance on it is. If I were him I'd immediately tell the DEA to go pound sand up their asses, it's a state's rights issue and they need to keep their grubby Federale noses out of it.

Feds suck ass.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#1970  Postby ScholasticSpastic » Nov 11, 2016 10:00 pm

laklak wrote:
I won't be getting a medical card, though, not until the Feds stop enforcing their stupid laws. I've no idea what The Donald's stance on it is. If I were him I'd immediately tell the DEA to go pound sand up their asses, it's a state's rights issue and they need to keep their grubby Federale noses out of it.

The thing about Republicans if their past behavior is anything to go by is that States rights are only important to them if the States line up with the Republican platform. Otherwise, bend over and wait your turn.
~ ScholasticSpastic
ScholasticSpastic

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1971  Postby The_Piper » Nov 11, 2016 10:27 pm

laklak wrote:That's the old law, Charlotte's Web and similar strains have been available for several years now. We just voted (71%!!!) for full medical use. The writing is on the wall, the old fuckers are dying off and the 60s hippies (moi) are taking over. Legalization in 4 years, mark my words..

Feds suck ass.

Yes they do.
Luckily here in Maine medical users don't have to register. I have a card but no one knows I do unless there's a problem. It's literally a get out of jail free card. :lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1972  Postby laklak » Nov 12, 2016 2:21 am

Now that's a good idea, if they implement it here I'll go talk to my quack. We've no idea how it will be structured, that will come from the legislature. Probably 6 - 9 months before it actually takes effect.
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#1973  Postby The_Piper » Nov 12, 2016 2:30 am

laklak wrote:Now that's a good idea, if they implement it here I'll go talk to my quack. We've no idea how it will be structured, that will come from the legislature. Probably 6 - 9 months before it actually takes effect.

Wow that long. It used to be that medical patients did have to register here, but they dropped that requirement just in recent years. You need to have a "qualifying condition", which in my case I brought documentation of the conditions to a special doctor who "recommends" marijuana or not. My local doctor's office is federally funded so doesn't do that. Plus I'm in the bible belt of Maine.
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1974  Postby laklak » Nov 12, 2016 3:40 am

I can't wait to see how it's going to work. Imagine - just walking into a store and buying some. Fuck. I've got arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, and I'll come up with something else if necessary.

It's a brave new world, man!

Hey! You can visit now!
laklak
RS Donator

Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#1975  Postby The_Piper » Nov 12, 2016 5:04 am

laklak wrote:I can't wait to see how it's going to work. Imagine - just walking into a store and buying some. Fuck. I've got arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, and I'll come up with something else if necessary.

It's a brave new world, man!

Hey! You can visit now!

:drunk:
Either of those conditions do qualify in Maine.
Unfortunately most states don't have reciprocity for other states' cards. Which is really shitty, it makes traveling difficult. Maine does have reciprocity, so you can visit here. :lol:
NH, RI, PA, NV,MI, and AZ, also do afaik. I keep checking Norml's website to see what the laws are in other states for when I travel. I can make it all the way to Indiana in either medical/recreational/decriminalized, and down to Maryland, if I avoid NJ, but in reality I don't because their laws are lenient for small amounts, they wouldn't be hard on me. Plus doing the olive oil, it's a pretty small chance a cop would ever suspect it. It doesn't smell much, unlike the butter, plus I keep it in pretty airtight medicine bottles. I could smell the buds through a canning jar. 8-) Good stuff these days. :shock:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1976  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 23, 2017 2:46 am

Oh man, just started using a vape pen. This is exactly what I've been looking for. There's nothing like the good old fashioned way, but the simplicity and lack of smell to tip off the neighbors gives me a long-missed peace of mind.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1977  Postby The_Piper » Feb 23, 2017 12:31 pm

I never used a vape pen. That ship has sailed though, I only do edibles now.
Maine finally got on board with the referendum and possession of up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana is legal for an adult. Plus we can grow our own. I'm still going to participate in the medical marijuana program though, it falls under more favorable rules for edibles (and travel). I'm not sure edibles have been legalized, where hash is still illegal. :dunno:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1978  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 24, 2017 4:25 am

I like edibles in theory, but have had a lot of negative experiences with them. My attempts to cook have utterly failed (and can't do it now with my neighbors), last few times I've gotten some they always seem really weak. Which is strange, because the first time got me so baked I felt like I was on mushrooms.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1979  Postby BWE » Feb 24, 2017 4:44 am

SafeAsMilk wrote:Oh man, just started using a vape pen. This is exactly what I've been looking for. There's nothing like the good old fashioned way, but the simplicity and lack of smell to tip off the neighbors gives me a long-missed peace of mind.

love me my vape pen
BWE

Print view this post

#1980  Postby SafeAsMilk » Feb 24, 2017 4:49 am

BWE wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Oh man, just started using a vape pen. This is exactly what I've been looking for. There's nothing like the good old fashioned way, but the simplicity and lack of smell to tip off the neighbors gives me a long-missed peace of mind.

love me my vape pen

Only downside is it seems to be more expensive. I don't think this will last me a month, usually the solid equivalent would last me a couple months at least.
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion