Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2141  Postby The_Piper » Nov 16, 2017 12:57 am

CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Cannabis won't be legal until it is as legal to grow in your backyard as tomatoes.

With States buying in at 20 to 25% tax on cannabis gross sales from dispensaries does anyone think that legally growing your own without restrictions is something that is going to happen anytime soon.


You can grow up to 6 plants here. I just don't have the space or the proper thumb hue to do it. I also have a renter who is a recovering addict. I would prefer not to deal with that. I do have a friend who gets quality bud though. The quality from the medical dispensaries is also very good here. We have Humboldt County to thank for it :smoke:

:lol: I've seen pictures. :dopey:
I can have 6 mature plants, unlimited seedlings and pre-flower plants, and up to 8 pounds of weed in various states of drying/curing, but only 2.5 ounces of finished weed. That's with the medical card. Plus there are some medical dispensaries. With recreational you can have 6 mature plants, but I don't know the rest. They can be grown outdoors if out of sight of the public and of people under 21.
Those are restrictions though, of course. I don't see that ending soon. We also voted for retail sales, but our Trumpian governor is doing all he can to delay that from taking effect. Watch him delay the medicare expansion too, he's a real dirtbag. No better than Trump, probably worse of a human being. Just a fucking disgrace to our formerly great state. :lol: :nono: :shifty:
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 22708
Age: 43
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2142  Postby BWE » Nov 18, 2017 2:09 am

6 mature plants are going to be a lot more than 2.5 oz.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2191

Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2143  Postby BWE » Nov 18, 2017 2:10 am

The_Piper wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Cannabis won't be legal until it is as legal to grow in your backyard as tomatoes.

With States buying in at 20 to 25% tax on cannabis gross sales from dispensaries does anyone think that legally growing your own without restrictions is something that is going to happen anytime soon.


You can grow up to 6 plants here. I just don't have the space or the proper thumb hue to do it. I also have a renter who is a recovering addict. I would prefer not to deal with that. I do have a friend who gets quality bud though. The quality from the medical dispensaries is also very good here. We have Humboldt County to thank for it :smoke:

:lol: I've seen pictures. :dopey:
I can have 6 mature plants, unlimited seedlings and pre-flower plants, and up to 8 pounds of weed in various states of drying/curing, but only 2.5 ounces of finished weed. That's with the medical card. Plus there are some medical dispensaries. With recreational you can have 6 mature plants, but I don't know the rest. They can be grown outdoors if out of sight of the public and of people under 21.
Those are restrictions though, of course. I don't see that ending soon. We also voted for retail sales, but our Trumpian governor is doing all he can to delay that from taking effect. Watch him delay the medicare expansion too, he's a real dirtbag. No better than Trump, probably worse of a human being. Just a fucking disgrace to our formerly great state. :lol: :nono: :shifty:

what state is that?
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2191

Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2144  Postby Macdoc » Nov 22, 2017 6:07 am

Image
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
User avatar
Macdoc
 
Posts: 11855
Age: 70
Male

Country: Canada/Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2145  Postby The_Piper » Nov 22, 2017 11:53 pm

BWE wrote:
The_Piper wrote:
CdesignProponentsist wrote:
Oldskeptic wrote:
Cannabis won't be legal until it is as legal to grow in your backyard as tomatoes.

With States buying in at 20 to 25% tax on cannabis gross sales from dispensaries does anyone think that legally growing your own without restrictions is something that is going to happen anytime soon.


You can grow up to 6 plants here. I just don't have the space or the proper thumb hue to do it. I also have a renter who is a recovering addict. I would prefer not to deal with that. I do have a friend who gets quality bud though. The quality from the medical dispensaries is also very good here. We have Humboldt County to thank for it :smoke:

:lol: I've seen pictures. :dopey:
I can have 6 mature plants, unlimited seedlings and pre-flower plants, and up to 8 pounds of weed in various states of drying/curing, but only 2.5 ounces of finished weed. That's with the medical card. Plus there are some medical dispensaries. With recreational you can have 6 mature plants, but I don't know the rest. They can be grown outdoors if out of sight of the public and of people under 21.
Those are restrictions though, of course. I don't see that ending soon. We also voted for retail sales, but our Trumpian governor is doing all he can to delay that from taking effect. Watch him delay the medicare expansion too, he's a real dirtbag. No better than Trump, probably worse of a human being. Just a fucking disgrace to our formerly great state. :lol: :nono: :shifty:

what state is that?

Maine.
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 22708
Age: 43
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2146  Postby laklak » Nov 23, 2017 6:51 am

I've been thoroughly enjoying the local Swazi Gold, a 100% sativa landrace strain, an indigenous variety that hasn't been hybridized. It's a traditional thing here, most farmers have a patch and it's a major component of traditional medicines. There is a fucking shit ton of weed in Swaziland. It's technically illegal but unless you're dealing large quantities they won't bother you. It's lovely. SO fresh compared to what we get on the black market at home. It's not absurdly strong, either, so you can smoke a bit more of it and it's easier to maintain a specific buzz level. I've been missing the social aspect of smoking, rolling a joint, passing it around, rooooooooooooooool another one, just like the other one. Most of what I get in Florida is blisteringly potent, smoking a whole joint would be a guaranteed case of the whiteys. You also find the odd seed in the buds, too, so I'll take a few back to the states and see if they grow.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 16475
Age: 63
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2147  Postby The_Piper » Nov 24, 2017 10:36 am

Good to hear you're not hurtin over there. Sounds like you have it coming out of the Swa-zoo. :teef:
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
User avatar
The_Piper
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 22708
Age: 43
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2148  Postby BWE » Dec 07, 2017 7:04 am

I made some oil by soaking an ounce of mediocre bud in everclear and filtering it then drying off the everclear (grain alcohol 90%).

It's kind of unbelievably excellent.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2191

Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2149  Postby The_Metatron » Dec 07, 2017 7:32 am

¿Que?

I see fair bud sometimes in the $50/oz shelf.

I know nothing about this oil you made. What does one do with it? How much of it does this process yield? How does one titrate the result?


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk.
My new website is up. Who wants to be a contributor?

I AM Skepdickus!

https://www.skepdick.us/blog/
User avatar
The_Metatron
Moderator
 
Name: Jesse
Posts: 19561
Age: 54
Male

Country: United States
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2150  Postby BWE » Dec 07, 2017 7:46 am

The_Metatron wrote:¿Que?

I see fair bud sometimes in the $50/oz shelf.

I know nothing about this oil you made. What does one do with it? How much of it does this process yield? How does one titrate the result?


Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk.

I grew a plant this year that got surprisingly huge so I ended up with more than I would smoke in 10 years. I have given several ounces away and done this now with one as an experiment. Will do it with at least 2 more. Might also do the dry ice hash with one or two.
http://www.growweedeasy.com/dry-ice-hash

One oz bud, ground in a coffee grinder, soaked in a mason jar for 3 and 1/2 days, strained through fabric from a nylon, netted about 2 1/2-3 grams of the oil. That is an insane lot.

I use a yocan vaporizer to inhale it.
http://www.yocantech.com/Evolve-Plus-XL/index.html

2 big hits is an intense 3 or 4 hr journey.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2191

Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2151  Postby BWE » Dec 07, 2017 7:50 am

Any solvent that evaporates clear will work from what I understand. Grain alcohol is $15 1/2 gallon and somehow just seemed better than acetone or what have you so that's what I used. You may not be able to get grain alcohol in washington liquor stores though. It's actually been long enough since I've been there that I forgot you don't have state liquor stores any more till I wrote that. When I lived there, everclear was not sold in the liquor stores which you no longer have so you are on your own with that.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2191

Print view this post

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2152  Postby BWE » Dec 08, 2017 4:24 am

So, about a quarter gram of that oil gets 12 people plenty high.
User avatar
BWE
 
Posts: 2191

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest