Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Marijuana appreciation/education/information thread

#2341  Postby fluttermoth » Jan 20, 2023 12:38 pm

I smoke tobacco and weed mixed, it's the way I've always done it and, for sure, it comes from smoking hash. I didn't have my first 'skunk' until 1995 :shock:

I have severe OCD with a lot of intrusive thoughts; it makes it really hard for me to concentrate and finish any task :( Weed really helps me focus, and I'm afraid I use joints as training rewards for myself; do the dishes and you can have a smoke. Clean the rabbit out and sweep the floor, and you can finish that smoke :oops:
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2342  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 20, 2023 12:50 pm

Mmmm I miss soap bar.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2343  Postby jamest » Jan 27, 2023 11:46 pm

fluttermoth wrote:I smoke tobacco and weed mixed, it's the way I've always done it and, for sure, it comes from smoking hash. I didn't have my first 'skunk' until 1995 :shock:

I have severe OCD with a lot of intrusive thoughts; it makes it really hard for me to concentrate and finish any task :( Weed really helps me focus, and I'm afraid I use joints as training rewards for myself; do the dishes and you can have a smoke. Clean the rabbit out and sweep the floor, and you can finish that smoke :oops:

Or, for those that can't be arsed sweeping the floor, clean the rabbit out and smoke the rabbit.

I'll get my coat.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#2344  Postby The_Piper » Jan 28, 2023 3:12 pm

I used to make my own hash when I still smoked. Now I just make weed infused olive oil and put it into capsules. I can even take it in the State House and no one knows. Of course, it takes 45 minutes to kick in. I missed the ritual of smoking for a while.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2345  Postby The_Metatron » Jul 30, 2023 11:28 am

We took a rather long drive to the nearest retailer and I got a couple ounces of cannabis yesterday.

I woke up this morning, superbly well rested!

The apartment is small. We’re in a holding pattern, seeking a house to buy. I am sleeping in a bed of a size that my feet hang over the bottom edge if I stretch out. I really hadn’t been sleeping so well. Until last night.

The nearest shop is on a Reservation up on the St. Lawrence. Only 85 miles away, but it takes a long time to get there, the highways aren’t very direct from here to there. I probably should have got a few ounces. Next trip up there, I’ll do that.

New York has legalized recreational cannabis, but they’ve really dragged their feet on permitting retailers. Once legal in New York State, the Akwesasne Reservation wasted no time establishing retail cannabis shops. Good on ‘em. I’m happy to give them my business.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2346  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 31, 2023 4:03 am

I've found a place right near my house that finally offers a reasonable price. When it became legal here, unbelievable numbers of dispensaries opened, but they were all looking to make a quick buck and the prices were outrageous. Now I get it about USD7/GBP5.60 a gramme. There's another shop nearby which still has prices no less than USD60/GBP45 a gramme! Absurd.

Unfortunately, a couple of months back I came out of tri-geminal neuralgia remission, and the bud is no longer capable of replacing the pharmaceutical.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2347  Postby gene_fowler89 » Sep 17, 2023 3:35 pm

I wonder if non-users appreciate the plant's attractiveness? From its alien-like flowers and smells to its vibrant purples, pinks, and oranges, it easily tops many other plants in everyday gardens. But it was illegal for so long I'm not sure people ever had the chance to look at it free from worry; which is a shame, because both the male and females can be stunning.

One from the microscope...

gene_fowler89

Print view this post

#2348  Postby fluttermoth » Sep 18, 2023 7:06 pm

gene_fowler89 wrote:I wonder if non-users appreciate the plant's attractiveness? From its alien-like flowers and smells to its vibrant purples, pinks, and oranges, it easily tops many other plants in everyday gardens. But it was illegal for so long I'm not sure people ever had the chance to look at it free from worry; which is a shame, because both the male and females can be stunning.

One from the microscope...

They can do...

I had my mum visit once and I forgot I had a young plant on the windowsill :oops:

She said, "That's a pretty plant, what is it?" "Something you probably won't want to try" was all I could think of to say :lol:
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#2349  Postby The_Piper » Sep 19, 2023 12:55 am

Busted? :lol:
I'm not a non-user, but I do appreciate the plant itself. It's very pungent and sticky. Some so sticky that you need to wash with good soap to get it off. It traps insects occasionally. They attract slugs and snails like crazy, they looooove the leaves.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2350  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 19, 2023 3:38 am

fluttermoth wrote:
I had my mum visit once and I forgot I had a young plant on the windowsill :oops:

She said, "That's a pretty plant, what is it?" "Something you probably won't want to try" was all I could think of to say :lol:

I once lived above a dentist and had one growing in my window only for an ex-police officer turned window-cleaner to spot it while clearly peering into my room from his ladder. My dentist landlord point out it wasn't the best look for a professional medical site to be growing weed. He was very cool though - he even sampled the ensuing product after it had been cut down.

Now I could theoretically grow 6 plants in the house legally, but I am not sure I want to spend all the resources of soil and light when I can buy it from a larger farm operation that uses less resources due to economy of scale.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#2351  Postby gene_fowler89 » Sep 22, 2023 1:14 pm

fluttermoth wrote:
They can do...

:grin: ...the horror!
gene_fowler89

Print view this post

#2352  Postby gene_fowler89 » Sep 22, 2023 1:22 pm

The_Piper wrote:...It traps insects occasionally. ...

Don't forget hair: dog hair, cat hair, your hair, everybody's hair. I'm surprised finding hair in pot pics hasn't been made into a meme game.
gene_fowler89

Print view this post

#2353  Postby The_Metatron » Sep 22, 2023 8:38 pm

The_Piper wrote:Busted? :lol:
I'm not a non-user, but I do appreciate the plant itself. It's very pungent and sticky. Some so sticky that you need to wash with good soap to get it off. It traps insects occasionally. They attract slugs and snails like crazy, they looooove the leaves.

I haven’t grown it yet, but the only thing I found that is an effective solvent for the resin from cannabis is alcohol.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#2354  Postby The_Piper » Sep 22, 2023 11:13 pm

The_Metatron wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Busted? :lol:

I haven’t grown it yet, but the only thing I found that is an effective solvent for the resin from cannabis is alcohol.

Yeah that's all I can think of too. Maybe paint thinner, but I wouldn't put it on my hands. I usually don't put alcohol on either because I have eczema. The resin comes off eventually with enough washes and using your hands for things. You must be getting pretty good stuff. The stickier the better oftentimes. :mrgreen:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion