Me and my stupid cancer

Please skip if you’re not interested

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Me and my stupid cancer

#21  Postby Fallible » Jun 08, 2020 8:01 pm

I’ve got two Thomases right next to each other. :awesome:

Mindhack, that is lovely, thank you.

Thomas, I didn’t know you’ve not been so good again, I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. Yes, you are my friend. I remember once several years ago saying I didn’t have friends here, I just came here to discuss things, or argue, as some might say. That’s no longer true. I have many friends here. All of you who have posted, and more besides. I’m very lucky and thankful for all of you, even though I sometimes don’t show it, and duck out of meeting some of you. Ev. I hope you know it’s only my diminished status and lack of energy, sometimes my gloomy mind, which has me doing that. I feel bad about that a lot. I worry that you think I‘m just rude. That’s just an internet persona.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#22  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jun 08, 2020 8:03 pm

Fuck me, what a ride. Damned genetic errors. Try some good weed, not just for fun either.

Have you named liver rider yet? Mr. Assrim, maybe?

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 08, 2020 8:04 pm

Fallible wrote:I’ve got two Thomases right next to each other. :awesome:

Both Dutch too!

I haven't been able to make it to any of the real-life meet-ups either for personal reasons, so I wouldn't judge you for that anyway.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Fallible » Jun 08, 2020 8:05 pm

:lol: Hey, Roger. No, not yet. He’s just the biggest asshat in there, so that’s what he’s known as. The biggest asshat that sits on top. There are two that are abut 2.5 cm and about 4 cm, the rest are smaller scattered asshats.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Fallible » Jun 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Both Dutch too!

I haven't been able to make it to any of the real-life meet-ups either for personal reasons, so I wouldn't judge you for that anyway.

:cheers:
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#26  Postby mindhack » Jun 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Both Dutch too!

Be careful Thomas. Any positive connotations of the concept of Dutchness is thoroughly destroyed on this forum by a single agitator who's name shall not be named! :)
(Ignorance --> Mystery) < (Knowledge --> Awe)
mindhack

Name: Van Amerongen
Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 08, 2020 8:25 pm

mindhack wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Both Dutch too!

Be careful Thomas. Any positive connotations of the concept of Dutchness is thoroughly destroyed on this forum by a single agitator who's name shall not be named! :)

Do not even go there! :naughty:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#28  Postby mindhack » Jun 08, 2020 8:30 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
mindhack wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Both Dutch too!

Do not even go there! :naughty:

I don't want to, but patriots NEED to! :whistle:

:)
mindhack

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Fallible » Jun 08, 2020 8:38 pm

Foolish ones, do not invoke Him!
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#30  Postby aban57 » Jun 08, 2020 8:47 pm

So tell us, mindhack, are there malls in the Netherlands ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#31  Postby surreptitious57 » Jun 08, 2020 8:53 pm

There are at least four Thomases on the forum and I am another one

I like what your doctors said about you though I know you have never really liked any one putting you on a pedestal
Now I wont presume to know if they were just saying it to make you feel good but it was a nice thing to say anyway
But you have been appreciated by many over the years both here and elsewhere so long before you ever became ill
Its just a simple acknowledgement of your capabilties and nothing else

Your comment about being techy did made me smile somewhat because you have always been like this
I had noticed over the last three years from time to time how you didnt appear to post any differently
Because you were your usual bolshy self on many occasions and that was something that impressed me

I think the best thing any one can do here is simply to listen because that is the limitation of our capability
So I was in two minds about saying anything because its ultimately not going to have any affect on you at all
So hopefully this will be the last post from me because this is your thread not mine so I need to shut up now
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#32  Postby Fallible » Jun 08, 2020 9:00 pm

You don’t need to shut up, surr. Perhaps I just inhabited my bolshy persona more fully over the past 3 years.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Seabass » Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm

I lost my mom to the Big C. I'm sorry you're going through this, Fallible. :hugs:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire

"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka
Seabass

Name: Gazpacho Police

Print view this post

#34  Postby Animavore » Jun 08, 2020 9:33 pm

That was a hard read. :(

Don't have a cancer story to share. Well, my da had arse cancer, but it was a minor thing.Caught early.

I never know what to say at times like this. Awkward hug. :hugs:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#35  Postby mindhack » Jun 08, 2020 9:47 pm

aban57 wrote:So tell us, mindhack, are there malls in the Netherlands ?

Yes we have malls, however, I don't want to talk about it here. :)
mindhack

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#36  Postby OlivierK » Jun 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Fallible wrote:Then when they found out what I did, there was more praise. One doctor even told me when I thanked her profusely for what she does for very ill people, ‘you do the same’. Err. Nope, I do not. I work because I can’t afford to stop, and because it helps me to think I‘m still capable of contributing in some way to people’s lives. I talk to people. I definitely do not in any way shape or form do what a bloody oncologist does.

Fall, as you may know I'm married to a doctor, who through her specialty deals with both physical and mental health, and from what I know of your work, it's absolutely up there in terms of value to the world with what oncologists do. The effect on people's lives can be just as profound, and behavioural issues are, for the most part, more diverse and complex than physical issues - even cancer - and require more flexibility and creativity to deal with. You should at least consider the possibility that those doctors paying you compliments for the value of what you do understand what you do well enough to be entirely sincere when they do so. :cheers:

As for your cancer, I'm just at a loss. We've got kids of similar ages, and I can't comprehend what it would be like to deal with what you and your family are dealing with. Fuck cancer. The injustice of it is offensive.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Beatrice » Jun 09, 2020 12:54 am

I'm thinking about you but I don't have the words to say more. Hugs if you want them.
Phew... for a minute there, I lost myself, I lost myself.....
"GOD" is an acronym which stands for "GOD Over Djinn".
Beatrice
RS Donator

Name:
Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#38  Postby don't get me started » Jun 09, 2020 6:23 am

Hi Fallible, first off, thank you for posting such an intimate account of your trials with cancer. I can imagine that the decision to do so, and the process of actually writing the account were no casual thing.

I'm not the most prolific poster and am very far from being anything like a central member of the forum (if such a thing can be allowed), but I have read a lot of your posts over the years and I'm sure that many here will agree that the forum is all the better for you being on it. I'm also sure, given the content and tone of your posts, that the world, away from this little corner of the internet that we members strangely share, is similarly better for you being in it.
don't get me started

Japan (jp)
Print view this post

#39  Postby thirsting » Jun 09, 2020 9:45 am

ctrl + c, ctrl + v the above.

Reading that story really put things in perspective. My own shitty little problems are not that bad after all....

I hope you still get to enjoy some of the good things in life. And that you can.
Well that was awkward.
thirsting

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#40  Postby blindfaith » Jun 09, 2020 10:00 am

don't get me started wrote:Hi Fallible, first off, thank you for posting such an intimate account of your trials with cancer. I can imagine that the decision to do so, and the process of actually writing the account were no casual thing.

I'm not the most prolific poster and am very far from being anything like a central member of the forum (if such a thing can be allowed), but I have read a lot of your posts over the years and I'm sure that many here will agree that the forum is all the better for you being on it. I'm also sure, given the content and tone of your posts, that the world, away from this little corner of the internet that we members strangely share, is similarly better for you being in it.

I could'nt have put it more eloquently than the above
I have read your posts for many years, so although you dont know me, i feel i know you, or more so, your character.
Your posts are always intelligent, thought through and balanced, unlike some pricks who haunt this forum. I hope you are still here as the arbiter of common sense and decency for many more years.
The best explanation for the absence of convincing reasons for god's existence is god's nonexistence

john shook
blindfaith

Name: darren
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion