MLB Baseball in London?

Red Sox and Yankees May play 2 games in June 2019

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#61  Postby jamest » May 09, 2018 1:12 am


Oh, I need to know, if I call someone a yankee whilst in New York, will I get a slap?
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18458
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#62  Postby The_Piper » May 09, 2018 2:59 am

jamest wrote:

Oh, I need to know, if I call someone a yankee whilst in New York, will I get a slap?

No, only if you say it with a southern accent. :lol:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#63  Postby laklak » May 10, 2018 2:48 am

Don't preface it with "damn" or follow with "carpetbagger".
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
laklak
RS Donator
 
Name: Florida Man
Posts: 20692
Age: 66
Male

Country: The Great Satan
Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#64  Postby felltoearth » May 12, 2018 1:12 pm

felltoearth wrote:Got free tix to Jays v Royals from our Cost Consultant. Right near the dugout. My son will be totally excited. Can't wait.

Great view we had! Went to ten innings and had to leave after the ninth to get the lad home. Jays won. Not the greatest game. Spotty pitching on both sides and hitting wasn’t great either. Jays have to up their game if they want to make it through to the finals.

Off to another game Friday!

005C8418-CB8D-48E1-84BB-BFEFF7CC71B3.jpeg
005C8418-CB8D-48E1-84BB-BFEFF7CC71B3.jpeg (836.1 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13623
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#65  Postby The_Piper » May 13, 2018 12:20 am

felltoearth wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Got free tix to Jays v Royals from our Cost Consultant. Right near the dugout. My son will be totally excited. Can't wait.

Great view we had! Went to ten innings and had to leave after the ninth to get the lad home. Jays won. Not the greatest game. Spotty pitching on both sides and hitting wasn’t great either. Jays have to up their game if they want to make it through to the finals.

Off to another game Friday!

005C8418-CB8D-48E1-84BB-BFEFF7CC71B3.jpeg

Yeah that's a great view. (They call it the playoffs. :mrgreen: ) The Sox are in Toronto right now, so far the series is tied 1-1. They went 12 innings last night, and Toronto catcher Luke Maile hit 2 homers, his only 2 of the season. The second one won the game. :waah:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#66  Postby felltoearth » May 19, 2018 12:35 am

Some stinky hitting at this game Piper. 'A's v Jays. A slightly different view.

Image
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13623
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#67  Postby aliihsanasl » May 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I wish that game would be popular in Turkey, I have zero for football and just a little for basketball but I love tennis and baseball.
"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
User avatar
aliihsanasl
 
Posts: 5280
Age: 41
Male

Country: Turkey
Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#68  Postby The_Piper » Mar 16, 2019 10:57 am

felltoearth wrote:Some stinky hitting at this game Piper. 'A's v Jays. A slightly different view.

Image

A little late with a response, but, nice view. I've sat up high in Cleveland and DC, both day games. Awesome views of the city as well. :)
aliihsanasl wrote:I wish that game would be popular in Turkey, I have zero for football and just a little for basketball but I love tennis and baseball.
Cool! Tennis is good, but I wasn't even winded enough to play that well when I was 12, now not a chance. :lol:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#69  Postby The_Piper » Mar 16, 2019 10:59 am

Image
https://www.mlb.com/london-series
Tickets are limited. To use another Seinfeld punchline, they're limited I'm sure, to however many they can sell. :dopey:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#70  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 16, 2019 11:08 am

They have to be limited otherwise they wont sell.
Actually here "honkbal" is quite popular in certain quarters. The Antilliaans are reasonable players and I believe they play in the States in fairly good teams.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#71  Postby The_Piper » Mar 16, 2019 11:48 am

Yeah there are 6 current players in MLB from the Netherlands Antilles. Including the shortstop for the Boston Red Sox, minor star Xander Bogaerts. He'll be playing in that London series, injuries notwithstanding. :)
Another Antilaan, Kenley Jansen, has been one of the better current relief pitchers in baseball. I never heard of honkbal, glad you mentioned it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_players_from_the_Netherlands_Antilles
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#72  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Thanks Fletch. :thumbup:

'Honk' = Base or home. It is an Antillians word.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#73  Postby The_Piper » Sep 13, 2019 1:30 am

Well I was on the road when this took place, and maybe that's better off, because the Red Sox got shelled. I don't know what about the atmosphere there would cause so many balls to go so far, maybe it was the ball itself. :lol:

The Red Sox are at the Roger's Cednter tonight in Toronto, and it looks like less than 1000 people in the stands. It might not be that bleak but it looks emp[ty due to the size of the stadium. I noticed in both Baltimore and Toronto, they have the same recording of a guy saying "everybody clap your hands" that they play to the crowd every so often to try and keep the fans from atrophying. They don't need to do that in Boston, they should have one that says, everybody calm the hell down" some days. :mrgreen:
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#74  Postby felltoearth » Sep 13, 2019 11:29 am

Toronto tanked and the crowds went with them. Also, all the players that made for a great team and generated excitement a couple of seasons ago are gone. Now they just generate excrement. :mrgreen: Horrible season.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 13623
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: MLB Baseball in London?

#75  Postby The_Piper » Sep 13, 2019 3:02 pm

And for a team that has Biggio, Guererro and Bichette! 2 out of three are hall of famers...sons. :lol: They all have promise, y'all'll be good again soon I think.
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
User avatar
The_Piper
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Posts: 27785
Age: 45
Male

Country: Chainsaw Country
United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest