Okay, seriously!? Where does the mind come up with dreams?

Just woken up from a good 5 minute conversation with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Discussion on Cornel West

#181  Postby arugula2 » Aug 12, 2020 6:59 am

The_Piper wrote:Post #33 about my dream belongs in the rant thread, not this one. :whine: All I know about Brother West is him calling everyone brother. :lol:

No! This is perfect. Dreams belong wherever they want, not you.

(I wanted to comment yesterday, but I've had to work nonstop & barely any sleep.) The two superb details in your dream that conjured up the feeling of dreaming were the not-knowing-how to do something you're expected to know, and the mistaking Bernie for a coworker.

For some reason, the detail that's puzzling me is how you knew you'd "only been gone a few days". Is it a vivid thought that popped into your head during the dream? Is it something you saw, like a calendar, or an arrangement of objects that you can assign to a specific time period? Is it a thought that creeped into your mind as you were waking up, i.e. your waking mind filling in that detail?

Weird question, I know. But that's the part that nags me.

Added: (for thread relevance)

"They cover every twitter" :lol: Stay clueless, Brother Cornel.
Last edited by arugula2 on Aug 12, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
arugula

Podrán cortar todas las flores, pero no podrán detener la primavera.
arugula2

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Okay, seriously!? Where does the mind come up with dreams?

#182  Postby arugula2 » Aug 12, 2020 1:24 pm

I’m telling you, The_Piper, it’s going where it wants to go... and now it’s multiplying.

This page is testament to the weirdness of dreams... especially if you read the subject lines of posts, like I do:
Attachments
peripatetic.png
peripatetic.png (1.81 MiB) Viewed 285 times
arugula

arugula2

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#183  Postby arugula2 » Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Copy-pasta-ing my reply to the clone of your original post, posted in the second of three landing areas (and now the third):

......................transplanted message follows....................watch the rails............

arugula2 wrote:
The_Piper wrote:Post #33 about my dream belongs in the rant thread, not this one. :whine: All I know about Brother West is him calling everyone brother. :lol:

(I wanted to comment yesterday, but I've had to work nonstop & barely any sleep.) The two superb details in your dream that conjured up the feeling of dreaming were the not-knowing-how to do something you're expected to know, and the mistaking Bernie for a coworker.

For some reason, the detail that's puzzling me is how you knew you'd "only been gone a few days". Is it a vivid thought that popped into your head during the dream? Is it something you saw, like a calendar, or an arrangement of objects that you can assign to a specific time period? Is it a thought that creeped into your mind as you were waking up, i.e. your waking mind filling in that detail?

arugula

arugula2

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#184  Postby Blip » Aug 12, 2020 2:00 pm

arugula2 wrote:Copy-pasta-ing my reply to the clone of your original post, posted in the second of three landing areas (and now the third)

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
I'm sorry; I missed your reply on the first pass but it's here now. If this sort of oversight should happen again, just report your orphaned post and it can be moved. :cheers:
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#185  Postby arugula2 » Aug 12, 2020 2:06 pm

Oh nice, thank you for your service! :cheers:
arugula

arugula2

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#186  Postby arugula2 » Aug 12, 2020 2:09 pm

Oh yaaaaay, it looks zanier than I imagined! :excited: Dreams are so cool.
arugula

arugula2

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#187  Postby The_Piper » Aug 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Thanks, this is the best place for my post. I didn't mean to make a big deal out of it, if it was. :)
arugula2 wrote:

My boss had mentioned that I hadn't been in since last week. Even though I was dreaming, that still didn't sound quite right to me, I knew that something was off about it. I didn't want to question it because I had the feeling I'd get in trouble. For not coming in since the Bush administration, I guess. :teef:

I miss that supervisor. He was simultaneously strict, but pleasant. Most importantly, I felt like he had our backs, so to speak, so in that respect he was a good one. I have some stories to tell about him. I'll just do one here, a funny one. I had a customer who was having a lot of stress early in the morning. I was being my usual courteous self but she snapped at me which for some reason made me take offense. I became wooden in my speech from that point. She didn't like that, she was literally shaking and had veins in her head becoming visible. I honestly felt bad for her, and still do, but I couldn't ignore the rudeness. She then threw her packages at me and yelled to see the supervisor. :tehe: He told me to go out back to have a word, and finished up the transaction. When he came back to talk to me his first word was HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! at the top of his lungs. Then he started to tell me to ignore attitudes like that and just ...HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!! again. :lol: He couldn't even finish a sentence without belly laughing. That's when I became sure that he was a good person to work for. :lol: :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#188  Postby arugula2 » Aug 13, 2020 2:54 am

Even though idk what he looks like, I played out the scene & it made me belly laugh along with him.

I pictured John Carroll Lynch, btw.

arugula

arugula2

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#189  Postby The_Piper » Aug 13, 2020 3:45 am

:lol: That's good, I worked for a guy who looked a bit like that too, only with more hair. He was a good guy to work for too, which I became sure of after a much zanier story. I'm glad you liked that story. I looked at hundreds of pics under the search term curly blonde man, and this was the best I could do. Only he was in his thirties or early forties at the time, and had naturally blonde curly hair and freckles. An Irish guy from Charlestown.
I guess this is a guy from One Direction :tehe:
boss.jpg
boss.jpg (25.33 KiB) Viewed 236 times
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#190  Postby Fallible » Aug 13, 2020 6:17 am

Niall, I do believe. I was told. Apparently.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#191  Postby The_Piper » Aug 13, 2020 7:49 am

:lol: :lol:
The_Piper

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Discussion