Racial tensions UK 2020

Probably the most depressing thread this side of the confederacy

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Racial tensions UK 2020

#21  Postby Ironclad » Jul 31, 2020 2:09 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Ironclad wrote:I would be very surprised to find the young man in Bristol was solely targeted for the colour of his skin. It is certainly shocking and terrifying, but a broad daylight assault with motor vehicle on the pavement and the hurling of racial abuse.. hmm. Somethings not quite right in this.

If my aim was to demonstrate that racism is a fiction in modern societies like that one OR that racism is endemic in modern societies like that one, I wouldn't choose that hill to die on.

Neither would I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 3:58 pm

Spinozasgalt wrote:Can't remember the last time I saw someone on here with such a dogmatic refusal to consider racism as a thing.

:eh: You what?
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#23  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 4:20 pm

Fallible wrote:I was trying to work out where recently I’d heard someone saying there was huge racial tension and there was going to be a race war wait and see it’s coming, and then I realised it was in BlacKkKlansman.

Did I say I think there's going to be a race war?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#24  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 31, 2020 5:00 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:I was trying to work out where recently I’d heard someone saying there was huge racial tension and there was going to be a race war wait and see it’s coming, and then I realised it was in BlacKkKlansman.

Did I say I think there's going to be a race war?

Keep It Real wrote:
So the country is at close to breaking point I feel...

So, um, what's a "breaking point"?

Keep It Real wrote:I'm actually frightened of where this might lead unless, basically, the BBC and government get real, see the grey and, well, basically grow a pair.

Aha! You're frightened. Thank you for your unflinching service.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 5:13 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

hmmmmmm...I probably just meant that I feel like I'm at breaking point due to the profoundly erroneous, divisive, damaging and depressing BLM/"The UK is plagued with systemic racism!" narrative. I reckon I was doing that whole false consensus effect/projection thingy..."another psychic in our midst" directed at me.

I told a bit of a lie in the OP - last night I did actually pack a few things and caught the train to Bristol, planning to sleep in a park there (Thankfully I came to my senses and just caught one straight home again), :cuckoo cuckoo: so I guess I did "break" in a way. Mowing pedestrians down in Bristol due purely to the colour of their skin indeed...FFS beeb.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#26  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 31, 2020 6:25 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:I feel like I'm at breaking point due to the profoundly erroneous, divisive, damaging and depressing BLM/"The UK is plagued with systemic racism!" narrative.

You feel at the breaking point because of a fucking narrative? Man, I almost wish I had your troubles, but I think they may go a bit deeper than despair about a fucking narrative.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#27  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 31, 2020 6:28 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

hmmmmmm...I probably just meant that

Sure you did.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby felltoearth » Jul 31, 2020 6:31 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
hmmmmmm...I probably just meant that I feel like I'm at breaking point due to the profoundly erroneous, divisive, damaging and depressing BLM/"The UK is plagued with systemic racism!" narrative.

Oh right, it's BLM being divisive. Keep blaming the victim KIR, because that ends well.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#29  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jul 31, 2020 6:34 pm

I love the bristling at the idea that black people might actually get slightly more than their fair share for once. Doom, doom!
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby felltoearth » Jul 31, 2020 6:59 pm

I wonder if BLM simply declared a “Race Emergency” if KIR would be on board?

Keep It Real wrote:In the past I must confess I thought them (us) rather lacking in tangible realisable objectives, and saw them more as "just" complaining. I learnt today in Bristol that they do in fact have at least one primary real world, potent, excellent and realistic objective - that the UK gov declare a "climate emergency." I am now fully on board with ER.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Fallible » Jul 31, 2020 7:00 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

hmmmmmm...I probably just meant that I feel like I'm at breaking point due to the profoundly erroneous, divisive, damaging and depressing BLM/"The UK is plagued with systemic racism!" narrative. I reckon I was doing that whole false consensus effect/projection thingy..."another psychic in our midst" directed at me.

I told a bit of a lie in the OP - last night I did actually pack a few things and caught the train to Bristol, planning to sleep in a park there (Thankfully I came to my senses and just caught one straight home again), :cuckoo cuckoo: so I guess I did "break" in a way. Mowing pedestrians down in Bristol due purely to the colour of their skin indeed...FFS beeb.

FFS beeb nothing.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Spinozasgalt » Aug 01, 2020 12:42 am

Keep It Real wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:Can't remember the last time I saw someone on here with such a dogmatic refusal to consider racism as a thing.

I didn't click. I didn't watch your videos, either. Not much interested in what big ol' transphobes like Zuby have to say.

When you go looking for individuals from oppressed groups to validate your own views about them, you're gonna have to realise that oppressor groups can make it profitable for some individuals from those oppressed groups to confirm and validate the comforting lies those oppressive groups tell about the groups they oppress. It's a way for those oppressive groups to continue to oppress while lifting up individual tokens.

It's a complicated thing with moving pieces, but you need to start to understand it.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Fallible » Aug 01, 2020 9:39 am

NO BLACK PEOPLE ARE WHINING FOR NO REASON

This thread is like an episode of The Twilight Zone, in which hate crime doesn’t exist.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 3:11 pm

Fallible wrote:
This thread is like an episode of The Twilight Zone, in which hate crime doesn’t exist.

Mowing down pedestrians in 2020 Bristol UK purely because of the colour of their skin - that's the Twilight Zone episode. You might think it's normal and par for the course but, er, you'd be wrong. Very wrong indeed.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#35  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 3:18 pm

felltoearth wrote:I wonder if BLM simply declared a “Race Emergency” if KIR would be on board?

Keep It Real wrote:In the past I must confess I thought them (us) rather lacking in tangible realisable objectives, and saw them more as "just" complaining. I learnt today in Bristol that they do in fact have at least one primary real world, potent, excellent and realistic objective - that the UK gov declare a "climate emergency." I am now fully on board with ER.

I'll admit that the current UK government and BLM do share some striking similarities RE irresponsible idiocy, but that's where the comparison largely ends.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Spinozasgalt wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

I didn't click. I didn't watch your videos, either. Not much interested in what big ol' transphobes like Zuby have to say.

Woops, I posted the wrong link there by accident - I meant to link you to post #13 of this thread, which you seem to have somehow missed, where I explicitly say that I think racism DOES exist. It's a...shame you dismiss Zuby completely because he thinks transsexualism is stupid, but I guess we all have our prejudices.

Spinozasgalt wrote:When you go looking for individuals from oppressed groups to validate your own views about them, you're gonna have to realise that oppressor groups can make it profitable for some individuals from those oppressed groups to confirm and validate the comforting lies those oppressive groups tell about the groups they oppress. It's a way for those oppressive groups to continue to oppress while lifting up individual tokens.

I didn't "go looking" for Zuby and the only group which I look down on with any degree of all inclusivity about this is BLM (who are mostly white it would seem and are ADORED by the sheeple and media, not "oppressed" (drama queen :lol: ). Also, have a tinfoil hat on me for thinking Zuby is lying through his teeth just in order to gain followers.

Spinozasgalt wrote:It's a complicated thing with moving pieces, but you need to start to understand it.

Condescending much. Hire the young while they still know everything lolz.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#37  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 4:02 pm

Fenrir wrote:Hey KIR.

Do you really think racist content will fly if you only make a vague attempt to disguise it as concern and commentary?

Hey Fenrir.

I don't know, when did you stop beating your wife?
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#38  Postby Fallible » Aug 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:

Mowing down pedestrians in 2020 Bristol UK purely because of the colour of their skin - that's the Twilight Zone episode. You might think it's normal and par for the course but, er, you'd be wrong. Very wrong indeed.

Why would anyone think that’s normal? You’ve lived in Bristol, so have I. I’ve lived in other areas with large numbers of racial minorities, attended school where >70% of students were such. It’s in no way beyond the realms of possibility that someone would be attacked because of their colour in Bristol. That doesn’t mean it happens all the time or that I think it’s normal. I suspect you know how bizarre your comments are.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 5:17 pm

OK, yeah, I overstated and of course you don't think it's normal, it's just that if "The Twilight Zone" is to be invoked in this thread, in the name of all that is decent, it need apply to the horror crime in the OP.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

#40  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Basically this topic (not here/this thread really but in general, recently) has done my head in and I need a break from it of unknown duration, so bye bye this thread.
Keep It Real
Suspended User

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion