Racial tensions UK 2020

Probably the most depressing thread this side of the confederacy

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Racial tensions UK 2020

#41  Postby Fallible » Aug 01, 2020 5:38 pm

But KIR, I am sorry - it is ludicrous to say this attack could not have been racially motivated. It’s absurd! I don’t know why you think it wouldn’t happen in Bristol. Crime in general tends to be higher in cities, and, sad to say as someone who loves the West Country, it’s not always great with people who appear different from themselves. Even white people from elsewhere are regarded with suspicion by many. I was a target of this when I arrived among them 40 years ago. My family still live down there now, and it’s disappointing how little things have changed. I truly don’t understand why anyone would have much argument with this.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 5:51 pm

Fallible wrote:But KIR, I am sorry - it is ludicrous to say this attack could not have been racially motivated.

Oh dear, carrying on...I did not say it COULD NOT have been racially motivated - will you PLEASE stop putting words into my mouth?! That's the third time in this single thread, by my count. Exuberant, to be charitable, but really blatant misrepresentation and just plain fucking annoying! I think it's very very very unlikely and totally unproved that this attack was purely motivated by racism and the attackers did not know their victim.

OK, you've got one, only one designation of "like an episode of the Twilight Zone" to use amongst the two options: either it applies the my views as expressed in this thread OR it applies to mowing down a pedestrian in 2020 Bristol UK purely because of the victim's skin colour. You can't use it for both positions as the one is the opposite of the other. Where does your "twilight Zone" go?
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#43  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 6:05 pm

Another thing which just occurred to me - the victim had just finished his shift working at Southmead Hospital and was walking to the bus stop. These "lets run over a black person" hypothesised people - given the adoration and worship given to the NHS these Covid days would they really "go hunting" at a NHS Hospital bus stop frequented by "angelic" NHS staff? Why not Easton or St Paul's?
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#44  Postby Ironclad » Aug 01, 2020 6:44 pm

It will be investigated as a racially aggravated GBH, as that is the perception of the victim.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#45  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 6:53 pm

Probably attempted murder IMO.

The attackers couldn't have screamed why they REALLY carried out the attack (assuming it wasn't just because they really really REALLY HATE ALLLLLLL BLACK PEOPLE!11!!) at the victim, of course, because that would vastly increase the chances of their getting nicked for it! So they settled for "F*****G N****R!" instead. Plausible, no?
Last edited by Keep It Real on Aug 01, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#46  Postby felltoearth » Aug 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
felltoearth wrote:I wonder if BLM simply declared a “Race Emergency” if KIR would be on board?

Keep It Real wrote:In the past I must confess I thought them (us) rather lacking in tangible realisable objectives, and saw them more as "just" complaining. I learnt today in Bristol that they do in fact have at least one primary real world, potent, excellent and realistic objective - that the UK gov declare a "climate emergency." I am now fully on board with ER.

I'll admit that the current UK government and BLM do share some striking similarities RE irresponsible idiocy, but that's where the comparison largely ends.

Take your feigned disingenuousness and shove it up your arse.

Black Lives Matter: the link between climate change and racial justice / Climate Analytics
In the United States, disproportionate percentages of people of colour live in places that are polluted with toxic waste, leading to negative health effects such as cancer, asthma, degraded cardiac function and high blood pressure. Research has also highlighted that race has a stronger influence on exposure to pollutants than poverty. This means it is likely that polluters not only site their activities in low income areas, but in some cases are actively selecting locations where there are high percentages of Black people in particular.

Climate change intensifies the health impacts of pollution in these communities. For example, higher air temperatures due to global warming traps air pollutants close to the ground, further reducing air quality and exacerbating existing health issues. A recent study of 32 million US births found that women exposed to high temperatures or air pollution are more likely to have premature, underweight or stillborn babies and that Black mothers are most affected.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 6:58 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
felltoearth wrote:I wonder if BLM simply declared a “Race Emergency” if KIR would be on board?

Keep It Real wrote:In the past I must confess I thought them (us) rather lacking in tangible realisable objectives, and saw them more as "just" complaining. I learnt today in Bristol that they do in fact have at least one primary real world, potent, excellent and realistic objective - that the UK gov declare a "climate emergency." I am now fully on board with ER.

I'll admit that the current UK government and BLM do share some striking similarities RE irresponsible idiocy, but that's where the comparison largely ends.

Black Lives Matter: the link between climate change and racial justice / Climate Analytics
In the United States, disproportionate percentages of people of colour live in places that are polluted with toxic waste, leading to negative health effects such as cancer, asthma, degraded cardiac function and high blood pressure. Research has also highlighted that race has a stronger influence on exposure to pollutants than poverty. This means it is likely that polluters not only site their activities in low income areas, but in some cases are actively selecting locations where there are high percentages of Black people in particular.

Climate change intensifies the health impacts of pollution in these communities. For example, higher air temperatures due to global warming traps air pollutants close to the ground, further reducing air quality and exacerbating existing health issues. A recent study of 32 million US births found that women exposed to high temperatures or air pollution are more likely to have premature, underweight or stillborn babies and that Black mothers are most affected.

Correlation =/= causation. I don't like the idea of having things shoved up my arse, so will respond in kind: go suck your mother's cunt.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby Fallible » Aug 01, 2020 7:00 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:But KIR, I am sorry - it is ludicrous to say this attack could not have been racially motivated.

Oh dear, carrying on...I did not say it COULD NOT have been racially motivated - will you PLEASE stop putting words into my mouth?! That's the third time in this single thread, by my count. Exuberant, to be charitable, but really blatant misrepresentation and just plain fucking annoying! I think it's very very very unlikely and totally unproved that this attack was purely motivated by racism and the attackers did not know their victim.

OK, you've got one, only one designation of "like an episode of the Twilight Zone" to use amongst the two options: either it applies the my views as expressed in this thread OR it applies to mowing down a pedestrian in 2020 Bristol UK purely because of the victim's skin colour. You can't use it for both positions as the one is the opposite of the other. Where does your "twilight Zone" go?

You said you were leaving the thread, I didn’t, so it might not end just because you said you’re leaving it.

I’m not putting words in your mouth - you were so incredulous about the idea. You are again here when you describe it as ‘very very very unlikely’. Maybe go back and read what you said? I can’t be arsed to even try and work out what your second paragraph means. I’ve made my point, like it or lump it.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#49  Postby Fallible » Aug 01, 2020 7:03 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Another thing which just occurred to me - the victim had just finished his shift working at Southmead Hospital and was walking to the bus stop. These "lets run over a black person" hypothesised people - given the adoration and worship given to the NHS these Covid days would they really "go hunting" at a NHS Hospital bus stop frequented by "angelic" NHS staff? Why not Easton or St Paul's?

Done with this, except to say that they’ve been charged, go and find out what with, if you’re interested in following this. I can’t be arsed with it anymore.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#50  Postby blindfaith » Aug 01, 2020 7:06 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

Correlation =/= causation. I don't like the idea of having things shoved up my arse, so will respond in kind: go suck your mother's cunt.

The best explanation for the absence of convincing reasons for god's existence is god's nonexistence

john shook
blindfaith

Name: darren
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#51  Postby Ironclad » Aug 01, 2020 10:20 pm

Apparently two males have been arrested for attempted murder tonight.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#52  Postby Fallible » Aug 01, 2020 10:47 pm

Avon and Somerset Police said the incident is being treated as a racially aggravated attack due to racist language used by the two occupants of the car - who fled the scene.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-08-01/two-arrested-on-suspicion-of-attempted-murder-over-racially-aggravated-hit-and-run-attack-on-nhs-worker
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#53  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 01, 2020 11:00 pm

I'm both impressed and glad the perps have been apprehended.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#54  Postby Spinozasgalt » Aug 01, 2020 11:21 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:Can't remember the last time I saw someone on here with such a dogmatic refusal to consider racism as a thing.

:eh: You what?

I didn't click. I didn't watch your videos, either. Not much interested in what big ol' transphobes like Zuby have to say.

Woops, I posted the wrong link there by accident - I meant to link you to post #13 of this thread, which you seem to have somehow missed, where I explicitly say that I think racism DOES exist. It's a...shame you dismiss Zuby completely because he thinks transsexualism is stupid, but I guess we all have our prejudices.

I didn't miss it, you failing or not to admit racism exists in general wasn't my point. I'm talking about your refusal to consider it in instances and your way of deflecting from it. You cut "No, it must be something else. I don't know what but it must be!" out of my post when you quoted it and missed my meaning.

Keep It Real wrote:
Spinozasgalt wrote:When you go looking for individuals from oppressed groups to validate your own views about them, you're gonna have to realise that oppressor groups can make it profitable for some individuals from those oppressed groups to confirm and validate the comforting lies those oppressive groups tell about the groups they oppress. It's a way for those oppressive groups to continue to oppress while lifting up individual tokens.

I didn't "go looking" for Zuby and the only group which I look down on with any degree of all inclusivity about this is BLM (who are mostly white it would seem and are ADORED by the sheeple and media, not "oppressed" (drama queen :lol: ). Also, have a tinfoil hat on me for thinking Zuby is lying through his teeth just in order to gain followers.

I didn't actually say Zuby was lying. What I said was that individuals can profit from confirming and validating the lies of oppressive groups. Whether those individuals believe those lies is pretty much beside the point. The rest of this is fluff.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#55  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 02, 2020 4:15 pm

blindfaith wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

It appears you were wrong...perhaps if you "ask me out for a fight" again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, I couldn't help myself... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your self described "lurking" might achieve something. Quite the dog's ass...no, no....please don't beat me up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pathetic beyond words.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#56  Postby carda » Aug 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
blindfaith wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

It appears you were wrong...perhaps if you "ask me out for a fight" again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, I couldn't help myself... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your self described "lurking" might achieve something. Quite the dog's ass...no, no....please don't beat me up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: pathetic beyond words.

tell us more ( O wise`1 ) :popcorn: you seemed to be on nice position on your knees with something very deep into your throat. :naughty2:

come on sire go ahead and make progress in your very intelligent arguement. go ahead and carry on your work full of wisdom on your knees ( with my juicy juicy and tight tight cock in your deep throat ) faggot or rascal GAY.'

and ( faggot ) do not say again lurking for than where the gays like you would go ? from the position of there knees with my cock in thy deep throat ( by pying without invitation ) where ?

huh? and say it to your dog to suck your mothers cunt and stick with her for long time as they does with bitches in the street. ( son of unkown man ) and it is your western civilization which can be labeled as an pack of varna sankara.
carda
Banned Sockpuppet

Name: hukaa

Print view this post

#57  Postby Keep It Real » Aug 02, 2020 4:32 pm

You, cardca, unlike I, will be banned from this forum pretty well as soon as a Mod comes online. If you want to help the situation in the world, set up, build, publicise OUTRAGEOUSLY and promote and love an atheist/rationalist forum in India. I'm having curry for dinner BTW xx

oh, you edited;expanded your post. I will not do that to mine.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#58  Postby carda » Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Keep It Real wrote:You, cardca, unlike I, will be banned from this forum pretty well as soon as a Mod comes online. If you want to help the situation in the world, set up, build, publicise OUTRAGEOUSLY and promote and love an atheist/rationalist forum in India. I'm having curry for dinner BTW xx

i dont see the real lurking whores ( like yourself ) getting banned.

and whatever i want to do it is not with the bullies like yourself. ( bee whore ) but still it is fun that you called me lurker when the fact is it is you who is on its knees with my cock in his deep throat ( like whore ) by pying without invitation.

and indeed you are the first who entered into arguement also. otherwise rest deny to be the whore after making an attempt of being intelligent in the first place. ( so i laugh at them for there bravery ) for grabbing my cock and denying it that i havent grabbed it with my tougue.
carda
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

#59  Postby laklak » Aug 02, 2020 4:54 pm

Go away, boring small person.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#60  Postby carda » Aug 02, 2020 4:57 pm

laklak wrote:Go away, boring small person.

but i dont think that you would give up your lurking and posing as if sound intelligent in the first place from the position of your knees with my cock in your deep throat ( by pying without invitaiton )

and since when you decoits who has captured the government were reaosnable ( i wonder that also )
carda
Banned Sockpuppet

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion