Racial tensions UK 2020

Probably the most depressing thread this side of the confederacy

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Racial tensions UK 2020

#1  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 5:05 am

Might as well start here:

Bristol race attack victim K-Dogg 'glad to be alive' - That's the BBC's title.

A young NHS worker who was seriously injured by a car in a racially-aggravated attack says he is "glad he is still here breathing".

The 21-year-old musician, who only gave his name as K or K-Dogg - the name he performs under - was attacked while walking to the bus stop from his job at Southmead Hospital, Bristol.

Witnesses said a dark blue Honda Accord was deliberately driven at him before two men shouted racial abuse at him.

The attack happened on 22 July.

K had just said goodbye to a friend and had put his headphones on when he was hit by the car and thrown by the impact of the crash into the front garden of a house.

Witnesses said the men then ran from the car.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-53598758

Ghastly and appalling attack. HOWEVER - the fact the men fled the scene, abandoning their vehicle, strongly suggests to me that the attack was premeditated/planned, and the fact the men hurled racist abuse does NOT automatically mean the attack was "racially motivated."

I was so discombobulated by this attack yesterday that I very nearly acted out by catching the train to Bristol to show some solidarity. I kept saying to myself "I can't believe it" and shaking my head. The idea, as the BBC reporting conveys, that a black person could be mown down in this way in 2020 Bristol for nothing more than the colour of their skin...unconscionable, basically, and if true, then, well, sanity has snapped RE racial tensions in the UK. Fortunately for MY sanity I woke up with thoughts given in my opening paragraph.

Racial tensions are at breaking point I feel, and all the media does is fan the flames with polemic statements to the effect that the UK is an unremittingly racist place. Wiley acted out with his antisemitism tweets the other day, and what do I wake up to this morning? Met Police 'four times more likely' to use force on black people - no grey area middle ground to the effect that maybe, just maybe, per capita, black people tangle with the law more often than whites due to their resisting arrest more (due to distrust of whitey police overseers officers? Understandable to a degree, no?) and committing more crime, per capita, due to other sociological reasons beside that....no noises like that at all, no grey area, no realism, just unrealistic "RACISM RACISM OUR POLICE ET AL ARE RACISTS RARARA!" - paragraph after paragraph of critical red hyperbole going off onto more stories of racism racism racism by whites on blacks because....because....to say anything else would be less than "anti-racist" or even just plain racist?

So the country is at close to breaking point I feel and, well, TBH I'm actually frightened of where this might lead unless, basically, the BBC and government get real, see the grey and, well, basically grow a pair. Fat chance I guess.

In closing, I did a search for "K-Dogg" to try and listen to some of his tracks, but all I could find was a US "artist" by the same name, a thug rap MC saying "nigger nigger nigger" all over his track and revelling about how violent, misogynistic and criminal he is.

Doom. I see doom. :nono:

MODS: I know this post sails fairly close to some of my recent posts on this which got me warnings/bans, but I hope this one will pass due to being composed with a cool and sober head. If, however, you deem it to be unacceptable I ask you to please not suspend me for 6 months (which is on the cards) but rather drop a mod-note in this thread and lock it, or something like that, in which case I would then refrain from all further posting on this topic here.
You're only conscious when you're thinking about consciousness.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Racial tensions UK 2020

#2  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 31, 2020 5:50 am

Keep It Real wrote:the fact the men hurled racist abuse does NOT automatically mean the attack was "racially motivated."

Well, sure, fly in the face of the only evidence you have, KIR. It's what you do, so very often. A racist attack can be premeditated, so your "analysis" doesn't give much weight.

Your brainpower is apparently being completely swamped by your emotional reactions to the events described, including your unmet desire to comment soberly on anything.

Keep It Real wrote:just maybe, per capita, black people tangle with the law more often than whites due to their resisting arrest more (due to distrust of whitey police overseers officers? Understandable to a degree, no?) and committing more crime, per capita, due to other sociological reasons beside tha

That's your prior commitment, KIR. You think it looks like sociological analysis, but it's just something you are rationalizing to yourself. Why even comment on it? Have you never heard that racism is a PRIOR condition for all the stuff you mention here? I think that's what you think you're debunking.
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Jul 31, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Al Forno, LLD,LDL,PPM
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 5:56 am

This thread isn't about me Cito and please refrain from trying to make it that.

The strongest evidence I have is living for over a decade IN Bristol, and my learning from that that racially motivated mowing downs of this hypothesised kind are not believable....and sure enough, that has not been proven, far from it.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#4  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 31, 2020 5:58 am

Keep It Real wrote:This thread isn't about me Cito and please refrain from trying to make it that.

You just made this into being about you. It's what you regularly do when questioned.

Keep It Real wrote:my learning from that

See? It's still about you and all the wise shit you think you've learned.

Keep It Real wrote:
The strongest evidence I have is living for over a decade IN Bristol

That's not data, KIR. That's another fucking anecdote about you and what you think you've learned.

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 6:59 am

Cito di Pense wrote:Have you never heard that racism is a PRIOR condition for all the stuff you mention here? I think that's what you think you're debunking.

Of course, in the PAST. You know - HISTORY. I think it was Zuby who said - hang on, I'll pull in the video (right on dude on some stuff albeit a bit of a conservative on some issues), something to the effect that many seem to be caught in some kind of temporal displacement, what with societies current obsession with (long dead) slavery etc.

Keep It Real

Print view this post

#6  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 8:00 am

Fresh off the press this morning:

Prosecutors in the US city of St Louis have said they will not bring charges against a former police officer who shot dead a black teenager in 2014.

The killing of Michael Brown in Ferguson triggered weeks of protests.

It also led to the founding of the Black Lives Matter movement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53603923

So now not only is there no evidence of racism in the killing of George Floyd (Tony Timpa?), which "put real meat on the bones" of BLM, but now the charge of "police brutality" (which they ASSUMED was racially motivated), upon which the movement was birthed, doesn't stand up at all in a court of law. Again.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#7  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 8:17 am

RE US police being racist in killing more black people in custody than whites, upon which the entire BLM movement is based: Abt 40% of deaths in police custody are of blacks, and blacks make up around 40% of the prison population (ie blacks make up abt 40% of criminals). Well done police! Colourblind!

I realise this is branching off from the intended UK focus of the thread, but it is relevant for context so, in any case: the BLM stupidity, profound it is, yes.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby aban57 » Jul 31, 2020 8:41 am

There's something you don't seem to understand KIR : not guilty doesn't mean innocent. It just means there is not enough evidence to conclude guilt with reasonable certainty.
Last edited by aban57 on Jul 31, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#9  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 8:43 am

YET BLM was/is founded on the certainty of guilt....big weeping droopy ghastly racist guilt. My understanding on this is way thorough, Cindy.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#10  Postby Ironclad » Jul 31, 2020 8:52 am

I would be very surprised to find the young man in Bristol was solely targeted for the colour of his skin. It is certainly shocking and terrifying, but a broad daylight assault with motor vehicle on the pavement and the hurling of racial abuse.. hmm. Somethings not quite right in this.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Ironclad » Jul 31, 2020 9:00 am

I would be very surprised to find the young man in Bristol was solely targeted for the colour of his skin. It is certainly shocking and terrifying, but a broad daylight assault with motor vehicle on the pavement and the hurling of racial abuse.. hmm. Somethings not quite right in this.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Cito di Pense » Jul 31, 2020 9:00 am

Ironclad wrote:I would be very surprised to find the young man in Bristol was solely targeted for the colour of his skin. It is certainly shocking and terrifying, but a broad daylight assault with motor vehicle on the pavement and the hurling of racial abuse.. hmm. Somethings not quite right in this.

If my aim was to demonstrate that racism is a fiction in modern societies like that one OR that racism is endemic in modern societies like that one, I wouldn't choose that hill to die on.

Cito di Pense

Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 9:05 am

False dichotomy Cito, IMO yes there are a very few dank decrepit filthy slimy despicable islands of racism in society - and they suck Satan's dick. It ain't endemic however and neither is it a fiction.
Keep It Real

Print view this post

#14  Postby Fenrir » Jul 31, 2020 9:13 am

Hey KIR.

Do you really think racist content will fly if you only make a vague attempt to disguise it as concern and commentary?

Coz I have a funny feeling very few will be taken in by it.
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#15  Postby aban57 » Jul 31, 2020 9:18 am

Keep It Real wrote:YET BLM was/is founded on the certainty of guilt....big weeping droopy ghastly racist guilt. My understanding on this is way thorough, Cindy.

Well if I judge your understanding through those 2 sentences, it's clearly out of reality, as thorough as it may be.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Keep It Real » Jul 31, 2020 9:21 am

never mind...thinking... here's some (US) KDogg to pass the time, the very track I referenced in the OP. Now if these "lyrics" were posted as opinion through somebody's facebook/twitter etc account, outside of the "sacrosanct" domain of "artistic music".....

Keep It Real

Print view this post

#17  Postby Fallible » Jul 31, 2020 9:43 am

Only you could take a racist attack and conclude it wasn’t a racist attack, and make the link that black people are arrested more because they’re the naughtiest. I don’t feel that things are at breaking point in this country at all, I’ve known much worse times than this. But then I was here in the early 80s when there were riots. That’s still just anecdote. I’m really only posting because I can’t believe how you ended up all arse about face with this, except I can.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#18  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jul 31, 2020 10:13 am

Can't remember the last time I saw someone on here with such a dogmatic refusal to consider racism as a thing. No, it must be something else. I don't know what but it must be!
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#19  Postby Fallible » Jul 31, 2020 10:15 am

I was trying to work out where recently I’d heard someone saying there was huge racial tension and there was going to be a race war wait and see it’s coming, and then I realised it was in BlacKkKlansman.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#20  Postby Spinozasgalt » Jul 31, 2020 10:28 am

:uncomfortablesmile:
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Next

Return to General Discussion