Scared of the Chinese?

...takeaway, that is...

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Scared of the Chinese?

#121  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:11 pm

jamest wrote:Nobody here could ever accuse me of being shallow.

Just did.

I've confronted everyone here as a whole and many people directly, on every level, utterly open and honest. I have many warning-scars to prove that. I've even put my membership at risk, many times.

Such a brave warrior. To put your forum membership at risk! At the very least you should be paraded through the streets and given a gold plated wank sock in recognition of your achievement.

You can question many things about me, but I'm definitely not shallow and I definitely do have balls. If that were not true, you wouldn't be stalking me as you do.

Stalking accusation. Classic. Notice how this post of yours has literally nothing to do with the OP, and is entirely about you and how great you are?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#122  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Fallible wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:"It's spread by droplets in the air, isn't it?" lolz

He "lolz" for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Oh, the reason is that it’s time to prod Fallible again, because she’s not paying him any attention.

Another psychic in our midst. The reason I posted that quote is because you intimated that jamest is overwhelmingly of utter ignorance, which struck me as a snide, unwarranted personal attack (how very you) and so pointed out one of YOUR pieces of ignorance. Tada!
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#123  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Oh, the reason is that it’s time to prod Fallible again, because she’s not paying him any attention.

It's still perplexing what the "lolz" is for - I have to assume it's because he doesn't have a fucking clue how a virus spreads as he laughs at respiratory droplets in the air, but thinks eating food from a particular nationality heightens your chances of catching it.

Well that would be the logical assumption, yes. In reality, who knows?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#124  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:19 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Another psychic in our midst. The reason I posted that quote is because you intimated that jamest is overwhelmingly of utter ignorance, which struck me as a snide, unwarranted personal attack (how very you) and so pointed out one of YOUR pieces of ignorance. Tada!

I’m not sure what you think about what I said implied ignorance. Say it out loud to yourself. The rest of your comment is butthurt. Not interested.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#125  Postby Thommo » Feb 11, 2020 12:23 pm

I always think psychics in the mist was a very disappointing follow up to the gorillas.
Thommo

Print view this post

#126  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Fallible wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

I’m not sure what you think about what I said implied ignorance. Say it out loud to yourself. The rest of your comment is butthurt. Not interested.

Butthurt? :rofl: hardly.

What you wrote shows you think/thought that the only means of transmission. STUPID! The virus can be spread by other means - any form of ingestion, for example. Eg Wuhan holidaying chef coughs on the cool, cooked prawn crackers, customer eats prawn crackers...
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#127  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:29 pm

Thommo wrote:I always think psychics in the mist was a very disappointing follow up to the gorillas.

:lol:
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#128  Postby felltoearth » Feb 11, 2020 12:30 pm

Thommo wrote:I always think psychics in the mist was a very disappointing follow up to the gorillas.

I could have predicted that.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#129  Postby Thommo » Feb 11, 2020 12:36 pm

felltoearth wrote:

I'm guessing it's foggy in your neck of the woods then. :nod:
Thommo

Print view this post

#130  Postby felltoearth » Feb 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Thommo wrote:
felltoearth wrote:

I'm guessing it's foggy in your neck of the woods then. :nod:

I’m actually just aping what I’ve heard.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#131  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:

Butthurt? :rofl: hardly.

Yep. Butthurt. Roll around on the floor a bit more extravagantly to show how not true it is.

What you wrote shows you think/thought that the only means of transmission. STUPID!

Er...no, I don’t think you understand the situation here. That is in fact the main route of transmission. It’s not stupid.

The virus can be spread by other means - any form of ingestion, for example. Eg Wuhan holidaying chef coughs on the cool, cooked prawn crackers, customer eats prawn crackers...

Oh, thank you for that. I see now how your utterly stupid scenario makes me totally ignorant. Where have you got your information from? All I can find says specifically that it cannot be transmitted through food, or that there is no evidence of it having been transmitted through food. Which if the case, doesn’t make me, the person stating an actual proven way the virus can spread, the one making stupid comment, does it.
Last edited by Fallible on Feb 11, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#132  Postby felltoearth » Feb 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
What you wrote shows you think/thought that the only means of transmission. STUPID! The virus can be spread by other means - any form of ingestion, for example. Eg Wuhan holidaying chef coughs on the cool, cooked prawn crackers, customer eats prawn crackers...

This is my route to and from work. The streetcar is usually packed. The circle is the heart of Chinatown in Toronto. What’s the greater risk, my daily commute or a fucking prawn cracker from a Chinese takeaway?

26B62090-4A63-4730-BDFF-2A233BE32573.jpeg
26B62090-4A63-4730-BDFF-2A233BE32573.jpeg (522.22 KiB) Viewed 135 times
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#133  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Straw man. :yawn:
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#134  Postby felltoearth » Feb 11, 2020 12:43 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Straw man. :yawn:

How? Show your work.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#135  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 11, 2020 12:43 pm

If the chef is on holiday why is he cooking for customers and is he from Wuhan or is he in Wuhan? I don't understand this scenario.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#136  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 11, 2020 12:47 pm

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:If the chef is on holiday why is he cooking for customers and is he from Wuhan or is he in Wuhan? I don't understand this scenario.

He recently holidayed in Wuhan, say, visiting relatives to celebrate Chinese new Year, and is now back in Blighty preparing the prawn crackers in the Chinese Takeaway he work in.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#137  Postby Fallible » Feb 11, 2020 12:48 pm

I asked you where you got your information from. Did you not see that bit?
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#138  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 11, 2020 12:49 pm

felltoearth wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:Straw man. :yawn:

How? Show your work.

Because I never said it'd make sense for you to go around Chinatown on your commute, of FUCKING course! Jesus sprung a leak...
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#139  Postby Keep It Real » Feb 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Fallible wrote:I asked you where you got your information from. Did you not see that bit?

I've heard it time and time again that the virus can be spread by hand to mouth contact.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#140  Postby Spearthrower » Feb 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:

Another psychic in our midst.

Every time you write that phrase, it becomes ever clearer that you don't understand what the words mean.

Keep It Real wrote:The reason I posted that quote is because you intimated that jamest is overwhelmingly of utter ignorance, which struck me as a snide, unwarranted personal attack (how very you) and so pointed out one of YOUR pieces of ignorance. Tada!

Except, of course, you didn't point out anything Fallible wrote that exhibited ignorance, but it does ironically exhibit your own ignorance as viruses are transmitted via respiratory droplets in the air... doubly ironically because you're also trying to claim that ordering Chinese food puts you at greater risk of transmission.

It's basically: tides go in, tides go out - you can't explain that pinheads!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion